Home The Bridge
Options

Can we please get a new splash screen/app icon?

The title says it all! We’ve had this one for so long, I miss the regular changes, just made things a little more interesting. Others could argue it’s not a problem and just focus on other aspects of gameplay but i’d enjoy some variety :wink::smiley:
“What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
Captain Level 99
Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    The App icon is the least of all current game issues i m concerned of. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sure would have been cool for all the Tribbled crew to be in the splash screen this month. I would like the current faction event startup issue to be solved first, but since I don't confuse the artists with the programmers, I understand that this can be worked on concurrently. 🤗

Maybe next month they can work on the Ceritos. And getting the Lower Decks crew added while the new episodes air. :)

P.S. I did a poll 6 months ago and the splash screen was like 6 months old back then. We're overdue.

Lower Decks definitely hit the ground running for Season Two!
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I think they need to prioritise event start problems before splash screens.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

s518juquh9qk.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure the artists have nothing to do with event starts.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Thanks for being one of the only ones to agree with me Lorca! :lol:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    I think in my unbiased opinion the new splash screen should be Greek themed with Platonian Kirk and Chekov, Grecian Carolyn Palamas, and perhaps a fourth one, APOLLO!

I detect no bias and support this, provided there be a Tribble "Easter Egg" in the art.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    While nice, there are other issues I’d rather they focus their collective energies on.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Thanks for being one of the only ones to agree with me Lorca! :lol:

I'm grumpy about the event startup issues, but I don't need to drag it into other threads. 🤗

Besides... I brought it up in February here. It was one of my questions for Ben on Timelines Talks. So here I am again. I don't want to overwork the artists and make quality suffer elsewhere, but this seems like a cool side project for when you need a break.

Same here! and exactly like you said, artists don’t have anything to do with event startup issues :smiley:

Captain Level 99

• Options
    KPan [ISA]KPan [ISA] ✭✭✭✭
    I would like something to do in the game from Monday at noon to Thursday at noon. Splash screen is low on my list. Well, not on my list at all actually. Lol
    But I did enjoy the splash screen changes too. (That was not my way of saying it should be a priority WRG...)
  • Options
    The title says it all! We’ve had this one for so long, I miss the regular changes, just made things a little more interesting. Others could argue it’s not a problem and just focus on other aspects of gameplay but i’d enjoy some variety :wink::smiley:

I'm with you, TP. :) I'd like a new one but I'd also like to see them cycle through all the previous splash screens. I can't remember what the very first one looked like, so that could be a fun bit of nostalgia.

Yes, obviously there are more pressing issues to fix. Yes, absolutely they should be spending their time on actual gameplay and bug hunts. But you know your game has become a little stale when we're dreaming about new splash screens. Anything for a bit of variety.
    "There are two types of beings in the universe - those who dance, and those who do not."
  • Options

Thanks for pulling me up on that. In my defence, I have zero knowledge of the internal staffing structure at TP (and I'm not sure lack of knowledge is even a defence)

If the startup screen needs a refresh my vote goes towards the planet Edo with the Enterprise D and the 'god-thing' in orbit.
  • Options

Thanks for pulling me up on that. In my defence, I have zero knowledge of the internal staffing structure at TP (and I'm not sure lack of knowledge is even a defence)

If the startup screen needs a refresh my vote goes towards the planet Edo with the Enterprise D and the 'god-thing' in orbit.

Despite all of those half-naked Edosians making out, "Justice" was an awful episode though...
  • Options
    ALeeRocks wrote: »

Despite all of those half-naked Edosians making out, "Justice" was an awful episode though...

It was one of the few Wesley episodes where he didn't save the day. Let @[CH] OsirisSonOfGeb have this. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Anytime WRG wants to make the splash screen art of Deep Space Nine, they can count on my enthusiastic support.

Preferably with wormhole. :)
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anytime WRG wants to make the splash screen art of Deep Space Nine, they can count on my enthusiastic support.

And Sikso looking bada**
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »

And Sikso looking bada**

Unless he's doing the Allamaraine, it's a given that's how Sisko would look.
  • Options
    cmdrworf wrote: »

And Sikso looking bada**

Unless he's doing the Allamaraine, it's a given that's how Sisko would look.

Thanks, I needed that stuck in my head right before bed. :D
    Farewell 🖖