Home The Bridge
Options

80 arena battles?

V.V. ✭✭✭✭
I see they changed the achievement requirement from space to arena battles. We have 14 days to do 80. 14x5 = 70. I guess it's not insane but it's the most onerous requirement we've seen so far.
Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."

Comments

• Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    You get ten free arena battles per day.

There is nothing to this achievement, just a few button pushes per battle, and you can eat your dinner whilst doing so.

how many achievements have taken a minimum of 8 days and most likely 12 or 13 to finish before?
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    Hate to be the guy who looks a gift horse in the mouth but these 'gifts' are akin to a drug dealer asking if the kids want to try something for 'free'.

It's a way of increasing honour debt and/or;
    1. Selling a DYC.
    2. Selling more crew slots.
    3. Selling honour.
    4. Selling advertising.

They are not the harmless 'gift' they appear to be. A gift would be 5/5 4/4 3/3 2/2 or 1 star.
  • Options
    This small "mistake" is absolutely not a big deal for me and I am happy about the possibility to get a new free crew member. B)
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    V. wrote: »
    You get ten free arena battles per day.

There is nothing to this achievement, just a few button pushes per battle, and you can eat your dinner whilst doing so.

how many achievements have taken a minimum of 8 days and most likely 12 or 13 to finish before?

Like, a lot of them? The temporary achievement for the USS Roddenberry that ended last week finished a day earlier than announced and meant that a bunch of people didn't get the final tier because they were doing the minimum.

These are meant to drive engagement (and sales, as Osiris somewhat cynically pointed out). If they wanted to give us a freebie, they would just drop it in our inboxes. I don't think having to work a bit for a 4/5 Spock is a bad thing.

(I wouldn't mind a 5th Spock or legendary citation as an apology for the incorrect info though 😜)

The ship battle schematics thing? That could have been completed in less than 30 seconds. I must be thinking of something else?
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    look, it's not a complaint. i can suffer through 7 or 8 arena battles a day. just as i can suffer through sending shuttles. the card is fun and nice and I enjoy it - thank you timelines!

I'm just observing that this achievement will take me about twice as long in days as any achievement has before that gives out stars for a character.

Last year it was this for 7 days:
    Tiers 1: 30 battles - get 200 Dilithium
    Tiers 2: 70 battles - get 400 Dilithium
    Tiers 3: 100 battles - get 2x 10-pack premium

So, regardless, you were done in 7 days. And, yes, I stopped at 70.

The shuttle missions I believe have always coincided with a shuttle event - meaning you are done in less than 7 days.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would you not do the full 10 arena battles every day? You get ten for free. Each battle only takes a few seconds

This. Ten FREE Arena Battles and one ten times Space Battle to get something for someone you are leveling is the twenty Space Battles a day.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    For the recent Captain Picard Day Picard you had to play two events to get one of the copies. If you played on the first Thursday of the first event, you would then not have got this copy until you played again on the 8th day… so it’s not entirely without precedent.

At the end of the day, as you say, it’s a freebie and therefore very welcome. They just want us to play more Arena I guess.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    We are humans, complaining is becoming our second nature.

For me these are easy "TO DO'S" to get a great card that will have some good uses.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Arena battles, not forum battles <angelic grin - flees>

Shan wins!!!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have no problem with the 8 days, at all. I prefer it this way, something to do for a while. And I don't mind the easy ones either, but I find it funny how different is the "level up a crew member" achievement, in that it can be cleared in minutes.
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    I have no problem with the 8 days, at all. I prefer it this way, something to do for a while. And I don't mind the easy ones either, but I find it funny how different is the "level up a crew member" achievement, in that it can be cleared in minutes.

Yeah that one was a breeze. I got them to ninety and that took care of most of that Achievement right off the bat. I had a few others I jumped Ten Levels to more than cover it.
  • Options
    -{Punisher}-[BAD]-{Punisher}-[BAD] ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    but I find it funny how different is the "level up a crew member" achievement, in that it can be cleared in minutes.

Not if all of your crew is leveled. I imagine some veteran players will find this one a challenge. They will have to wait and level the event crew.
  • Options
    That's why I have a yellow 68 next to my Crew Quarters right now.

xbw2hm95b08q.jpg
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    but I find it funny how different is the "level up a crew member" achievement, in that it can be cleared in minutes.

Not if all of your crew is leveled. I imagine some veteran players will find this one a challenge. They will have to wait and level the event crew.

Usually, this is exactly how I handle the level-up achievement targets, but this time I looked at the 200 target and said "nope, I want another star for iSpock sooner than that", so I did the same thing Kanon did.
  • Options
    TrollitaTrollita ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t many players do ten every day to finish dailies for fleet bonuses? I don’t see what the issue is here. Are you in a hurry to immortalize him?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    1. Arena battles? Dailies, done (choice).
    2. Shuttle missions? Event, done (choice).
    3. Leveling up crew? Ah, well, that’s a different kettle of fish….

I remember being new & F2P and struggling for trainers (Tangent: New Starbase room for intra-fleet trading! Sorry, sorry, mea culpa). Point being, lots of newer players will have difficulty to clear that one, and maybe the shuttles, too.

Just my 2¢. YMMV 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Arena battles? Dailies, done (choice).
    2. Shuttle missions? Event, done (choice).
    3. Leveling up crew? Ah, well, that’s a different kettle of fish….

I remember being new & F2P and struggling for trainers (Tangent: New Starbase room for intra-fleet trading! Sorry, sorry, mea culpa). Point being, lots of newer players will have difficulty to clear that one, and maybe the shuttles, too.

Just my 2¢. YMMV 🖖

200 levels can be leveling 20 crew from 1-10 or 6-7 crew from 1-30. It doesn't have to be 2 crew all the way to 100. New players should be able to hit it with no issue. They're also the players most likely to still have low level crew they're working on leveling.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    That's why I have a yellow 68 next to my Crew Quarters right now.

xbw2hm95b08q.jpg

Scott, you are a veteran player and whenever I see a screenshot of your crew quarters, it gives me a headache. 🤣

Every time i try to tighten it up, I run out of Credits. Burn through 5 to 6 MILLION and still have left overs. That 68 is after getting it down from 137 last time......

EDIT:

9z3wbz5j0zb5.jpg

• Options

I just did a couple of basic portal pulls for free, got 10+ 1*/2* crew, used a couple of trainers to get each to level 10 before dismissing them, and voila :D

One Merit Pull of 1*/2* can easily do it, if you take them to 30, also.