Home The Bridge
Options

Ranking Tribbles Quibble Legendaries

Because this Mega-Event theme is so fun, I would like to earn all ranked-reward Legendaries (5*), but assuming I cannot (due to time/resources/etc.), I was wondering how everyone would rank them FF/FE (so far):

Tribble McCoy
Tribble Kirk
Tribble Uhura
Tribble Sulu
Tribble Sato/Chekov/Phlox (TBD)
Tribble Quark (?)

Comments

• Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be sure to get your four copies of Tribble Kirk from the events. Sulu has the highest stats but McCoy and Spock have more collections. Spock as a super rare and Kirk as the recurring legendary are the easiest to complete. You can check em out on Datacore. https://datacore.app/behold?crew=kirk_tribble_crew&crew=mccoy_tribble_crew&crew=sulu_tribble_crew&crew=uhura_tribble_crew&crew=quark_tribble_crew&crew=spock_tribble_crew
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ALeeRocks wrote: »
    Be sure to get your four copies of Tribble Kirk from the events. Sulu has the highest stats but McCoy and Spock have more collections. Spock as a super rare and Kirk as the recurring legendary are the easiest to complete. You can check em out on Datacore. https://datacore.app/behold?crew=kirk_tribble_crew&crew=mccoy_tribble_crew&crew=sulu_tribble_crew&crew=uhura_tribble_crew&crew=quark_tribble_crew&crew=spock_tribble_crew

Thanks for your tips!

Of course, I would add that Uhura has the best art - just captures that moment wonderfully!

Indeed though I like the art on them all. Sometimes art is enough. Uhura is also very good. Guess comes to what you need and want and what is fun. There will also be the mega event wrap up packs with all the crew from the mega at a cheaper 390 dil.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I look at the various skill combinations and rank up the ones that are different than the normal command, diplomacy, and security grouping. I also look at who is more active in events. Lastly, I take into account which characters do not have as many variants in the game, and bolster those.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    +1 Tribble Sato
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Because this Mega-Event theme is so fun, I would like to earn all ranked-reward Legendaries (5*), but assuming I cannot (due to time/resources/etc.), I was wondering how everyone would rank them FF/FE (so far):

Tribble McCoy
    Tribble Kirk
    Tribble Uhura
    Tribble Sulu
    Tribble Quark (?)

My ranking is:

Kirk
    Quark
    McCoy
    Uhura
    Sulu

For starters, they are all main cast so they have event potential. Kirk gets more events, but the other four are close to equal, I think.

Kirk has that SCI skill, uncommon among Kirk variants. His ship ability is a pretty good bonus, particularly for newer players. (1 collection)

Quark is a Ferengi with DIP primary, so useful on voyages. The skill order is also kind of uncommon. (2 collections)

McCoy has an uncommon skill order. He's Homesteader Janeway with different traits and slightly stronger scores. (3 collections)

Uhura has a common skill combo, but that Communicator trait is tough for me on voyages. She's also pretty strong for an Uhura variant. (1 collection)

Sulu has the second most common skill combo. This variant isn't the strongest voyager, but he is probably the strongest Sulu in the game. (2 collections)

In terms of art, I think they're all good. That probably comes down to character preference in most cases. I probably favor Uhura. She's just adorable in that scene. Kirk, Sulu, McCoy, and Quark were all taken from their most memorable moments, though Kirk probably has a more memorable moment.

Edit: Forgot to account for collections. It doesn't really change my ranking, but it does kind of flatten things out. I don't think the power difference from one to the other is terribly significant.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    New(except for Tribble Quark) Legendary Tribble crew sorted
    by Voyages total stats (Unboosted):

fjbyjwhn01pd.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is either Sato or Phlox will be legendary. Though with @Zombie Squirrel it may be Sato. I think that would be a mistake though. There is only one 4 star Sato. And , it is a lousy card, Mirror Empress Sato. Who I still contend would have been replaced immediately by Emporer Mayweather. It is the early beginning of the Terran Empire. Do you think this bigoted empire would accept a woman for their leader.
  • Options
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    My guess is either Sato or Phlox will be legendary. Though with @Zombie Squirrel it may be Sato. I think that would be a mistake though. There is only one 4 star Sato. And , it is a lousy card, Mirror Empress Sato. Who I still contend would have been replaced immediately by Emporer Mayweather. It is the early beginning of the Terran Empire. Do you think this bigoted empire would accept a woman for their leader.

Women found ways to the top of the patriarchy throughout the ages. A good number of women have been queens and Pharaohs through the ages. It's not always a matter of whether or not people will accept it, but whether they are willing to die to fight it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Women found ways to the top of the patriarchy throughout the ages. A good number of women have been queens and Pharaohs through the ages. It's not always a matter of whether or not people will accept it, but whether they are willing to die to fight it.

We are not talking about a normal government. We are talking about one choosing to think of aliens as second class citizens or eliminate them completely.
    Mirror Archer was liberal was more open to aliens then others.

If you go back to the TOS mirror episode I do not think it shows empowerment of women and the Enterprise episodes predate that in history.

Edit: I am also sidelining my own comment. Remember it's the ship they have in Enterprise that is making Sato the Empress do you really think Mayweather would sit back and let her be Empress when he could be Emporer. Sato did not sit back and let Archer be Emporer.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sato is tricky since there are few versions of her in the game, but it's hard to make a version who isn't a DIP primary, and therefore hidden under the long shadow of Professor Sato.

However, given the full context of her tribble scene, I think an argument could be made for a SCI primary. (I could also see an SCI or ENG primary for Code Breaker Sato, when infected by the Xindi neural parasite.)

A solid Legendary Sato for DIP voyages or gauntlets would also make such a character stand out.

And I agree with @WaldoMag that a high quality Sato SR would be welcome. (And I'm never going to say "no" to another legendary Phlox!)

Assuming a Legendary Sato or Phlox is added, I'll be pushing for a copy. I haven't tried placing under 1500 since Zyree, so I have plenty of resources to get two or three copies.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    5x9anexubhn8.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    I decided to update my ranking, now that we have Chekov's stats. I moved Sulu up and put Chekov at the bottom.

My new ranking is:

Kirk
    Quark
    McCoy
    Sulu
    Uhura
    Chekov

For starters, they are all main cast so they have event potential. Kirk gets more events, but the other four are close to equal, I think.

Kirk has that SCI skill, uncommon among Kirk variants. His ship ability is a pretty good bonus, particularly for newer players. (1 collection)

Quark is a Ferengi with DIP primary, so useful on voyages. The skill order is also kind of uncommon. (2 collections)

McCoy has an uncommon skill order. He's Homesteader Janeway with different traits and slightly stronger scores. (3 collections)

Sulu has the second most common skill combo. This variant isn't the strongest voyager, but he is probably the strongest Sulu in the game. (2 collections)

Uhura has a common skill combo, but that Communicator trait is tough for me on voyages. She's also pretty strong for an Uhura variant. (1 collection)

Chekov has that same common skill combo. His stats are kind of bad. To make matters worse... (1 collection)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Boy, I made the mistake of thinking I knew the superrares for the faction event with Sulu. Now that we have those superrares the legendary of Chekhov makes sense.

But I am still surprised we got two superrares for the timeline original collection.
    I thought one Superrare and one legendary would be much more likely.

I still wish Tribble Sato would have higher stats. And, they also had the opportunity to give her MED as a main stat considering she is an original. Oh well still the unboosted DIP of 811 is better than the 716 for Mirror Empress.

@Veterinary Phlox sorry to get your hopes up. But I made the mistake of thinking only final events crew were left to be determined. I probably still would have thought Phlox would be the Legendary because of the two timeline originals being added.
  • Options

Tribble McCoy
    Tribble Kirk
    Tribble Uhura
    Tribble Sulu
    Tribble Quark (?)

If you can rank in all event types equally and have no preference when it comes to art/characters, then I would skip Chekov, now that we know his stats. None of these legendaries are amazingly useful, but he's the only one who's actually weak.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Boy, I made the mistake of thinking I knew the superrares for the faction event with Sulu. Now that we have those superrares the legendary of Chekhov makes sense.

But I am still surprised we got two superrares for the timeline original collection.

I still wish Tribble Sato would have higher stats. And, they also had the opportunity to give her MED as a main stat considering she is an original. Oh well still the unboosted DIP of 811 is better than the 716 for Mirror Empress.

@Veterinary Phlox sorry to get your hopes up. But I made the mistake of thinking only final events crew were left to be determined. I probably still would have thought Phlox would be the Legendary because of the two timeline originals being added.

Do we know for sure anyone is being added to the originals collections? Which are the two you're saying are originals?
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »

Do we know for sure anyone is being added to the originals collections? Which are the two you're saying are originals?

There were no Tribbles in the series Enterprise.

But it could have been a one minute Phlox assortment of animal scene. Would make sense that Phlox could have shown one to Sato. Kind of a cameo appearance for Tribble. I will try to find out if this happened.

First mention in history of Tribbles in Memory Alpha is for Enterprise The breach
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Tribble

Boy, this just shows how bad McCoy was with computers. He could not find Phlox's info for Tribbles 😉

This is why I hate prequels unless planned for before the original is made the history really gets destroyed. ENT (Borg)
  • Options
    Disappointing that all the legendaries were from TOS and none from Enterprise. Also disappointing that Chekov’s stats are bad. Was hoping to buy a bunch of wrap up packs but they made that very unappealing now. And even if I finished them all I would still be well short of the tribbled collection 25.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that Chekov is the weakest of these legendaries, though the fact that he largely indistinguishable from Dancing Chekov is more disappointing to me that his relative weakness among his Tribbled peers. I can live with his DIP primary as being appropriate to the episode scene, but since he was a science officer as well as navigator, this variant would be more interesting to me as DIP/SCI/SEC.

Not that this will stop me from competing for him, or pulling wrap-up packs to try for an extra star or two on the 5 legendaries. My TOS heart is loving this mega.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm never going to say "no" to a Legendary Phlox, or Sato for that matter. But thematically I think it makes sense that this event focus on TOS crew, and I'm happy these two were able to sneak in as well :)
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Tribble Sulu is an Original, though what makes him interesting is that it's debatable just where he's from. He wasn't in "The Trouble With Tribbles" at all. He was, however, in the animated episode "More Tribbles, More Troubles". However, in that episode, he remained seated at his station the entire time and never even interacted with a single tribble, let alone stood up and carried an armload of 'em. So whether he's an Original for being retroactively put into a TOS episode or for being depicted doing something he never did in the TAS episode, the point stands that he is a brand new, non-canonical Sulu whipped up by WRG.

Incidentally, if he should be classified as being from "More Tribbles, More Troubles", that would make him the first TAS Original.

22akmpleqwoj.jpeg
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust