Home The Bridge
Options

WRG is working on rights to Lower Decks and...

Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2021 in The Bridge
@WRG Ben mentioned on Timelines Talks that WRG is working on licenses for Lower Decks and something else. He mentioned that Kelvin-verse remains unlikely at this time.

Star Trek shows on the horizon include:
Strange New Worlds
Prodigy
A rumored Georgiou spin-off

My money is on Prodigy, as evidenced by recent TAS additions as art tests. But am I missing any other possibilities? Are there other rights you would like to see them acquire?
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Options
    barrydancerbarrydancer ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lower Decks is probably the thing that would get me to spend a few bucks on this game again.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Lower Decks is probably the thing that would get me to spend a few bucks on this game again.

I'm loving that show more every episode! They are really digging into one of the crew basically being a
    CAT
    rather than shying away from it like the Regulan Bloodworm Plague.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Also, no offense meant at all.

But maybe clarify the title to say they are working on Lower Decks RIGHTS ISSUES. As written, I doubt I am the only one who clicked thinking it meant they are working on actual Lower Decks Crew that are approved and in the pipeline.

Again, no offense. Just a little more clarity on what the thread is actually about.

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options

But maybe clarify the title to say they are working on Lower Decks RIGHTS ISSUES. As written, I doubt I am the only one who clicked thinking it meant they are working on actual Lower Decks Crew that are approved and in the pipeline.

Again, no offense. Just a little more clarity on what the thread is actually about.

Good call. I'm always all for clarity, so I happily updated the title.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options

Good call. I'm always all for clarity, so I happily updated the title.

Thanx. I have been known to type too fast and drop details when I am making one.
  • Options
    If we do get LD characters, Tendi's Dog should belong to all collections. All. Of. Them.

I have mixed opinions about the first season of LD. In particular, I disliked how often Mariner was annoying for no reason than to be annoying, and I feel like it undermined the constructive commentary the show had going with her being a "bad" junior officer. In the end, Mariner is responsible for many of may favorite, and least favorite, parts of the series.

Overall I did enjoy it. Also, really incredible voice cast. I recognized Lewis, Cordero, O'Connell, Quaid, Tatasciore from other things, and was excited to hear them here. The rest of the main case, especially Newsome and Wells, do an equally phenomenal job.

I'd be happy to see LD characters in STT, and I'm looking forward to catching up on S2 once DIS launches.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's this:
    tpefxko945mz.png

Why did I not own these?
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm loving that show more every episode! They are really digging into one of the crew basically being a
    CAT

@DScottHewitt
    I could not agree more!

The bit where...
    She threw away the remains of the family heirloom and sinks into the box with her eyes like saucers was one of the funniest things I have seen on the show yet.

I busted out loud laughing for a few minutes straight.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    I hope it's this:
    tpefxko945mz.png

Why did I not own these?

I dunno, but they were incredible. I loved having them on my shelf mixed in with everyone else. Next time you're shopping online at 2:00 AM, hit eBay.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope it's this:
    tpefxko945mz.png

Why did I not own these?

I dunno, but they were incredible. I loved having them on my shelf mixed in with everyone else. Next time you're shopping online at 2:00 AM, hit eBay.

I might need to block eBay at these prices LOL

ghvvep4k57tr.jpg
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I'd be much more excited about Kelvinverse than Lower Decks. Season 2 of LD is a LOT better than season 1, but it's still not a show I get excited about.
  • Options
    If we do get LD characters, Tendi's Dog should belong to all collections. All. Of. Them.

I have mixed opinions about the first season of LD. In particular, I disliked how often Mariner was annoying for no reason than to be annoying, and I feel like it undermined the constructive commentary the show had going with her being a "bad" junior officer. In the end, Mariner is responsible for many of may favorite, and least favorite, parts of the series.

Overall I did enjoy it. Also, really incredible voice cast. I recognized Lewis, Cordero, O'Connell, Quaid, Tatasciore from other things, and was excited to hear them here. The rest of the main case, especially Newsome and Wells, do an equally phenomenal job.

I'd be happy to see LD characters in STT, and I'm looking forward to catching up on S2 once DIS launches.

Honus the Bartender was definitely
    The "Three Weeks Earlier" guy from "Look Who is Purging Now" on "Rick & Morty"
  • Options
    I hope it's this:
    tpefxko945mz.png

Why did I not own these?

I might need to block eBay at these prices LOL
    ghvvep4k57tr.jpg
    jfem03q0kdk7.jpg
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    The more, the merrier.

SNW and Prodigy are the obvious options; Section 31 is a long way off if it's ever coming, and the next movie isn't until 2023 (if that ever comes).

I'd prefer SNW, as I don't have much interest in Prodigy, but I'm happy for more variety.
  • Options
    As much as I would love a Prodigy Janeway variant, I wonder if this series would really suit Timelines as it's intentionally aimed at children and I assume the average Timelines player is not?

I'd put my Dilithium on it being SNW. Can't have too much Anson Mount!

Going boldly since April 2020 | My Datacore profile
  • Options

Funnily enough I was about to post that Lower Decks would be the thing that made me finally quit.

We are unable to watch Lower Decks in the UK.
  • Options

Funnily enough I was about to post that Lower Decks would be the thing that made me finally quit.

I thought it was streaming on Prime or something in the UK. I have some UK people in my fleet, so I'm going to check with them.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was streaming on Prime or something in the UK. I have some UK people in my fleet, so I'm going to check with them.

You are correct. Season 1 was added in January, and season 2 started airing August 13.
  • Options

You are correct. Season 1 was added in January, and season 2 started airing August 13.

Thanks, @robownage . My fleet confirmed it also. :)@[CH] OsirisSonOfGeb , per above, Lower Decks is streaming on Prime in the UK. I absolutely love the show. I know some don't though, so I hope you can check it out and decide for yourself.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Thanks, @robownage . My fleet confirmed it also. :)@[CH] OsirisSonOfGeb , per above, Lower Decks is streaming on Prime in the UK. I absolutely love the show. I know some don't though, so I hope you can check it out and decide for yourself.

Never mind
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭

It's so worth it, honestly it's quickly becoming my personal favourite Trek show. It's been said before, but every episode is like a love letter to Trek.
  • Options

It's so worth it, honestly it's quickly becoming my personal favourite Trek show. It's been said before, but every episode is like a love letter to Trek.

That's the way I feel too. Those references couldn't be added so well unless the creators were truly familiar with Star Trek.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Yes I’m watching LD on prime in the UK. I’ve found it funny and full of great Easter eggs - although my partner (also a Trekkie) isn’t so keen. The great divide. She’s clearly more officer material than me ;)
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

That's the way I feel too. Those references couldn't be added so well unless the creators were truly familiar with Star Trek.

Exactly. From this past episode
    I loved when they showed up with what looked like Kirk's cannon against the Gorn, and then instead of shooting the Ferengi they show a financial presentation. And calling out the Ferengi as being Last Outpost Ferengi broke the 4th wall, but was good for a laugh for all of us that were thinking the same thing.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    And new trek coming all year.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options

CAT

@DScottHewitt
    I could not agree more!

The bit where...
    She threw away the remains of the family heirloom and sinks into the box with her eyes like saucers was one of the funniest things I have seen on the show yet.

I busted out loud laughing for a few minutes straight.

And then this week's episode when
    When Tendi was trying to do her medical scan, and it was totally like trying to catch a cat at bath time.