Home The Bridge
Options

New Game Mode Ideas

Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
From the poll about what we'd like to see next in the game, it seems like a lot of us would like new game modes, so I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can throw out some ideas. Here's one that I think is pretty low hanging in terms of implementation (compared to crew retrieval anyway).

Game Mode: Temporary Missions
How it works: Temporary missions appear for a limited time on the map.

* Each temporary mission contains 3-4 away team mission with escalating difficulty where the latter ones are much more difficult than the regular mainstream missions, so there is something challenging for both new and veteran players
* Missions have a reward theme, like credits, faction items from one or more factions, chronitons, constellations, (or dare I suggest quantum?), etc.
* The rare rewards are the main point, and either it's not possible to do the mission once you've gotten them all, or there is a small reward
* Missions have a "trait" theme where some traits are needed for locked nodes, in order to give an incentive to use and level specific crew
* The temporary missions are on a rotating or random schedule so you can prepare crew for the next time they return
* To participate in the missions, you use a new kind of ticket
* Tickets refresh at given intervals
* There can be more than one temporary mission active at a time

Monetization: Tickets can be refreshed for dilithium. There could also be packs with tickets and/or crew from the current theme

7uw1vhlqtrof.png

Comments

• Options
    cool ideas
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the fleet research concept. Anything that's collaborative automatically has my attention.
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    I like both of those ideas. Either one would add some enjoyment to the game imho. It would be nice as mentioned in method #2 (research) to be able to use some of the skill boosts to help it along. I think many people have skill boosts that might otherwise never be used.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...