Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event - Health Insurance - 2021-09-09

Comments

• Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Shan! I love that we are getting Mint Julep McCoy and Captain Burnham, but I have to ask... is Captain Burnham having the Augments trait and not her usual Xenoarchaeology trait an error and oversight?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Shan! I love that we are getting Mint Julep McCoy and Captain Burnham, but I have to ask... is Captain Burnham having the Augments trait and not her usual Xenoarchaeology trait an error and oversight?

Sounds like an error, I will report it!
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »

Sounds like an error, I will report it!

Shucks, you're the best.
  • Options
    Should have said Xenoanthropology, sorry.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should have said Xenoanthropology, sorry.

It is ok, I double checked mainly so I could copy/paste it easily because hard word is hard ^^
  • Options
    5pg6bawc3gpz.png

Looks more like a Bloody Mary than a Julep, but great addition, either way!
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see their stats on these announcements. Are they worth it?
  • Options
    McCoy is a +1 Physician and +1 immortal if you aren't at 600 immortal yet. McCoy is also prone to get events recently, it seems.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Shan is the base stats of skill 2 correct? Think it‘s a first for an legendary that bases of skill 1 and 2 are almost 500 points apart.

Another unusual thing for the 1/5 stats, Skill 2 and Skill 3 are almost even.
    Maybe another indicator that base of Skill 2 is too low by accident?

bz2zhxaoq27s.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the Burnham but her stats are really bad. Wish we would stop getting these poor voyagers released.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea wardrobe was so bad in season 3.

3ctitocwy23d.jpg
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    I’m as big of a TOS fan as the next Trekkie, but we just got a new Bones and a new Spock a couple weeks ago, seems too soon to get two more new ones IMO🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    UluruUluru ✭✭✭
    Cool, with the Mccoy I can finish the physican collection
  • Options
    I think I'll take this one off.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    FF_Founder wrote: »
    5pg6bawc3gpz.png

At first I thought it was a tinted glass, but you can see at the top the glass is clear. Mint Juleps are usually clear to shades of yellow or yellow/green. Unless it is a Blackberry or Strawberry one. And, a Southron gentleman would only drink a Mint Julep Mint Julep. Not the trendy ones.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan is the base stats of skill 2 correct? Think it‘s a first for an legendary that bases of skill 1 and 2 are almost 500 points apart.

Just a note about the part of your comment that I bolded... during the skirmish, I leveled up The Professor. His base stats for skills 2 and 3 are almost identical at 1/5, but he gets some separation as his fusion levels increase. It's obviously not the norm, but also not without precedent. (Of course, the Prof is a really old card, so read into that what you will.)
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

bz2zhxaoq27s.jpeg

These stats seem a bit fishy. They could be right, but it doesn’t seem in keeping with TP’s general operating strategy in recent months. As it stands, this card isn’t even good.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had no idea wardrobe was so bad in season 3.

3ctitocwy23d.jpg

Um, the Voyager Season Four "Killing Game" crew is throwing me off. What did I miss?
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    I think @Prime Lorca [10FH] is comparing the grey outfits on both Burnham and Karr and implying they are the same.
    Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options
    KatlaKatla ✭✭✭
    5pg6bawc3gpz.png

At first I thought it was a tinted glass, but you can see at the top the glass is clear. Mint Juleps are usually clear to shades of yellow or yellow/green. Unless it is a Blackberry or Strawberry one. And, a Southron gentleman would only drink a Mint Julep Mint Julep. Not the trendy ones.

Are you thinking of peppermint schnapps?
    Juleps are made with bourbon.
  • Options
    @Steph loves Voyager @Prime Lorca [10FH] Grey is a popular color for military uniforms. The US Navy even had a short-lived grey uniform during WWII. I have two pair of Med. Dept. Shoulder boards in my militaria collection in the grey scheme.
    Starfleet has used grey before. Wesley's cadet uniform was grey. DS9 and 3 TNG movies used the grey shoulder uniform. There was a grey TMP uniform. Disco has just pulled it out again.

@DScottHewitt I agree. That doesn't look too much like a julep. I'm a horse racing fan less than two hours from Churchill Downs and some of my ancestors came from Bourbon County, Kentucky. I even collect Derby glasses, though I don't drink. (Other than taking wine occasionally at communion. Sometimes, they are out of grape juice when they get to me in the back A/V table.)
    Well aged bourbon would give it a nice pale amber color with a tinge of green if a lot of mint was chopped up in it. Those don't look like mint leaves or stem either. That looks like a celery stalk to me. It has a wide stem and fine leaves. Mint is wider with a fine stem. Plus, where is the ice?
    I went digging. When McCoy makes his julep in "This Side of Paradise", he makes a "Georgia-style" julep. That calls for, sacrilege, cognac or peach brandy in place of the bourbon. It would make it darker, but not orange. Is this from that episode? Because it looked lighter and had lemon in it there. I'll have to rewatch if someone doesn't beat me to it.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katla wrote: »
    5pg6bawc3gpz.png

Are you thinking of peppermint schnapps?
    Juleps are made with bourbon.

Oh, there are people now who drink "trendy" Mint Juleps with various kinds of berries.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Steph loves Voyager @Prime Lorca [10FH] Grey is a popular color for military uniforms. The US Navy even had a short-lived grey uniform during WWII. I have two pair of Med. Dept. Shoulder boards in my militaria collection in the grey scheme.
    Starfleet has used grey before. Wesley's cadet uniform was grey. DS9 and 3 TNG movies used the grey shoulder uniform. There was a grey TMP uniform. Disco has just pulled it out again.

Looks familiar

9moeia737vc9.jpg

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, the trailer for Discovery season 4 shows a significant improvement to the colour scheme of the uniforms.

Putting in spoilers in case anyone really doesn't want to see it.
    me1gu95kj4d1.png
  • Options
    I think @Prime Lorca [10FH] is comparing the grey outfits on both Burnham and Karr and implying they are the same.

Indeed, they look way too similar to me. The boots, the cut, the shoulder thingies... 32nd century Starfleet looks way too much like early 1940's German military. The picture @robownage posted looks better, but they kept the shoulder thingies and I can't see if they still have the boots. I think Gene Roddenberry made sure Starfleet didn't look like traditional military for a reason.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    From trailer (bad res)

Some times they look like soldiers
    2ag00tx5vtht.jpg

And they wear something like sneakers
    ig4zmk8gei05.jpg

PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    The sneakers make a huge difference.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    They remind me of an USMC dress blue uniform (the collar), but in grey with an asymmetrical hem line. I would guess the boots and breeches are the more formal "Class A" and the shoes more duty uniform. The more militaristic shift probably ties in with the somewhat dystopian storyline. The German comment on the color isn't really accurate (see below). It is really more in line with CSA dress uniforms. The color, vertical stripe, cut, and breeches and boots seals it for me.
    xaleeylncb5g.png <General Pettegrew's
    Fun fact- German Feldgrau uniforms have a distinct greenish color that doesn't photograph well. It's a sage tone. In person, it is clear and the model paints out there capture it well. The German "grey" isn't really. You always mix green in the shadows and highlights when you paint them.
    https://www.colorhexa.com/4d5d53
  • Options
    I find the uneven bottom to be irritating