Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy Event Notes - For Charity (Flashback) - 2021-09-02

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Platonic Spock!!!!!

That next week might be cool.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why isn’t the new Spock costumed?
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Platonian Chekov is and Platonian Kirk is not. This does seem to be inconsistent.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Platonian Chekov is and Platonian Kirk is not. This does seem to be inconsistent.

Make em all costumed, they are clearly wearing costumes.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Spock compared to all other Legendary Spock versions. All stats unboosted.
    2nd best overall Spock, if u go by voyages score.
    pcro2xf39yhp.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    pcro2xf39yhp.jpeg

Vulcan's with DIP primary are uncommon, if you're looking for that bonus AM on a voyage. That one has burned me more than once.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    pcro2xf39yhp.jpeg

Vulcan's with DIP primary are uncommon, if you're looking for that bonus AM on a voyage. That one has burned me more than once.

Also good is his sec tertiary. My best that is dip-sci-sec is Evolved Janeway.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    My apologies if this is off topic. Along the same lines of whether Platonian Kirk and Spock should be costumed or not, why is Dancing Uhura considered a timelines original? She's wearing the same dress Uhura wears in Plato's Stepchildren when the Platonians beam her down and force her and Kirk to kiss ?
  • Options
    Another Quark? On the plus side I missed Bashir the first time around so i’m happy :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    SILIK wrote: »
    My apologies if this is off topic. Along the same lines of whether Platonian Kirk and Spock should be costumed or not, why is Dancing Uhura considered a timelines original? She's wearing the same dress Uhura wears in Plato's Stepchildren when the Platonians beam her down and force her and Kirk to kiss ?

This is something you do not want to do on forum. The company has removed traits from crew when asked about why a specific crew person has a trait and then the person who asked the question was blamed for pointing it out.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Another Quark? On the plus side I missed Bashir the first time around so i’m happy :smiley:

That's part of the reason a Quark is in the rewards for the upcoming skirmish. So that the reward this week will be small bonus crew next week.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭

I never cared for that episode, so I haven’t rewatched it in years (decades?), but I was under the impression that she doesn’t dance in it, hence an “original” depiction. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. (Or alternatively, everyone ignore my comment if we’re concerned about starting something, as Apollo noted.)
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭

I never cared for that episode, so I haven’t rewatched it in years (decades?), but I was under the impression that she doesn’t dance in it, hence an “original” depiction. Someone correct me if I’m wrong. (Or alternatively, everyone ignore my comment if we’re concerned about starting something, as Apollo noted.)

My apologies to you and Apollo. I just happened to recently see an image from the episode with her wearing the same costume as the crew and was confused. I'm not up on all the unwritten rules so return to lurking. Thank you both for your kind replies.
  • Options

My apologies to you and Apollo. I just happened to recently see an image from the episode with her wearing the same costume as the crew and was confused. I'm not up on all the unwritten rules so return to lurking. Thank you both for your kind replies.

No worries. I wasn’t upset, just giving you a fair warning. Forum can turn on its own quick and I didn’t want that to happen to you.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

Let us know if you find those rules. 🖖
    I wish you much luck.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, by no means return to lurking! This place can use some new voices. Who knows? Your perspective on an issue might even help settle a dispute. You asked a question that a lot of us asked when Dancing Uhura was released, well before your time here.

Just for a history lesson: Believe it or not, but there was once a fairly large, vocal contingent of forum members who opposed the very idea of Timelines' Originals. Contentious threads abounded whenever one was introduced. It didn't help that the first impression made was 23rd Century Martok, whose artwork was... Well, it wasn't what it is today. (Secondary history lesson: Martok was one of three crew whose artwork was so heavily criticized on the forum that it was later replaced. The other two were Blood Oath Jadzia Dax and Commander Tomalak.)

I'll just drop it here

0k2bsp7081pq.png
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I have both SR already :( Will probably go at 350K and stop.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Peets wrote: »
    I have both SR already :( Will probably go at 350K and stop.

Lots of players are in the same boat, so competition actually might be lighter in this galaxy event, for at least two reasons:

1. Lack of chronitons following a skirmish; and
    2. Lack of enthusiasm for the ranked 5* (doubtful, since it’s Spock).

I will go to 350k & check my rank, then push on to 400k & check it again. That will give me a gauge to go by, in re: pushing onward.

YMMV 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Competition will be harder as usual, just because of: SPOCK! 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Yeah, a Flashback that uses Chronies right after a Skirmish that used all our Chronies? Pushes people away.

Spock in a toga from a groundbreaking episode of TOS?

People are back in.

This could go either way, but I'ma say Spock is gonna win and it is going to be competitive.

EDIT: I know Greeks didn't actually wear togas, but y'all know what I mean!

md2hys13e248.gif
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Technically, it's called a chiton. OCD and a classics degree is a terrible thing. :D
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Yeah, a Flashback that uses Chronies right after a Skirmish that used all our Chronies? Pushes people away.

Spock in a toga from a groundbreaking episode of TOS?

People are back in.

This could go either way, but I'ma say Spock is gonna win and it is going to be competitive.

EDIT: I know Greeks didn't actually wear togas, but y'all know what I mean!

md2hys13e248.gif

https://youtu.be/TbF29c_FpV8
    🖖
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    7e47t93v2jwd.jpeg

RIP costumed on Platonian Chekov. It is much better to ask for a trait to be added to a crew without bringing up other crew. All bringing up traits of other crew that do have that a trait that the card you want doesn’t have is get a trait removed from the card that does. Not cool WRG Ben. At least add a new trait to Platonian Chekov because without costumed his card takes a big hit.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    7e47t93v2jwd.jpeg

RIP costumed on Platonian Chekov. It is much better to ask for a trait to be added to a crew without bringing up other crew. All bringing up traits of other crew that do have that a trait that the card you want doesn’t have is get a trait removed from the card that does. Not cool WRG Ben. At least add a new trait to Platonian Chekov because without costumed his card takes a big hit.

It is always tricky dealing with traits :/
    Could you elaborate on why this creates a big hit for this card?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    7e47t93v2jwd.jpeg

It is always tricky dealing with traits :/
    Could you elaborate on why this creates a big hit for this card?

He is a good voyager but he has few traits. Removing costumed makes him less likely to get antimatter bonus. Costumed is also a very hard collection to complete. I got Chekov and cited him up for his voyage and collections. Both now have taken a hit. I was really excited when I got him from an elusive treasures pack but now am bummed. Could he at least be given another trait that could be useful in voyages and collection? Something like inspiring? Or if you don’t want to mess with collections, tactician would be a good added trait. Platonian Chekov is going to be in the sale soon for his birthday. Seems like removing costumed without replacing it with something else is just going to cost you sales as he has lost value.

Thank you!
  • Options
    Unless there is some resolution on this issue I will not be playing this event. I do not want this Spock since it cost my Chekov.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Is there a loading issue again? I get nothing but white screen