Dupes you REGRET 😤🤬😤

2»

Comments

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My apologies, it's 7 Will Rikers andc6fkjs7qn3xq.jpg
    5 Tom Rikers😃
  • Options
    I used to have dupes, up to 3 in my roster. Locutus, Surak and Armus. But tbh they are very very rarely used; even the best ones and even on the gauntlet or events.
    So at one point where we get all with to few slots available to keep everybody I airlocked them.
    No regrets. Slots are not available for free you know.
    Today I airlocked Locutus that I got on gauntlet rewards. No regrets. +550 honors +1 slot free.
  • Options
    5 Tom Rikers😃

How/where do you get this info/screen shot please @This Sisko1
  • Options
    I follow the simplistic strategy of airlocking characters I do not want to duplicate. So, no dupes I regret.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Tom Rikers😃

That’s a screenshot of his Datacore crew list.

https://datacore.app/
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    EnderW wrote: »
    5 Tom Rikers😃

That’s a screenshot of his Datacore crew list.

https://datacore.app/

Thanks for this 😌 @EnderW
  • Options
    Keeping dupes is something of a controversial topic in the community and advice along those lines is almost always going to be highly contextual to one's goals, style of game play, and budget.

That said, there's really only one practical use for dupes-- being able to launch a flotilla of shuttles during a faction event. There is a narrow use case duping some of the top or rarest skillset cards for use in voyages, but I haven't found this particularly compelling in practice. I suppose you can use dupes in arena or gauntlet, but why bother?

So with faction events as the use case, what's most important when considering a dupe is event count, specifically faction event count. There used to be a great resource that tracked character and trait matches per event, but it doesn't look like it's updated any more.

As someone else said up-thread, this leads to the conclusion that dupes should largely be based on main cast. Yes, but even characters that have large event counts don't necessarily have a great ratio for faction use. La Forge and Kim both have double digit event counts, but terrible faction representation. Regardless, be on a special lookout for main cast with rare variant skill sets.

And while main cast is generally a good guideline, it may lead one to miss that Vulcan, Mirror Universe, Klingon, Scoundrel, and Hologram have hefty faction representation as well. With the death of Discovery megas and the rise of trait megas, that opens up a wider use case for duping some non-bridge crew with certain traits.

Then we get to stats. Generally, if a FF card has a primary base at double event bonus that isn't higher than your usual highest ranked bases, they're probably not worth a dupe. However, some super rares have multiple event features--Detective Dixon Hill has 5 faction features, for instance. Depending on your roster, a 3x bonus for Hill might not be meaningful past a single copy, let alone multiples. But when you hit on that right combination of dupes and feature bonus, it can make for a meaningful contribution to your event.

In the end, the ultimate consideration for a dupe is do you have a crew slot and resources to spare for it? Super rares are relatively easy to get back if you need space. Legendaries can be more complicated to figure out and represent a more significant investment. Keeping them around as long as you can and then building when there is a need for them is a great hedge and qualifier too.

That's my dupe rubric, at any rate. YMMV.

Faction Events are my best event, rank wise. My 4 star dupes are mainly Dax and Mintakan Troi @12345678 of 123456789
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keeping dupes is something of a controversial topic in the community and advice along those lines is almost always going to be highly contextual to one's goals, style of game play, and budget.

That said, there's really only one practical use for dupes-- being able to launch a flotilla of shuttles during a faction event. There is a narrow use case duping some of the top or rarest skillset cards for use in voyages, but I haven't found this particularly compelling in practice. I suppose you can use dupes in arena or gauntlet, but why bother?

So with faction events as the use case, what's most important when considering a dupe is event count, specifically faction event count. There used to be a great resource that tracked character and trait matches per event, but it doesn't look like it's updated any more.

As someone else said up-thread, this leads to the conclusion that dupes should largely be based on main cast. Yes, but even characters that have large event counts don't necessarily have a great ratio for faction use. La Forge and Kim both have double digit event counts, but terrible faction representation. Regardless, be on a special lookout for main cast with rare variant skill sets.

And while main cast is generally a good guideline, it may lead one to miss that Vulcan, Mirror Universe, Klingon, Scoundrel, and Hologram have hefty faction representation as well. With the death of Discovery megas and the rise of trait megas, that opens up a wider use case for duping some non-bridge crew with certain traits.

Then we get to stats. Generally, if a FF card has a primary base at double event bonus that isn't higher than your usual highest ranked bases, they're probably not worth a dupe. However, some super rares have multiple event features--Detective Dixon Hill has 5 faction features, for instance. Depending on your roster, a 3x bonus for Hill might not be meaningful past a single copy, let alone multiples. But when you hit on that right combination of dupes and feature bonus, it can make for a meaningful contribution to your event.

In the end, the ultimate consideration for a dupe is do you have a crew slot and resources to spare for it? Super rares are relatively easy to get back if you need space. Legendaries can be more complicated to figure out and represent a more significant investment. Keeping them around as long as you can and then building when there is a need for them is a great hedge and qualifier too.

That's my dupe rubric, at any rate. YMMV.

+1. You said it better than I could have. 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    It's going to be hard for WRG to release another DIP/ENG/MED, not just because it's a rare skillset, but given how great Quark is. Dexa too, if considering differing skill orders.

I suppose there's room for improvement in the gauntlet, and someone with weaker raw voyage numbers but more applicable traits.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    no dupes; not planning on any; no regrets
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far i have 3 dupe legendary
    1. Seven of Nine 5/5 and 1/5 - you can never have too much of Seven, and she is good for gauntlet
    2. Leonardo 5/5 and 1/5 - one is always on voyages, other one maybe will get citations maybe airlock
    3. Timekeeper Tenavik 5/5 and 1/5 - one is often on voyages, other one maybe will get citations maybe airlock

At the time I have no problems with slots, so theyx mostly sits there
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 duplicate ... 1* Uhura ... because I wanted to test something. No regrets ... I don't even know where to look to see where the copies of crew are, should I have any.

I airlock all dupes ... no regrets. No plans to ever duplicate anyone ... would rather spend citations etc. on 5* crew I've not yet immortalised.
  • Options
    If we're including non-legendary cards, I have frozen scads of 1* Ogawas and 2* Phloxes. I used to have a huge pile of them leveled to various places to encourage useful drops from things like campaign item chests. Once those went away I finished all of them off.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    4dhimcts1jyi.jpeg

https://youtu.be/Q3Kvu6Kgp88
    Edith Piaf at her best. Click the picture to listen.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha that's some serious game there
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The "Lost in the clutter Unintended Dupe"

8rszfeds6byt.png
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    That's not a dupe. Click upgrade and you can fuse him. 🙂
  • Options
    4dhimcts1jyi.jpeg

Soooo Funny how the brain works, I only just noticed Regrets is spelt incorrectly 😅😂🤣🤣👋💯
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    4dhimcts1jyi.jpeg

Soooo Funny how the brain works, I only just noticed Regrets is spelt incorrectly 😅😂🤣🤣👋💯

Hehe, yep, top-down processing. It’s interesting and highly helpful. Your brain knows what it should be and reads it or sees it in your head the correct way.
    Let’s fly!