Home The Bridge

New client.

Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in The Bridge
I see we have a new version of the client, with some new tribbles being introduced.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18526/star-trek-day-our-next-update-and-more#latest
We’ll also be testing the following changes on some players:
_ Purchases folder: the folder will show an animation of the Dabo Wheel to indicate that Dabo has reset. The animation will disappear once the wheel is spun once.
_ Voyage: making this feature accessible directly from the main interface

The voyage improvement looks excellent to me.
- Bug fixes:
_ fixed an issue where the Get Menu would incorrectly show missions for items that were already claimed as Rare Rewards
_ inventory selection will no longer reset after dematerializing a polestar
_ ending a Cadet Challenge will bring you back to the Cadet Challenge panel instead of the main interface

All good, the top one should save some angst.
- Improvements and features:
_ Fleets: a new filter will be provided to show fleet dailies completion status for all fleet members
_ The Get Menu will show when an item is also available in a faction store
_ The Replicator panel will show how many replicator uses you have remaining for that day
_ Collection information will be displayed in the crew details popup and in the crew details
You will be able to see which collections the current crew is in, your current owned and immortalized progress to the next milestone

All good here. Top one especially asked for.
_ Beholds will be more diverse, in the future you may see mixed rarity crew beholds. And maybe some schematics.
_ Objective events are coming! Sharing some similarities with temporary achievements, these mid-week solo objective based events will be part of the Event Hub, and will allow you to complete tasks for various rewards. We’re hoping to release the first one at the end of October. We will share more information on this in due time.

Beholds does not look brilliant, but I guess wait and see.

Objectives is something that has been asked for by some players, and wait and see.
- A Friar Data Tuck constellation was purchased for 9,353,693 ISM. This is puzzling WRG_Ben, and it threw off all of his charts! He will recover.

Simply a player transferring ISM between accounts. It was to be expected.

Comments

• JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Collection info was the next logical step to display after adding the 1/X and X/X stats. Good stuff.

How many replicator uses remaining is a small, but very useful addition. I usually forget and then just replicate something at the end of the day like medical experiments until it tells me no.

The mid-week objective events sounds a lot like a previous suggestion of mine. That sounds like a great addition if it will work out like I hope. One possible example would be during a mega having a high level item from the recurring crew as the reward for completing all parts each week with other components or faction items along the way that would be useful to other crew.

I'll hold my opinion on the behold change until I see it.

The fleet dailies completion status will be....interesting. Some people will get put on notice. Get your popcorn ready for fleet drama.
  • KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm trying really hard not to panic at the idea of schematics in a behold. At least I hope this is a new kind of behold, and the regular legendary and SR beholds reamin the same...

Otherwise, I'm assuming there will be just one kind of behold, replacing the old ones, and hopefully will have more than 3 choices to compensate the popssibility of one of those choices beeing an schematic (I really don't value schematics that much)
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't trust this behold change. But maybe it would be better. Probably not. But I suppose I should try to be positive. But if we now have a behold come up with a 4*, a 3*, and a useless schematic, it will not be better.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    I'm trying really hard not to panic at the idea of schematics in a behold. At least I hope this is a new kind of behold, and the regular legendary and SR beholds reamin the same...

Otherwise, I'm assuming there will be just one kind of behold, replacing the old ones, and hopefully will have more than 3 choices to compensate the popssibility of one of those choices beeing an schematic (I really don't value schematics that much)

Ben said it wouldn't be changing the regular portals, but would be for special packs. I hope it's a way for more varied birthday packs or other things like that where they want to give a combination of options. Although I don't know who would ever choose schematics over a crew.
  • CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

Ben said it wouldn't be changing the regular portals, but would be for special packs. I hope it's a way for more varied birthday packs or other things like that where they want to give a combination of options. Although I don't know who would ever choose schematics over a crew.

Thanks. Do you happen to have a rough timestamp for that? I couldn't readily find it in the video.

The way it was described in the message has caused some consternation.
  • JimBerlin wrote: »
    The fleet dailies completion status will be....interesting. Some people will get put on notice. Get your popcorn ready for fleet drama.

Can t wait for, finally a 100% safe option to notice the slackers and freeloaders.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    So again no trait matching selection for voyages (including the ship) and gauntlet.

No ability to have a sort of crew by fusion level.

And probably impossible the way it is designed, but no sort of skills that include the frozen in Cryo.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    So again no trait matching selection for voyages (including the ship) and gauntlet.

And probably impossible the way it is designed, but no sort of skills that include the frozen in Cryo.

Um, I thought the Default Sort option in the Crew Quarters already did this, kind of, after favorites & equippable. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

Rare or SR crew I have immortalized vs Negh'var schematics, I'll take Negh'var schematics.
    Farewell 🖖
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

Rare or SR crew I have immortalized vs Negh'var schematics, I'll take Negh'var schematics.

Honestly, I'm super down for schematic beholds. There are a tonne of ships these days, and I would love the option to power up a ship rather than accumulate more replicator rations.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Honestly, I'm super down for schematic beholds. There are a tonne of ships these days, and I would love the option to power up a ship rather than accumulate more replicator rations.

That's a good point. Doing a schematic behold with 3 choices in a premium drop would be an improvement over a straight drop. Even without mixing in crew options.

This. Schematic Drops being Beholds? Okay. Having the option of two FF Crew OR a Scheme set? Not okay.

"The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Um, I thought the Default Sort option in the Crew Quarters already did this, kind of, after favorites & equippable. 🖖

No it does not. My 3rd account I have to go through to see which crew are fully fused so I can heart them so I know who I can immortalize if I fully level them. It is a pain, the order in default is by hearted being listed first then the rest,

The order of these is by how many things can be done. 1 for each item that can be made ( or already made) and then equipped and 1 more if they can be fused to one level higher.

Edit: if you have a citation for a certain rarity, all crew of that rarity that are not fully fused have the ability to fuse to one level higher, thus be listed higher then fully fused crew (assuming no equipable equipment difference)

After hearted and equppable the crew are listed by level not fused level.
    The reason you do not realize this is that your crew are fully leveled.
    Or more likely only a few are not fully leveled.
  • - Improvements and features:
    _ Fleets: a new filter will be provided to show fleet dailies completion status for all fleet members

This one is great for every admiral and officer who's dealing with fleet management! :smiley:
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ikrit wrote: »
    I only like the behold change if it means we can see a 5* in a 4* behold. If they do the opposite, then it is a stupid change.

This being a Star Trek game I choose to be optimistic and assume we’ll get 3* beholds which have a chance to drop a 4/5* or schematics.

VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

No it does not. My 3rd account I have to go through to see which crew are fully fused so I can heart them so I know who I can immortalize if I fully level them. It is a pain, the order in default is by hearted being listed first then the rest,

The order of these is by how many things can be done. 1 for each item that can be made ( or already made) and then equipped and 1 more if they can be fused to one level higher.

Edit: if you have a citation for a certain rarity, all crew of that rarity that are not fully fused have the ability to fuse to one level higher, thus be listed higher then fully fused crew (assuming no equipable equipment difference)

You are right: Having crew fully leveled makes a difference. I have 19 unleveled, but they all show up at the top of the default sort because each card has at least one open equipment slot. That is my choice, for how to manage my crew. YMMV

t9y281ld4ud8.png

Side note: I have one 3/4* fully equipped who shows up at the bottom of the default sort. So, I see your point. 🖖

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I'm really looking forward to all these changes. We still don't know what to expect exactly when they are talking "more diverse beholds" - it can turn out both ways.
    What I still miss is the "frozen" label on a new crew in quaters just like the "duplicate" we already have.
    The daily missions fleet status thing could instigate some conflicts - and solve some.

Does someone has more details about the "objective solo events"?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

You are right: Having crew fully leveled makes a difference. I have 19 unleveled, but they all show up at the top of the default sort because each card has at least one open equipment slot. That is my choice, for how to manage my crew. YMMV

t9y281ld4ud8.png

Side note: I have one 3/4* fully equipped who shows up at the bottom of the default sort. So, I see your point. 🖖

Ya, it can be managed. What I do now on that 3rd account is any time I add final fuse level i heart(like) the crew. But it would be nice to have that sort.