Home The Bridge

Geesh....

So I realized I kind of wanted the 5* this event, but not until Friday, only a day after starting right... no big deal - I was still on top of things just not extra... so I started to use resources, a lot of resources, a ton of resources, even at th end I used dil to speed up the last few I had that I knew wouldn't finish in time...

1502... that's crazy 16 seconds left 1499 - then 1502 after a TON of extra shuttles, 2x rewards etc...

The game is not adjusting for the player base, making it nearly impossible for anyone sane person to finish with the 5* any more.

I already stopped buying the monthly card - they charged taxes and it has been since October that I inquired about it.. you see, my state does NOT charge taxes on this sort of digital purchases.

yet this company is scamming me, and probably many of you. So I no longer spend money...

the game is getting old as it is- and I don't look forward to it as much. But I have invested a lot of money in this game... but after an event like this last one, where I stayed up late and made sure to run my shuttles with efficiency and I still can't break the 5*... yeah no thanks

at some point a person has to figure out when enough is enough - them stealing from me by over charging for the monthly dil was bad enough, but it has allowed me to save money from that.

the fact that even if I spend a lot of time and energy and not be able to crack the top 1500 is just insane

that means the only people getting those are people who are able to spend crazy time and crazy crazy resources to get it.

That isn't me... I can't say I am walking away 100% - I don't know if that is possible....

but I am so disappointed in this game these day and after this last event, so much more.

anyway - I know no one cares and everyone is like - if you don't like it walk away - i get it... just wanted to vent some frustration.

I hope you all have a blessed week and stay safe!!

Comments

• KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchieS wrote: »
    The game is not adjusting for the player base, making it nearly impossible for anyone sane person to finish with the 5* any more.
    I kinda agree on faction events. Galaxy and Skirmish I can get the 5* if I want to, almost every time, but Faction, it's a struggle, and I'm not even close unless I get crazy with requisition shuttles and boosts. I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's interesting how much of a difference. Same level of player and experience, one type of event is super easy, the other nearly impossible.
  • TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Really the only way to be sure to place in much of anything anymore is to hoard resources, and then when that one crew comes up that you can’t live without, go all out. But even at that, you’re going to have a hard time getting a tippy top spot. I hoarded a bit and when that ridiculous pie-eating Wesley was the prize, I KNEW I HAD TO HAVE HIM. As luck would have it, it was a skirmish, so I made the 1500 cut. If it had been shuttles I would have been SOL. I didn’t even try for this Uhura. I knew there was just no way. I’m sorry you missed out on her. I’d be upset if I missed by two tiny spots, too.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    You still can finish regulary Top 1,500 in faction events without spending any money. If you can t, ur strategy is not perfect.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • AviTrek wrote: »

First of all, the game doesn't collect taxes or payments, the platform does. If you think your purchases shouldn't be taxed, I suggest you take it up with apple/android/Amazon.

Second of all, I finished 132 with no Dil while taking a day off in the middle of the event. So I find it hard to accept that you couldn't rank higher. You aimed for exactly 1500 and didn't account for the number of people pushing at the end. It's rough when that happens, but no matter where the cutoff value is, there will be more people pushing for that value and some will get pushed out.

Ranking in faction events requires using extra shuttles and speed boosts. But we get plenty of them for free. So it's not that you couldn't rank higher, it's that you underestimated the number you'd need to run and got burned at the end.

The difference between 1499 and 1502 was probably less than one shuttle. Can you really say you couldn't have run one extra shuttle at one point or used speed boosts for an extra round at one point over the the 4 days?

I went to google first thinking they were charging, they specifically told me that was the charges from the company NOT them.

I put in a ticket in OCTOBER of 2020 and have yet had a final out come or them deny they do it.
    -
    At one point I had 8 shuttles out, 4 of which were 9 hour. Every other shuttle I was right there when it ended to restart (within 1 or 2 minutes on one of them) I sent out 6 with 2x shuttle extra rewards.

At one point I was around the 1250 point, but I didn't let up. The only way you finished as you stated, was you used a crap ton of shorter reducers etc... I probably should have done that used a few more of the time reducers, but I guess I thought I was close enough and should be able to keep up. I never said there wasn't more I COULD have done, but I am saying I did a LOT I used probably 25 extra shuttles, plus the 2x plus some time reducers on some of the shuttles. The only thing I didn't do was wake up in the middle of the night to send - I used over nighters.

So to recap - 1 - yes it is this company that is fraudulent in collecting taxes, per google anyway 2- I never said I couldn't have done more, what I said was for all that I did do - it is crazy that I couldn't finish in the top 1500 and 3 - you used a crap ton of resources if you missed a day and finished that way, which is exactly what I as saying.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I finished 203 or something.... I have over 400 packs to open for boosts, and over 300 shuttle tokens yet. Plus a couple hundred 3hr doublers yet. I logged in every 1.5 or 3 hrs during the day for 4 shuttles, and sent 16 at night. (3 and 9 hr were all doubles). I had no issue and frankly little effort to place where I did. Was pondering a push into the top 100 but didn't want to use that many extra tokens. 48 used during the event.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • edited August 2021
    What I found frustrating about this weekends event was my Sunday morning three hour shuttle took four hours to return.

This ruined the event for me as I was at various engagements throughout the day where I would not have access to my phone. If it had been three hours I would have been able to send out subsequent shuttles through the day. The company have been silent on this point despite others having experienced it too.
  • edited August 2021
    Cartman, Byloband. I don't know if your replies were to my post as they came subsequently and you haven't quoted another post.

If they aren't I apologise.

If they are. I've been playing since day one. I'm a level 99 player who has seen it all and knows how to compete. I don't need anyone to tell me how to su€k eggs. In the years playing this game I have never experienced a four hour shuttle - I do plan but I cannot plan for that. 😀
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've started aiming for ~1000 if I want the Legendary. There have been more than a few times I've been hovering around that and then taken a steep plunge near the end.

For Galaxy and Skirmish events I can churn through to maintain my rank if needed, but that's not so easy for Factions.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    OsirisSonOfGeb, I was really aiming my comment at the thread starter, and talking in general.

• OsirisSonOfGeb, I was really aiming my comment at the thread starter, and talking in general.

No problem mate. I got confused. 🙂
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArchieS , my fleets have some f2p captains. We have some tricks for getting in the top 1,500 without spending. Fleets are a huge help in this regard. If your fleet isn't cutting it, then there's fleets who would love a good, motivated player. Feel free to message me if you're interested.
    Farewell 🖖
  • I think that as it has been mentioned, the rankings from 1400 - 1600 are prone to some big changes in the final hours of an event. Like others have said, it is best to aim for a much lower rank if you really care about getting the legendary.

On a side note, I flagged/reported @Tribble on Lorca's desk [10FH] for the flagrant poaching attempt. I think that it goes without saying that poaching attempts such as this are a low blow, and for me at least, a pretty good indication that the fleet "10FH" does not have a very honorable approach to player acquisition. Lets keep it a bit more above board, please.
  • SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that as it has been mentioned, the rankings from 1400 - 1600 are prone to some big changes in the final hours of an event. Like others have said, it is best to aim for a much lower rank if you really care about getting the legendary.

On a side note, I flagged/reported @Tribble on Lorca's desk [10FH] for the flagrant poaching attempt. I think that it goes without saying that poaching attempts such as this are a low blow, and for me at least, a pretty good indication that the fleet "10FH" does not have a very honorable approach to player acquisition. Lets keep it a bit more above board, please.

What exactly are you flagging? The post Lorca made to ArchieS about 10FH Fleet? If that offends you and is the item flagged, I must be missing something…

“A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the rewards were adjusted, and placing 750 or better nets two copies of the legendary, that's generally been my new target. (And to give myself some padding, I aim for 500).

Basically, if I really want a crew it's worth the extra effort to get a second star . . . and if I fall a little short at least I still have one copy. And since I'm not trying to hit 1500 every weekend, I'm not wearing myself down, or my stores.

It's funny, that change to the rewards table had a substantial impact on how I play the game, and I've enjoyed it more since. :)

It's almost like that was the point.
  • Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel your pain, OP.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!