Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread : Galaxy Event Forests of Forever - 2021-09-16

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only is Picard disappointing, but the 2* is not a new Crew?

We need 2* Sea Locust Swarm!!!!!

3ouwif2vjoah.jpg
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Also, this is a Galaxy event which is supply, not shuttle missions
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, this is a Galaxy event which is supply, not shuttle missions

I knew I was going to forget something, correcting now.
  • Options
    I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there any particular timescale for adding the new Picard to the EV Suit collection? (IIRC because there's no "EV Suit" trait this has to be done manually?)
    2) For both this event and the previous one (i.e. the one starting tomorrow), the lower threshold rewards include items that specifically belong to the 2* variant available in those rewards (e.g. Brainless Spock's Controller, Burnham's Desert Garb). Is this a change to the pattern of the rewards that will be continuing? (I know it's happened occasionally in the past but twice in a row with two items each is much more of a pattern than we've seen before.) For all but the very newest players, these items they will have crafted long ago while levelling the 2*s in question, so are just something that will sooner or later have to be cleared out of inventory. As such, I have to admit I see this as a negative change. The more generic items usually available at those reward levels are at least marginally helpful for building other crew as they appear.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix the stats!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    I have a couple of questions:

1) Is there any particular timescale for adding the new Picard to the EV Suit collection? (IIRC because there's no "EV Suit" trait this has to be done manually?)
    2) For both this event and the previous one (i.e. the one starting tomorrow), the lower threshold rewards include items that specifically belong to the 2* variant available in those rewards (e.g. Brainless Spock's Controller, Burnham's Desert Garb). Is this a change to the pattern of the rewards that will be continuing? (I know it's happened occasionally in the past but twice in a row with two items each is much more of a pattern than we've seen before.) For all but the very newest players, these items they will have crafted long ago while levelling the 2*s in question, so are just something that will sooner or later have to be cleared out of inventory. As such, I have to admit I see this as a negative change. The more generic items usually available at those reward levels are at least marginally helpful for building other crew as they appear.

It would be nice if the gear items were all for the new 4*. That is usually the one that is going to be more likely to need stuff we don't have, or don't have parts for.
    I love having EV suit Picard, that was an excellent Scene in First contact.

This is the fourth Picard holding a rifle, along with Enterprise-E, Tommy Gun Dixon, and Gunshow Picard.

There are three with swords, Robin Hood, Age of Sail, and Musketeer, the last of which should have a gun.

As the song goes, "We come in peace, shoot to kill, shoot to kill, shoot to kill."

Best Star Trek song ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCARADb9asE

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    More CC than RP, apparently. Still, it’s Picard, so some players (including me) will go for him. I won’t burn a crew slot for the new Burnham to get there, though. YMMV
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    EV Suit Worf and Assimilated Hawk are both such great crew, sad Picard doesn’t follow the trend
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sadly, this Picard is mostly useful in ship themes... But I need 3 copies of Flotter, so that is a huge upside for me.
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    Sadly, this Picard is mostly useful in ship themes... But I need 3 copies of Flotter, so that is a huge upside for me.

Good luck if you are leveling up Flotter. He requires a million holoprograms.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »

Good luck if you are leveling up Flotter. He requires a million holoprograms.

That may be a conservative estimate.

• Options
    I know it’s a galaxy, but bonus crew seem pretty few and far between… just Burnhams?
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • Options
    I know it’s a galaxy, but bonus crew seem pretty few and far between… just Burnhams?

Looks like.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

To be fair, there are a lot of Michael Burnhams in game.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    If no 5*s, then this one might be best for skills:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Trill_Burnham

EDIT: I was wrong, bad CMD. Carry on.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    If no 5*s, then this one might be best for skills:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Trill_Burnham

EDIT: I was wrong, bad CMD. Carry on.

That's a relief. I just froze mine!
    Have Courier Burnham immortal and EV and First Officer Burnhams to build up. One of those should be a halfway decent surrogate.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    FOB is best for CMD for people who don't have Captain Burnham, which seems fitting. And if my calculations are correct, Red Angel, despite her high proficiencies, has the best ENG for this event and second best SCI after Big Bonus Flotter.

Courier, Away Team and (4*) Tactical are all going to be strong on SEC. 4* Fugitive will be good for MED and DIP for people who don't have Flotter finished (and maybe even those who do, depending on how the traits and skills are distributed).
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really don t understand what‘s up with all these horrible stats 2016/2017
    lately. It‘s a pattern.

I don´t understand it either. Usually stats in games go up over the years. Plus gamemodes where you need even more strength are implemented. To keep players motivated - and spending. This direction is puzzling indeed.

The first months of the game were so and especially wonderful. It was a fun mix of collecting characters for wanting (favs of the show) + needing. Because for all the various aspects of STT we needed power, power, power in many different ways. Now many veterans may want a card, but they don´t really need it anymore. And WRG has to find ways to create a need again.

• Options
    “Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire.”
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    lately. It‘s a pattern.

I don´t understand it either. Usually stats in games go up over the years. Plus gamemodes where you need even more strength are implemented. To keep players motivated - and spending. This direction is puzzling indeed.

The first months of the game were so and especially wonderful. It was a fun mix of collecting characters for wanting (favs of the show) + needing. Because for all the various aspects of STT we needed power, power, power in many different ways. Now many veterans may want a card, but they don´t really need it anymore. And WRG has to find ways to create a need again.

They need to talk to the people from NutMarble. The company that does Marvel Future Fight. Shang Chi was like literally in the bottom 10% of characters in the game. With his new Movie Uniform, he is easily Top Tier now. And that is a just a Skin, with Stat changes. Newer characters make old characters, even maxed out, almost obsolete all the time. Most of those new characters are better, even at Tier One, than the old characters maxed to Tier Three. I used Shang Chi, Katy/AwkwardFina, and WenWu {all barely Tier Two} to beat several Tier Three teams on Auto in the PvP Mode this week.

You really don't introduce a new character that is well into the bottom half of the available Crew as a new Crew.....
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need to talk to the people from NutMarble. The company that does Marvel Future Fight. Newer characters make old characters, even maxed out, almost obsolete all the time.

You really don't introduce a new character that is well into the bottom half of the available Crew as a new Crew.....

Yes, exactly that. The game you mention is a great example. Also nearly every other mobile game does it like that or similar. Why WRG thinks releasing new crew with old stats is a great idea is a huge mystery to me.

• Options
    They need to talk to the people from NutMarble. The company that does Marvel Future Fight. Newer characters make old characters, even maxed out, almost obsolete all the time.

Yes, exactly that. The game you mention is a great example. Also nearly every other mobile game does it like that or similar. Why WRG thinks releasing new crew with old stats is a great idea is a huge mystery to me.

It's almost like they are intentionally shooting their own game in the foot. But, that would be crazy.
  • Options
    lately. It‘s a pattern.

Exactly. Like, I would love to have EV Suit Picard because it’s Picard and a cool variant, but I definitely don’t need him with those stats and he would just be taking up a crew slot and never getting used
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heads up: event packs and offers will be taken down while we investigate an issue.
    I will update once I know more!
  • Options
    Admiral Q BakerAdmiral Q Baker ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I was wondering about that
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

don't they usually have the event packs ready on Wednesday?

Yes.
    Heads up: event packs and offers will be taken down while we investigate an issue.
    I will update once I know more!

• Options

don't they usually have the event packs ready on Wednesday?

Uh, look right above your post.