Home The Bridge
Options

Borg Queen Seven Stats?

2»

Comments

• Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe its time for a new collection for Honour Hall crew similar to "A New Challenger Approaches".
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Maybe its time for a new collection for Honour Hall crew similar to "A New Challenger Approaches".

That will be the most expensive collection in the game. I can't even imagine what kind of reward they would need to entice me.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    Two collections right off. She's got a decent range of traits for Voyages and she'll be top ten for COM and ENG on my roster for a couple months minimum. Main crew for events. I'll probably replace Ardra with her in Arena. Not a knocked out of the park crew, but one I'm happy with.

3 collections, don't forget Resourceful launching this week.

Thought the next collection to be released was primal towards the end of the month.

They are adding "Resourceful" this week to off-set Platonic Chekov losing one of the Traits that made him valuable, and replacing it with "Resourceful". "Primal" is still coming.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    In my opinion, we should instantly want the new honor hall crew over pretty much anything else we can do with that honor. It should be a goal everyone would want to achieve. And we should be debating whether DYC is worth it or not, not whether the crew is worth it or not.

Yes, this.

Honor hall crew left at 1/5 are next to useless for veteran players. The investment of honor has to be worth it, as she will never appear in packs or the portal.

I would love her, as I love Seven, but am 50/50 about whether to buy her.

I'm mainly interested still somewhat just because it is Seven. But, the Stats might be making me hesitate.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »

That will be the most expensive collection in the game. I can't even imagine what kind of reward they would need to entice me.

A completed Legendary with great 2021 Stats would have to be on the table, probably. The last five Milestones give a copy. Are there now more than five Honour Hall Crew? First couple Milestones could be like the normal Collection Milestones, but with increased Rewards. Two Premium Ten Pulls, instead of one. Larger drops of Chronitons, et cetera.....
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021

It would at least be a permanent enticement. Kahless is still a very good crew and I bought him as soon as I was able to. He’s still 1/5 because I never found sufficient reason to immortalize him. Maybe if I get closer to the next Klingon collection threshold. I’ve been tempted to buy Phlox just for his collection potential. The rest of the crew don’t measure up and even Kahless may diminish in value.

Also I’ve probably dumped enough citations into the Costumed collection alone to match whatever I would pay to buy and FF all of the honour hall crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Value over replacement? Not here, sadly.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    j5f2lofzphiq.jpg

Awesome! Congrats!

=======================================

On a side note, did no one in the Art Department look at the Crew image and think "MAYBE we should move the cables up just a smoosh?" They look like they are in a bad spot, to me. Just visually.
  • Options
    Horrible, terrible, no good #$%&@... I'm talking about the art pose here. Just check in with the Timelines Talks roast of this. As Idol said "when they announced her, I just wanted that card. I don't want THIS card."

Sadly, I agree. When they announced her I decided she was going to be my first honor hall crew. When I saw the art I just couldn't.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    These threads crack me up, no matter how many times we discuss card evaluation and no matter how many times it is pointed out that there are a lot of different ways to evaluate a card, inevitably a card like this comes out, immediately gets reduced to an arbitrary voyage score,
    (and yes I am willing to die on that hill - voyage scores denote overall power yes, but there are a LOT of other things that go into making a card good for voyages)
    and people say it is a bad card.

Let me expand the discussion just a bit to hopefully offer a broader perspective to people on the fence with her. She is a Seven of Nine (and therefore cool), main cast (so we can expect her to get in the mix on future events), and she has a really strong base Command score (something no other Seven of Nine has). If you're a Jeri Ryan fan this card does not disappoint (art argument notwithstanding - I have no opinion on it but I respect the opinions of those who have one), she has several very good voyage traits, a beefy tertiary score, low variance, a ship ability that offers an intriguing possibility in Arena, and hits several useful Collections.

This is not a bad card.

Were she in an event where I could get copies in the event then buy event packs I wouldn’t have a problem with her stats. But I have a big problem with her stats if it is going to cost me 100,000 honor to get her then four cites to immortalize. Are her stats and usefulness worth 260,000 honor with honor sale cites? For me I have to say a resounding “No.” There are many Seven variants for faction events and she will never be event crew so won’t be used in skirmishes and only possible sparse use in galaxy events. She has equivalent raw voyage score proficiencies and collections to Tribble Sulu. I got a 2/5 Tribble Sulu from his event then bought some packs to finish him. Sulu will make com-sci voyages while being far surpassed in voyage power by Reunion Kirk and Spock just as Seven would make com-eng voyages while being far surpassed in voyage power by Captain Braxton. I would play in an event and buy packs for Seven like I did Sulu but I would never buy Sulu from the Honor Hall for 100k and use four cites on him and I won’t Seven.

n0dpz4i6lnb3.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    These threads crack me up, no matter how many times we discuss card evaluation and no matter how many times it is pointed out that there are a lot of different ways to evaluate a card, inevitably a card like this comes out, immediately gets reduced to an arbitrary voyage score,
    (and yes I am willing to die on that hill - voyage scores denote overall power yes, but there are a LOT of other things that go into making a card good for voyages)

Let me expand the discussion just a bit to hopefully offer a broader perspective to people on the fence with her. She is a Seven of Nine (and therefore cool), main cast (so we can expect her to get in the mix on future events), and she has a really strong base Command score (something no other Seven of Nine has). If you're a Jeri Ryan fan this card does not disappoint (art argument notwithstanding - I have no opinion on it but I respect the opinions of those who have one), she has several very good voyage traits, a beefy tertiary score, low variance, a ship ability that offers an intriguing possibility in Arena, and hits several useful Collections.

This is not a bad card.

My only concern with the artwork is it looks like those cords are giving her a high-colonic in that position. Crew cards often get nicknames. I wonder what the most creative one for her will be......
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

This is not a bad card.

My only concern with the artwork is it looks like those cords are giving her a high-colonic in that position. Crew cards often get nicknames. I wonder what the most creative one for her will be......

I'm imagining a bridge with her and Proctologist Chakotay...
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

This is not a bad card.

Here is why I reduce evaluating to voyage rank.

Gauntlet: You're either better then gauntlet exclusive crew or you don't make a gauntlet. So unless a card is better, good but not great gauntlet skills don't matter.

Arena: Other than this month with the new ship I don't care about arena. The rewards are all replicator fuel. Skirmish has potential, but you need to be better than the 400% 6s crew or you don't make the skirmish anyway.

Shuttles: Non-event shuttles don't matter. Event shuttles need to be bonus crew. I'm not going to cite a crew just for a possible event. At 1/5 most crew are comparable to 4/4, except 4/4 can be frozen between events.

Traits: I disagree with your analysis. Traits don't make a big difference in Voyages. A trait is worth 2-3 minutes. I'm not going to cite a crew just for voyage traits.

Collections: They're a nice bonus. But when choosing between multiple crew to cite, I'm picking crew that will have other uses too.

Voyages: I use better crew on a daily basis. There are more slots so I'm more likely to benefit from a good new crew even if they're not #1. Longer voyages actively improve my crew by generating more rewards.

The only crew worth getting cites for me are voyage crew. And at 1/5 most other 5* won't be used anywhere. So when I'm looking at a new crew the question is, would I consider citing them. And for me that comes down to voyage ability.

Now the truth is, Seven is decent. If she was in an event I would happily take her at 2/5 and then add her to the maybe to cite list. But in the honor hall, is she worth 6.5 cites and begolds? Or would i rather take two 2/5 from an event and cite them both? I would almost certainly get more use out of the other two cards, so that's where my honor is going.

I agree with your assessment with one exception - Collections. I've started heavily prioritizing crew that are good for Collections (ugh, lord help me that 23rd Century Martok is near the top of my list) because of the stat bonuses that come with clearing tiers, which inevitably help improve my voyages.

Yes, I've started to reevaluate collections, but only when I'm close to the next tier. If I'm 10+ crew away then citing one 5* won't matter and I likely don't have the 20+ cites I'd need to reach the collection. If I only need 4 crew then I'll consider who I can cite for the collection bonus.