Home The Bridge

Dupes you REGRET 😤🤬😤

Started some dupes throughout the Game, some Daily use, FANTASTIC. Unfortunately it's hard to know who will for your gameplay type be a good call, Insta regret, Frozen or The dreaded Perma Airlocked.
My regrets so far:- Assimilated Hawk, Adira (blanket) Tal, Reverend Phlox, Mirror Phlox, Governor Worf, Mirror Keyla Detmer, E V Suit Nhan, Prophet Sarah Sisko and Evolved Janeway.

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no duplicate crew that I regret. If I don't want them, I airlock them.

I use my (De)evolved Janeway nearly daily on shuttles so much that I have a second in progress. I can see how the Phlox cards, while good in gauntlet, would be less useful as doubles.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Zero, because I...

tkazuy4pm3fe.jpg
  • My regrets so far:- Assimilated Hawk, Adira (blanket) Tal, Reverend Phlox, Mirror Phlox, Governor Worf, Mirror Keyla Detmer, E V Suit Nhan, Prophet Sarah Sisko and Evolved Janeway.

Reverend Phlox is definitely on my regrets list, although the dupe came from a campaign, so I never set out to acquire a second Rev Phlox. He would be lovely for MED/CMD voyages except for two intertwined problems: MED/CMD cards are so weak in overall power relative to other combos that I stopped bothering with them many months ago. The recent Exobiology bonus events are the first time those Rev Phloxes have been active in years. :D
  • Jett Reno (only because of the campaign's 120 levels). My problem is not the dupes but the fact most of my FF legendaries don't do anything. They've either been powercrept or when even they have matching traits for voyages, they're still worse than the best crew. The only event type where they really matter is when pushing for faction top 1000 and that's extraordinarily rare.
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    If you want duplicates, then main cast are your best bet for future usage.

I don’t want duplicates, but I came perilously close to one with 4* Detective Dixon Hill. I had him immortalized & he was featured in the thresholds for a rerun (faction involved), and I wanted the ranked 5*. So, I speed-leveled him to 3/4 lvl 99, and he anchored another shuttle.

I didn’t blink twice before airlocking him after the event was finished. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Emperor Borg Drone (SC)Emperor Borg Drone (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Adira Tal is a good voyager and will probably get some events eventually. And Evolved Janeway is a free 5* that doesn't require begold choices, dilithium or even cites, if you upgrade her the slow way. So she's mostly just a crew slot issue.

As for the others, I probably wouldn't have kept a dupe of them. Especially Mirror Detmer, since she's a 2-skiller.

Did you already level them up? If not and if you already regret having them, the airlock is always an option. Maybe it's best to start with the least useful one, as soon as you have any crew slot issues.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you got the second Rev Phlox in a campaign, then he was low cost. If you didn't use citations on Evolved Janeway, then she only cost crew slots for a while. I have dupes of both at 4/5. I don't regret them taking up slots or items to level up. I can understand the others. Tal will probably get events over time. You may not regret that one down the road. I understand the regret right now, though.
    Farewell 🖖
  • GitssacGitssac ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I have dupes of Dexa (5/5* from one of the two times I’ve made the mistake of pulling mega recap packs) and High Roller Sisko (2/5* from frustrating beholds), both sitting at about level 40. Still undecided about what to do with them. My first copy of Dexa isn’t as useful as I’d expected, mainly due to lacking voyage trait matches.
  • Gitssac wrote: »
    I have dupes of Dexa (5/5* from one of the two times I’ve made the mistake of pulling mega recap packs) and High Roller Sisko (2/5* from frustrating beholds), both sitting at about level 40. Still undecided about what to do with them. My first copy of Dexa isn’t as useful as I’d expected, mainly due to lacking voyage trait matches.

Someone on these forums or on Discord once calculated that the trait match is worth about 100 combined skill and proficiency points. So even without a trait match Dexa should be better than anyone who isn't a top 20 voyager. And she has a rare skill set.

But on the other hand she's pretty useless for events. I have her at 1/5* and other cards keep moving ahead of her on my citation list.
  • EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have four duplicate legendaries (most are from campaigns):

High Roller Sisko - No regrets because I use both almost every day in shuttles.

Medic Jett Reno - No regrets because she's a very useful voyager.

Reverend Phlox - Starting to have a few regrets; getting closer to freezing at least one of them.

Gangster Kirk (3/5) - Got three copies during the last run of the Big Sting. He's just sitting there, taking up a crew slot (his FF'ed copy is frozen). Not sure what I'll do with him, as the likelihood of getting a begold where he's the good choice is slim; I have a backlog of potential CRs; and would I really pull a special pack in the hopes of getting him FF'ed?
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1470 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Thanks Peeps, will frreze one of Reverend Phlox and airlock dupe of mirror phlox. Already cited to max both Detmers. I was new and eager... Forgive 🙏 Gonna freeze Dupe Evolved Janeway, probs airlock Prophet Sarah Sisko. I'll cite up 2nd Adira blanket on your advice during cite sale 😊
  • Bylo Band wrote: »
    Zero, because I...

tkazuy4pm3fe.jpg

Classic 🎶💯🎶😆

Someone on these forums or on Discord once calculated that the trait match is worth about 100 combined skill and proficiency points. So even without a trait match Dexa should be better than anyone who isn't a top 20 voyager. And she has a rare skill set.

But on the other hand she's pretty useless for events. I have her at 1/5* and other cards keep moving ahead of her on my citation list.

This is a fair point… she will definitely make med/dip voyages for me regardless; it’s more the fringe ones where she only has one of the gold/silver skills that she is likely to miss out (whereas I had been expecting to give her a more regular seat to bulk out tertiaries).

I am also using Bylo’s method for guaranteeing 10-hour voyages (which hasn’t failed me yet)… and that puts slightly more favour on getting as close to 2900 antimatter as you can.
  • @EnderW glad to hear you find High Roller useful as a dupe; I’ll keep him on board on that basis!
  • Thanks Peeps, will frreze one of Reverend Phlox and airlock dupe of mirror phlox. Already cited to max both Detmers. I was new and eager... Forgive 🙏 Gonna freeze Dupe Evolved Janeway, probs airlock Prophet Sarah Sisko. I'll cite up 2nd Adira blanket on your advice during cite sale 😊

If there ever is another faction event with detmer as bonus crew you'll at least be happy to have two immortal legendary versions of her :)
    As for Adira, I would probably wait with citations, but keep the dupe. Unless they're already at 4/5* then a cite to 5/5* might be a good idea.

How many top voyagers do you have?
    l181d1776n8g.png

(The screenshot is from a very useful player resource that you can find in the "Bridge" section of the forums.)

Interesting, i use Dexa on like 8/10 voyages. But i only have a poor roster. ;)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gitssac wrote: »

I'm curious who calculated this and how. My ballpark estimate is 200-300 points.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting question. Ignoring my 30-ish 4* duplicates (plenty of regrets in there, but mostly because they are too weak to unfreeze anymore - cough - Ambassador Spock - cough) and just looking at the 5* crowd, I have...

Professor Sato (2/5) - no regrets, just haven't gotten around to improving her (still useful even at 2* for events).
    Reverend Phlox (3/5) - from the campaign, but this is bordering on regret since I rarely use his FF version anymore.
    Species 8472 Invader (3/5) - original is frozen, and I kind-of regret this one today (never use anymore), but I finished 10th in this event (by far my best finish in the game at that point) and doing so earned the 6th star, so I keep it for sentimental reasons (later improved twice via beholds).
    Mirror Jean-Luc Picard (4/5) - from the campaign (I returned the -gate copy of his card), my only regret is not having FF'd him yet.

Plus the gauntlet exclusives, none of whom I regret dup'ing because it requires no specific effort to do so (other than playing gauntlet); each has had many use-both-copies moments in the sun.
    Red Angel (4/5) - likely will freeze for roster space.
    Caretaker (FF) - dup is active but is a candidate for freezing for roster space.
    Bartender Guinan (FF) - dup is frozen.
    Armus (FF) - dup is frozen.
    Locutus (FF) - dup active ('cause Picard gets enough faction events to justify it).

I'm curious who calculated this and how. My ballpark estimate is 200-300 points.

I honestly can't remember, but I know that I read it. When it comes to spreadsheets and calculations I tend to simply trust the players who invest their time into them. I know there might be mistakes, but I have no desire to try and do that stuff myself :sweat_smile:
  • I have two legendary dupes, neither of which I regret:

Stranded Quark (3/5) who just keeps dropping ever since I FFed my original with citations. To all of those folks hoping for a SQ of your own, I'm so sorry RNG keeps sending them my way by mistake. FEed, but only sees use when I'm running a ton of overnight shuttles for faction events, and he's bonus crew.

Saboteur Garak (1/5) who I love - my original copy was the first time I got a ranked legendary, and the first legendary I FFed. This one languishes a level 1 doing nothing, but I have crew space to spare so I might as well. Maybe more will drop, or he'll be in a campaign. If I run out of crew space, he'll get airlocked.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gitssac wrote: »

My guess is there are enough assumptions and variability in both calculations, that they're within the margin of error of each other. Especially because there is a difference between 100 points in base and 100 points in proficiency and a difference between how much is on the primary vs secondary vs tertiary skill.
  • no dupes. just a casual player trying to FF a 5* here. probably ones in freezer are Mirro Phlox cause i dont have room with nearly all the tier 1 crew i have to train. only Gary Seven, Locutus and Indulgent Seven remain to elude me. have most tier 2 as well. my crew is balanced but need time to train and fuse if given the longshot on getting a 5* i have.

If there ever is another faction event with detmer as bonus crew you'll at least be happy to have two immortal legendary versions of her :)
    As for Adira, I would probably wait with citations, but keep the dupe. Unless they're already at 4/5* then a cite to 5/5* might be a good idea.

l181d1776n8g.png

(The screenshot is from a very useful player resource that you can find in the "Bridge" section of the forums.)

I have all of those listed except for Mok'bara Crusher. I am a keen voyager and am in the 11 hour plus club. Though cannot work out how to post pics but did list my best time in longest voyage thread :) On that list you showed, I have Mycelial Culber Duped max, Braxton dupe at 4/5, FO Burnham dupe 2/5, 3 Gary Sevens only 1 maxed the other 2 at 70% 4/5*. Socates and Breen Kira 1/5 each @100 % waiting for Cite sale. Projet Sarah Sisko duped as mentioned earlier and regret her, same with Assimilated Hawk. 3 x Picard and No. 1 duped and 2 Sinister Picards to date. Worthwhile mentions... Tribble scotty and Cheescake seven duped sitting at 4/5

l181d1776n8g.png

I have all of those listed except for Mok'bara Crusher. I am a keen voyager and am in the 11 hour plus club. Though cannot work out how to post pics but did list my best time in longest voyage thread :) On that list you showed, I have Mycelial Culber Duped max, Braxton dupe at 4/5, FO Burnham dupe 2/5, 3 Gary Sevens only 1 maxed the other 2 at 70% 4/5*. Socates and Breen Kira 1/5 each @100 % waiting for Cite sale. Projet Sarah Sisko duped as mentioned earlier and regret her, same with Assimilated Hawk. 3 x Picard and No. 1 duped and 2 Sinister Picards to date. Worthwhile mentions... Tribble scotty and Cheescake seven duped sitting at 4/5

In that case a dupe of Adira won't be as useful to you as she would be to me :sweat_smile: But if you want to reach the same voyage lenght for all skill combinations, then the dupe might be necessary for DIP/ENG.
  • My only dupes are two immo armus plus one more at 1/5 who can sit there seeing as i have the space. Also two red angels one immo one 4/5. Lastly two Guinans one immo one at 1/5 who also isn’t FE. 🖖
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Never kept a dupe, even Tier Ones.

No regrets.
  • Britney Spheres Britney Spheres ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Dupes I'm happy with:- Captain Braxton, Dr Culber, Mycelial Culber, Cheescake7, Gary 7( 3) copies, Red Angel, Technical Officer Neelix, Soji Asha, Queen Po, Gun Show Picard, Locutus, Stranded Quark, Mintakan Troi (4) copies lots of event use, Dr Bones McCoy for shuttles, same for Pah wraith Keiko and Ruafo Ad'Har, Picard and No 1 (3 copies) and Medic Jett Reno get alot of use. Finally Tribble Herder Scotty Top voyager. :Edit I should add 4 Killys to that, she's a beast in the Arena.
  • This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 7 Commander Rikers