Home The Bridge
Options

Tap Tap Tap... Tap Tap Tap....

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
Why are galaxies such a grind? I'd take more complicated recipes, or an increased volume if it meant the cap went above 1K VP.

Oh and is there a way to turn the animation off?? It gets tiresome after the 500th super rare!

Jim
DB: Do Better

Comments

• Options
    +1.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    I definitely agree with that, placed second in a galaxy event and ended up with over 3k in super rare rewards, all the clicking and animation was brain numbing.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On my iPhone when any reward pops up, if I tap on it it will go away right away. It doesn’t cure the problem but it speeds it up
  • Options
    On my iPhone when any reward pops up, if I tap on it it will go away right away. It doesn’t cure the problem but it speeds it up

Same for me. I’m using ios.
  • Options
    Stellar IceStellar Ice ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd comment on the galaxy event animations, but my brain is too numb.
    The VIP 0 Heroes and VIP 0 Champions are looking for like-minded fellow VIP 0 players to join our family of fleets. Please contact me here or on Discord.

Come join the Star Trek Timelines Discord Community!
    Invitation code: https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
  • Options
    I have iOS and tapping the animations does NOT dismiss it any faster. I just tried it several times on an iPad Pro and an iPhone X. I can tap the reward animation a dozen times and it still comes and goes as it pleases.
  • Options
    Have you guys ever played Expedition events?

I've finished 12th and 20th in Expedition events, I find those animations a lot less annoying than Galaxy (bar the ship battle which is a real PITA, but that wasn't one I tryharded in).

Each to his own though ;)
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes and you tap 5 nodes and 5 characters to get through a level, and with the new rules to get all the nodes, that's normally only 2 times through each level at each difficulty.

Nowhere even close to the endless recipe tapping that has no end in a galaxy, unless you choose to keep grinding the expedition which is a lot less efficient than just buying one single additional ticket.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

Yes and you tap 5 nodes and 5 characters to get through a level, and with the new rules to get all the nodes, that's normally only 2 times through each level at each difficulty.

Nowhere even close to the endless recipe tapping that has no end in a galaxy, unless you choose to keep grinding the expedition which is a lot less efficient than just buying one single additional ticket.

Old school expedition was worse. I'm top 15 in the current event. My best placing in an Expedition was Quadrilateral 1 where I got 26th. The latter took much more time because you weren't guaranteed rewards with event crew. I remember using up the maximum time on multiple tickets. I also bought extras with dilithium. Even this 5 day event didn't take as much time.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Old school expedition was worse. I'm top 15 in the current event. My best placing in an Expedition was Quadrilateral 1 where I got 26th. The latter took much more time because you weren't guaranteed rewards with event crew. I remember using up the maximum time on multiple tickets. I also bought extras with dilithium. Even this 5 day event didn't take as much time.

Yes, but current galaxy vs current expedition = current galaxy worse on the tap tap. I'm doing well on it but the recipe building alone is actually worse than modern expeditions then you still have the warp 10 if you go that path.
  • Options
    More tapping frustration Grrr I wish you could kill the animations
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Why are galaxies such a grind? I'd take more complicated recipes, or an increased volume if it meant the cap went above 1K VP.

Oh and is there a way to turn the animation off?? It gets tiresome after the 500th super rare!

Jim

It was easier when everyone didn't have a billion chrons from Voyages. Now that we have slightly less than a billion, I should be able to get in the top 1000 with slightly less tapping.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Zetterbeard Zetterbeard ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't kill them but you can speed them up by tapping on the pop ups. It makes them go away about 50% faster. Also works for voyages and gauntlet.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't kill them but you can speed them up by tapping on the pop ups. It makes them go away about 50% faster. Also works for voyages and gauntlet.

Until the game draws a bad overlay, lags out, or screws up in some way and decided you really wanted to spend dil.
    Also, doesn't work on all animations on android.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭

Until the game draws a bad overlay, lags out, or screws up in some way and decided you really wanted to spend dil.
    Also, doesn't work on all animations on android.

Depends on your flavour of android and device as it sometimes works on my V10.
  • Options
    I gave up. I got two months of chronos saved up, but I figure I would need 18 hours of tapping to catch the leaders. Achieved 600k with 8000 chronos. I don't recall what I scored on the shuttle bit, but I didn't spend any dil.

Seriously need a game quality improvement so I could spend all my saved chronos and actually win.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I gave up. I got two months of chronos saved up, but I figure I would need 18 hours of tapping to catch the leaders. Achieved 600k with 8000 chronos. I don't recall what I scored on the shuttle bit, but I didn't spend any dil.

Seriously need a game quality improvement so I could spend all my saved chronos and actually win.

Were you trying to 'win' or just hit top 1000?
  • Options

Were you trying to 'win' or just hit top 1000?

I was trying to win, and get a 5/5 without buying a pack or spending $$. Plus i could get the achievement awards for 5th and 1st. Also curious how far up i could by myself drag the squadron up as the rest of em will finish in the 30k-15k range as individuals.
  • Options
    Yeah a 20+ hour time commitment is crazy to get that high. I feel anybody doing that is clinically insane, but today's just me.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah a 20+ hour time commitment is crazy to get that high. I feel anybody doing that is clinically insane, but today's just me.

Are you someone else tomorrow?
  • Options

Are you someone else tomorrow?

Yeah, tomorrow I'm thinking of donning my The Clown persona.

Good old phone typing and autocorrect messing up "that's".

To each their own, galaxies are just painful to me, and if you're craziest enough to go for first, I wish you the best of luck!
  • Options
    PLLLEEEEEEEEEASSEEEEEEEEEEEE let us turn of the frickin' animations!!
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Yes, Galaxies are the worst event. RSI and trips to the doctor are all they're good for.

DB runs them because they're money makers and they can sell chrons.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    this one seems about the same as others recently - somewhere between 400-500,000 for top 1000.
    i feared it might be a bit worse but it seems tos bait isn't as alluring as spank.
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    V. wrote: »
    this one seems about the same as others recently - somewhere between 400-500,000 for top 1000.
    i feared it might be a bit worse but it seems tos bait isn't as alluring as spank.

Also, we can be pretty sure that Scotty won't give a bonus in any of the other events for this Mega. Hopefully some people won't push as hard to get him. I will, just because I love Scotty. I really wish he had 3 skills though....
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    yeah he's the first character i've been interested in since Culber.

i calculated it should take between 2.5 to 3 hours of clicking to make it so!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."