Home The Bridge
Options

Borg Queen Seven (Fenris Ranger) artwork?

When I first read the announcement of Seven as the mini hive mind Borg Queen from the Picard series was announced, I was excited like christmas eve.

In my inner eye / my imagination / memory from having watched the episode, I wishes for one of the more “dark/evil” looking depictions ... Getting freshly plugged into the system - the pain, anger, black eyes...

kuupk66xholp.jpeg

6fm94ldj5ap6.jpeg

As I very much like the idea of getting her as a honour crew and also like her numbers for use in the game, I somehow feel cheated on the game art.

Here is why:

3igb3h64ula5.png

The actual graphic looks way to much like it is a graphic for her Fenris Ranger Seven (and DB reused one of the drafts graphics for her just adding the Borg wiring harness to it.

8u1o91m0grxo.png

From having watched the scene again, it is clear to me, that a useful screen capture is a bit hard to get by.

Just check it here if you want:
https://youtu.be/iTGV-XBm5pY

xrc2yzk2mb6v.jpeg

8dbbcurvopm6.jpeg

Her screen appearance is to small - and to be frankly it is also a boring pose. The close camera angels and her acting is way more interesting and tense in that situation.

The game graphic: this is NOT what she is wearing on the artefact before she becomes the temporary Borg Queen.

kdraij1qlw4w.jpeg
Fenris Ranger with green top, closed up to the neck with a pattern
vs.
yc7qutsfbchd.jpeg
Blue-Grey tank top with a cutout...

And I think the costume design department was very clever here, as it is taking reference to the sexy body corsette worn by Alice Kriege in the movie
nh9myesu9292.jpeg

Also the lipstick 💋 has the wrong colour - makeup department put for both queen mini hive more dark purple instead of the usual pink/red. Maybe also a result due to more blue:green lightning of the scene in the cube
j3qstldz3e7l.jpeg

Wearing a blue-grey top with coffee coloured leather jacket and a black belt - not brown / light brown leather jacket

Also the belt is hanging from the right side of the body down to the left side opposed to the actual game graphic from left to right ^^

62bqw8hawxsb.jpeg

Don’t want to complain to much or be only nagging, but within the fleet [TLA - The Liberal Alliance] the overall sentiment were: cool care, cool move but the art - meh. I believe just due to inconsistency.

But it can be kind of “easily” corrected - mainly by color correction of the art and maybe some minor manual drawing artwork?

- color correct the face to be not so vivid but more both like? Don't make her pale, but maybe orient yourself on the screen appearance? The dark violet lipstick makes a lot of the “dangerous appearance” of the minute Borg Queen, too.

- tone down the light brown leather jacket to something more coffee brown / dark brown (as due to the greenish light on the board cube everything is colour corrected to appear in wrong colours to the human eye

- maybe manipulate the graphic so it appears that seven is wearing a tank top and not her Fenris pullover outfit?

With the game graphics tojed down a lot and given the greenish both tint, a lot of the quality could be improved to the game art IMHO

About getting the debris artwork out and using it for this Borg Queen Seven: good that they choose to use the actual Fenris Ranger artwork with Seven holding the rifle and not basically this one where she is standing around without a clue and nothing to do. It's basically a boring pose.

If Tilting Point might want to redo the graphic, why not keep the waiting and leg section (though colour adjusted / tones down) and add this upper torso on it with seven manipulating the borg computer holographic system?

00op5l2ut6dj.jpeg

I know, that she is not yet connected to the hive mind in this actual scene moment, but it would make definitely a way more interesting graphic for “Mummy Seven”

ss53jpv704hz.jpeg
qgwyfr6u9l99.jpeg

Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".

Comments

• Options
    [G5618] Taibak[G5618] Taibak ✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    After the announcement of Seven as Borg Queen, I was very excited and could hardly wait until she appeared in the Hall of Honor. Unfortunately, I am also disappointed with the composition and think that more could have been made of her as a Borg Queen (as in the movie). So far the disappointment, aside from her stats, has kept me from adding her to my crew as a collectible. She was only purchased by one fleet member and I subsequently posted a photo of her (Picard S1) in our 10F channel on Discord for comparison. So, I used the honor, that was earmarked for her, to buy other crew in the Sale.
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    100% spot on, we spoke about this at length last night on the show but the more you look at BQ Seven's art the more you realise how wrong it is.

Oh cool - didn't listen in to the show, but interesting that you came to the same conclusion @Captain Idol. Going to watch the stream record tonight.

Btw, need to correct some typos in my original post. Autocorrect and writing it on a phone screen isn't recommended ;)

Also just trying out the “mention” here, as you mentions at on point that I can not be tagged. Try it again - cause I have no idea why not)
    Looking for a fine fleet? With the game having reached the age of a small child, players went and newly joined. We are an active fleet and are also connected in friendship with Klingons. Grab your daily starbase donations. Get your daily Fleet Boss Battles rewards guaranteed? Chat about Trek? Want more than just the game? Consider joining [TLA] "The Liberal Alliance"Contact me in-game [TLA] Khazaan or even better on the LINE app, handle also "khazaan".
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    100% spot on, we spoke about this at length last night on the show but the more you look at BQ Seven's art the more you realise how wrong it is.
    Nothing on the artistic ability of the artist, but the whole composition and the overall tone of the card is wrong. This isn't Borg Queen Seven, this is Fenris Seven with leftover rope.
    She's not smiling in the scene, she's not wearing the right outfit, she's not in the correct pose and it does nothing to evoke any emotion from the actual scene in the show.

Oh cool - didn't listen in to the show, but interesting that you came to the same conclusion @Captain Idol. Going to watch the stream record tonight.

Btw, need to correct some typos in my original post. Autocorrect and writing it on a phone screen isn't recommended ;)

Also just trying out the “mention” here, as you mentions at on point that I can not be tagged. Try it again - cause I have no idea why not)

38:41 if you want to skip straight to the Seven discussion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuDcYSsn8eU
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite comment was that it was Fenris Ranger Seven getting a colonoscopy.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite comment was that it was Fenris Ranger Seven getting a colonoscopy.

I know that those cable are {hiddenly} going into her back higher. But, it definitely looks like they are NOT from the angle of the image......
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    I want Borg Queen Seven, I don't want this card regardless of stats due to it's inaccuracy.
    Exactly. I, like many others, was prepared to shell out the honor for her IMMEDIATELY, based on the types of images Riov tr’Khazaan posted above and which I think all of us fans were picturing. I, honestly, would still have purchased the card if her stats were worse. I was so looking forward to the art, ever since watching the scene in the show. This is just disappointing.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2021
    I'm intending to buy her AFTER the honor sale, but I'm hoping we see some improvements by then. I have ALL the citation only golds done, except Quinn (almost there). I was considering swapping Ardra for her when she's done to freeze the 4*. Not sure yet. I use the Bounty with Garth and Killy, so she's the better pick, I think.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Rinnaldo wrote: »
    I was so looking forward to the art, ever since watching the scene in the show. This is just disappointing.

And here I wished WRG had realised through #AdiraGate , that we fans do care about the graphical depiction of a toon, which reflects the scene or event, which was pivotal for the moment.

With Adira, it was the moment of having been “completed” with all the other previous hosts which created an emotional bond (or hate) with the scene.

With Annika Hansen / Fenris Ranger Seven, it was the moment where she decided to take over the Artifact Cube and “bring order to the chaos” to rescue the hibernating Borg - despite pain and sacrifice in becoming the Borg Queen for this tiny peer group of Borg.