Tribble Quibbles Mega-Event: feedback thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    +1
    Trollita wrote: »
    I’m coming in late on this thread. I have to say I agree with pretty much everything that’s been posted. I wanted to contribute to place emphasis on what was to me the major letdown on this event: Tribble Quark.

Please do not recycle a “free” 5* crew from a prior mega event ever again. Adding Tribble Quark was incredibly unfair to the players who spent money on recaps from the prior event to finish him. I imagine some players who spent 50k honor on a citation felt tricked, too.

And Quark wasn’t dumped in once. He was dumped in TWICE. Not everybody has the time or resources to rank in an event. The one week Chekov was available his odds were split 50/50 with a leftover Quark. That should NEVER happen. Please never EVER do that again. You’re getting no complaints about that because the stats were awful. If Chekov had been a powerful crew I promise you there would have been pitchforks and torches. Then of course for recap packs the odds for getting Chekov were as diluted as the rest of the event crew, and few were pleased to see Quark appear there.

Please, do not do this again. You guys only update the portal once a year or so. Players typically have that one window of opportunity for mega event crew before a very long wait.

If you have some money person twisting their mustache thinking adding old crew is a great way to water down the odds to increase player gambling, please be sure to tell that person I spent no money on the recaps because Quark was added.

w2hpndir2wbl.png
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I suppose I'm in the minority, but the Tribble Quark thing worked out for me. I didn't cite him, and got him in a recap pack, so I was quite happy.
  • Options
    I appreciate the solicitation for feedback. I think my biggest issue was even if I wanted to compete hard, whale out and spend some of my dil hoard, I couldn’t have completed the collection since I’m missing the agents and darvin. It would have been nice if there was a makeup six pack with them in it, before the end of the mega, now that their value has increased. Since I couldn’t finish the collection, I took it way easy and then didn’t buy any recaps. Statistically other than Sulu (who I did go for and cited), the cards were weak. For someone who doesn’t love TOS and who couldn’t complete the collection anyway, it was a bad mega IMO. I did think the story was fun and love hearing how others enjoyed it but it was one of the worst for me, based on a lack of redeeming qualities, some subjective some objective. Finally, on Quark, I actually have a dupe from his mega’s recaps so while I hated the inclusion in this mega’s recaps, he wasn’t a personal barrier to pulling.
  • Options
    I enjoyed this mega event, my only quibble would be there was no hybrid event during the mega.
    I would love to see a mega event where all events are hybrid events.
    Faction/galaxy faction/skirmish faction/expedition another faction/skirmish.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hijacking this to discuss the Fantasy Planet Mega

5*:
    Q - Not an Innovator
    Straal - Innovator
    Kal'Hyah Sisko - Not an Innovator
    Holo-Engineer Zimmerman - Innovator

4*:
    Fifth Dimension Invader - Not an Innovator
    Iden - Not an Innovator

TBD:
    First Contact Barclay
    Rurigan
    Brother Rom

Sigh...
    2/6 on Innovators so far. The last mega was so promising. Hopefully the final 2 4* crew will be innovators.