Home The Bridge
Options

5 Free Crew Slots but no Slot Sale?

I am grateful for the 5 slots but wanted to confirm if there will also be a slot sale (50% the price)? @Shan

I've been playing since December 2018 but I can't recall a time when there was a gift of free slots without an accompanying slot sale.

Perhaps this has happened before, but I cannot remember. Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Beat me to it👍😊
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Beat me to it👍😊

Usually I'm late!
  • Options
    I may be misremembering Ben's answer to this question (regarding a slot sale) but I think he said "not this month", meaning not September. Maybe that's accurate? Free slots now (to go with honor sale) but slot sale next month?
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    No crew slot sale this time around, patience :)

Thank you for the quick reply. Feel free to close this thread down!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

Thanks @Shan
    I am glad to have the slots. Also glad to hear there still will be future slot sales 👍😊
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad for the Slots. I am maxing out again. Equipping and Freezing as fast as I can. Let's just Bones's Mint Julep is in a nice frosty glass now!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there will likely be a crew slot sale next month.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think crew slots sales are one of the few things still worthy of spending dillithium (portal pulls of any kind are becoming more and more of a bad idea, specially with crew retrieval which is the other preferred use if dillithium)
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Grrr, arghh.

It's not that I need the slots, it's that I want the number of slots divisible by three, to make the crew quarters look tidy.

That thought occurred to me, but I couldn't have phrased it so well.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Grrr, arghh.

It's not that I need the slots, it's that I want the number of slots divisible by three, to make the crew quarters look tidy.

That thought occurred to me, but I couldn't have phrased it so well.

I, as well, have a 3/6/9 obsession as part of my OCD
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    Since Ben said that the main game goal is a "fun card-collecting game", would it be too much to hope for that they're removing game "features" that go against collecting? Like adding the ability to freeze fe, but not ff, crew?
  • Options
    Selene 7 wrote: »
    Since Ben said that the main game goal is a "fun card-collecting game", would it be too much to hope for that they're removing game "features" that go against collecting? Like adding the ability to freeze fe, but not ff, crew?

Having the ability to freeze FE crew was discussed in the forums a while back. It is a good idea. It would be nice to not have to keep looking at those unfinished legendaries all the time. There should be a different cost to unfreeze than merits - not sure what that would be.
  • Options
    Selene 7 wrote: »

Having the ability to freeze FE crew was discussed in the forums a while back. It is a good idea. It would be nice to not have to keep looking at those unfinished legendaries all the time. There should be a different cost to unfreeze than merits - not sure what that would be.

Or it could have a time limit. Immortal crew can stay frozen for any amount of time, but non-immortal crew could have a limit of 1 or 2 months, with a notification when it's about to expire.
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe freeze any unfinished crew, in any state, with the difference that when they are unfronzen they are level 1, 1/5 or 1/4, etc (ie like a newly obtained card). That way you get to store any crew which you have only one copy of (the catch is you have to start from 0 when you unfreeze them, you can't store more than one copy of the same crew)

This is probably a game breaking suggestion :D
  • Options
    Kanon wrote: »
    This is probably a game breaking suggestion :D

Perhaps not depending on how one manages their crew - say you get a legendary behold and choose a card that’s in a collection you’re working on. If you figure you’re not going to see another copy in a behold, event or plan to retrieve another copy for a while it can go straight to the freezer.
  • Options

No slot sale, but only 5 free slots? Wow. I was hoping for a sale, I could use it