Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Faction Event - Health Insurance - 2021-09-09

2»

Comments

• Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Steph loves Voyager @Prime Lorca [10FH] Grey is a popular color for military uniforms. The US Navy even had a short-lived grey uniform during WWII. I have two pair of Med. Dept. Shoulder boards in my militaria collection in the grey scheme.
    Starfleet has used grey before. Wesley's cadet uniform was grey. DS9 and 3 TNG movies used the grey shoulder uniform. There was a grey TMP uniform. Disco has just pulled it out again.

@DScottHewitt I agree. That doesn't look too much like a julep. I'm a horse racing fan less than two hours from Churchill Downs and some of my ancestors came from Bourbon County, Kentucky. I even collect Derby glasses, though I don't drink. (Other than taking wine occasionally at communion. Sometimes, they are out of grape juice when they get to me in the back A/V table.)
    Well aged bourbon would give it a nice pale amber color with a tinge of green if a lot of mint was chopped up in it. Those don't look like mint leaves or stem either. That looks like a celery stalk to me. It has a wide stem and fine leaves. Mint is wider with a fine stem. Plus, where is the ice?
    I went digging. When McCoy makes his julep in "This Side of Paradise", he makes a "Georgia-style" julep. That calls for, sacrilege, cognac or peach brandy in place of the bourbon. It would make it darker, but not orange. Is this from that episode? Because it looked lighter and had lemon in it there. I'll have to rewatch if someone doesn't beat me to it.

I was born in Lexington and have lived in the Commonwealth the vast majority of my life, so I scrunched my face in displeasure the moment I saw that glass. 😀

Out of curiosity, though, I did an interwebs search and they got the original prop exactly right!

Irving A. Feinberg may have been a genius with salt shakers, but he got this glass completely wrong back in ‘66...
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    FF_Founder wrote: »
    5pg6bawc3gpz.png

Looks more like a Bloody Mary than a Julep, but great addition, either way!

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Mint_julep

Memory alpha says it was Georgia style.
    I guess that is with brandy and peach brandy. That would explain the color.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan is the base stats of skill 2 correct? Think it‘s a first for an legendary that bases of skill 1 and 2 are almost 500 points apart.

Another unusual thing for the 1/5 stats, Skill 2 and Skill 3 are almost even.
    Maybe another indicator that base of Skill 2 is too low by accident?

bz2zhxaoq27s.jpeg

I asked about this and the stats are as intended.
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    Shan is the base stats of skill 2 correct? Think it‘s a first for an legendary that bases of skill 1 and 2 are almost 500 points apart.

Another unusual thing for the 1/5 stats, Skill 2 and Skill 3 are almost even.
    Maybe another indicator that base of Skill 2 is too low by accident?

bz2zhxaoq27s.jpeg

I asked about this and the stats are as intended.

Too bad. 😣☹️ Thank you anyway. 👍🏻
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    New Bones is missing Exobiology…
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    I must say I found it quite amusing how Bones needed the Mint Julep every single level up from 10-100!! I enjoy Easter Eggs and fun things while leveling up crew :smiley:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's nice to have RSK Spock

fpjivfljf40x.png
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    It's nice to have RSK Spock

fpjivfljf40x.png

Having 2 copies of Gladiator Spock is working out nicely.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Kirk and Spock is good. I find Gladiator Spock fills my needs more. Usually Torpedo McCoy gets on shuttles, but so does EV Suit Spock. But I have a lot of Spocks. If I were doing more than threshold this event, I would probably do well. Instead, I am just doing the first four missions that pop up.
    l23k59jsndbf.jpg
    g8kqybetsht1.jpg
    n0unlsk3iw7a.jpg
    szgg40hlfz7a.jpg
    rxg091qe3pae.jpg
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    EnderW wrote: »
    Are we sure this isn’t Moscow Mule McCoy, given all the 3* polyalloy that’s in his equipment build, particularly his drink? Honestly, I’m a little worried about the heavy metal count in his bloodstream. What was that, 50 3* polyalloy? :|

I got a kick about all the alcohol that is needed. I think what you are saying is each 2* Mint julep needed 3 1*polyalloy. Besides the alcohol.

Edit: okay I am wrong. I just did not notice that the 3* mint julep needed 4 3* Poly alloy. Gosh nothing seems to match my memory on the build for Mint julep. The 2* mint julep needs 2 1* Synthesized Polymer. But, I got the fact, they needed a lot of alcohol, right 😉 I must have drunk one of these 5* Mint Julep, or let me rephrase that as sipped or even just smelled it😉
  • Options
    Grrr. Another worthless behold from threshold. No motivation for next event, TP. No motivation to spend any money either (maybe this is a good thing?)isfs3utqut4i.png
  • Options
    Grrr. Another worthless behold from threshold. No motivation for next event, TP. No motivation to spend any money either (maybe this is a good thing?)isfs3utqut4i.png

Probably a good thing. I stopped spending (though I may occasionally get the campaign if it is someone I really want) and I don't regret it at all.

However, a fully fused 4* behold is exceptionally common once you reach a certain stage. I am pleased if I get a useful 4* once in four times. It is usually less.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably a good thing. I stopped spending (though I may occasionally get the campaign if it is someone I really want) and I don't regret it at all.

However, a fully fused 4* behold is exceptionally common once you reach a certain stage. I am pleased if I get a useful 4* once in four times. It is usually less.

Yup, I try to tell myself it's 200 honour, and sometimes I'm lucky to get more.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Yup, I try to tell myself it's 200 honour, and sometimes I'm lucky to get more.

At this point, I would rather just convert the merits to honor & hope for luck. I know the math is bad, but so is the game for me right now. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options

I just got what is probably my worst ever 350K pull.
    ad1ngzjh8xb7.jpg

Not that I expect better, but this was particularly bad. Oh, well. You only live twice, after all.