Home The Bridge
Options

Tribble Phlox art issue

NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2021 in The Bridge
Has anyone looked at his art on a light background? Parts of his hair are transparent/missing.

unknown.png

On a dark background? A beauty. Here's the top half of a 4x AI upscaled version because I cannot find high quality originals.
unknown.png

Comments

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expected this thread to be about dissatisfaction. There have been quite a few of those over the years, after all. I couldn't think of what anyone would find to be an issue with it. So kudos for a rare example of constructive clickbait!

As for your question, I hadn't seen the art against any other background until just now. It almost looks to me like the significant gap on his left side isn't shading but rather negative space, which would explain why it's white against the white background and gray against the gray background. But upon much closer examination, it does appear to be a different shade of gray than the background. So... I dunno what's going on. I'm curious, though!
  • Options
    I noticed it when I looked at him in the cryo vault. good eye!
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Nothing nice to say? Don't post, it is that simple. ~Shan
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

The hell...?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

The hell...?

Yeah, I must have missed something there, as I have been known to do. I think you’re cool on this one, though, Travis.

Side point: Why do these always happen on the weekends? Speaking only for myself, it’s usually the whiskey talking. I should examine that in my mirror. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021

The hell...?

I’m with you Travis, don’t know where they are coming from.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    My guess would be the yellow/blue highlights were drawn on a separate layer, and the artist was working with a darker background (to match the game) and neglected to go back to the layer with the hair and smudge it a bit to be flush with the highlights. I’m just happy to see the proportions are spot on. Art like Platonian Chekov drives me nuts.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »

The hell...?

I missed the comments, but it feels like it's time to tighten the rules around anonymous accounts. You shouldn't be able to comment at all until you've changed your name. Forcing these trolls to put a name to their account would go a long way towards eliminating them.

What makes it for a difference if someone posts with their Game DB ID as Nick
    or sets up a random Forum nick? Does it prevent him/her from posting annoying stuff? Don t think so. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Regardless of any potential forum rule changes there is one thing we can all do to address this "Guest" issue proactively...

...when you scroll through a thread reading comments and see a comment from somebody named "guest_...." do not read it, scroll passed it, and continue on your way. This is what I do and I encourage everyone to stop feeding the "Guests" with replies, this is the fuel they crave.

"Guests", if you want the community to value your words, value our time and show us you have skin in the game.

One of the games I play assigns a random name Like User-0484272672828 when people start playing. Almost every Alliance when someone joins an Alliance has a requirement that anyone who has not changed that does so, or they are kicked from the Alliance. As has been said, there really is no way to enforce someone using a REAL name. But, changing from the default does encourage engagement.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Side note: requiring that members choose a name before commenting is not something I can do, and at the end of the day it is not as important as how one decides to behave.

As I've said before we can all play a part in what we want this space to be :)
    < whispers: this includes not quoting a comment that will need to be moderated ;) >

For the art: I doubt that it is something that is likely to get corrected but I kept a note of it.

Thanx for your quick action, Shan.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2021
    Shan wrote: »
    For the art: I doubt that it is something that is likely to get corrected but I kept a note of it.

This is disappointing to me as the card could have been one of my top favorites in recent months. I've also just found out he lost his federation trait post launch (yet not starfleet?)
  • Options
    On another note, does anyone else think that Tribble Phlox has "WTF are you talking about" face? (Not a criticism, I'm actually amused by it)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hermdelica
    Nice catch. For sure.