Home The Bridge
Options

The Top Three Most Amazing Things in this Game atm

For balance and because some felt the other thread had turned toxic (hit me baby)

1. My fleet mates and the community at large.
2. Shan. A model employee who has taken alot of stick over the years but who is generally fair and tries to reign in the worst whims of Ben.
3. The Offer Wall (seriously). I avoided it for years because of the fears others had aired over privacy etc. But because I was so bored of the game I tried it. I have found some great new games (Puzzle Page is a cracker) and earned dilithium whilst I've been playing them. I haven't had my house, car, wife and kids stolen by Gates, Bezos or Musk yet.

Be interested to hear your thoughts too.

Comments

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought about it, and while there are things that I like, the only thing I would call "amazing" is the community effort put into the game. Specially, the development of tools like datacore, several spreadsheets to manage crew, the IamPicard tool. It's outstanding.
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been incredibly impressed with communication of late. We've constantly asked for a road map and better sense of game direction, and I've been pleasantly surprised with the last couple month-look-aheads we've been getting.
  • Options
    1) Crew Retrieval and the Celestial Market. I know not everyone was excited about those features, but I enjoy them a lot.

Although for me it's a tie between that and:

1) The higher frequency of honor sales. I hope it will stay that way and we'll always have 3 or 4 a year now.

2) What dext74 said. It's nice to know a few things in advance, so that we have something to look forward to.

3) The art. Almost all new art has been amazing this year.
  • Options
    1. The community. Sometimes were a little too toxic towards each other, but for the most part we have embraced the Star Trek ethos and actively help each other get better at the game. (SPREADSHEETS!)

2. Game updates, especially:
    Crew Retrieval, being able to (for the most part) chase specific cards to collect has been amazing for my Picard Collection;
    Event rewards expansion, chasing 2 copies at 750 is way easier than it was before (top 25?)

3. Shan and Ben. They take a lot of heat when something goes wrong, but manage to maintain a professional, if not always sunny, disposition. Being on the receiving end of our pitchforks is not a comfortable position to be in, but they always handle it well, even when we don't like the answers they provide.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    1) Voyage. Trying to get your voyage higher each day.
    2) The spreadsheets, datacore, wiki, etc. Awesome stuff. Makes the game a lot more fun. I use them daily.
    3) The limited crew space. You have to consider all your options. Otherwise it would get boring very fast.
  • Options
    For me
    (1) Chasing my 1st 12hr voyage (which entails crew rival for top voyagers)
    (2) The staff/customer support, whenever I have sent in a ticket, sometimes due to my own error, ie, airlocking FF/FE Locutus and others, they have always been courteous, friendly and expedient, plus when it's their error I get Sorry Chrons 😂 Niiiiice
    (3) This Forum actually, so far no one's trolled me or been spiteful, only witty and Helpful (Cue barrage of abuse) 🤣 But seriously a fun place to visit/be 👍
  • Options
    Doctor 8472Doctor 8472 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    1. Voyages
    2. Skirmishes
    3. The achievement rewards (achievements, collections, daily targets, fleet targets)
    2. Shan. [...]
    3. The Offer Wall (seriously). [...]I have found some great new games (Puzzle Page is a cracker)[...]
    Wow.
    Recently, when I asked someone to say a positive thing about a politician, I got the answer "Well, he has the ability to ... breath."
    But still after that, I think your post is the worst burn I ever heard. I mean you asked yourself about the three best things of this game, and your answer is "people that don't belong to the gamepeople that aren't provided by the game (company), but just happen to be here, too; one employee on the forum and that other(!!!) games are great/make fun".
    I mean I can't argue with that, it isn't wrong, but apart from the "You made one right decision: ONE of your employees is awesome" part, this is just devastating!

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor8472

Edit: Reformulated ambiguous term. (see comments below).
  • Options
    Congratulations on winning your freedom, Britney. :)

This comment made me laugh so hard I spurted the coffee I was drinking through my nose 😂 🤣 🤣 ruined my top 🍵👄😁🤣😂 @OsirisSonOfGeb
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    "people that don't belong to the game, but just happen to be here, too"

I'm really not sure how you got that meaning from the words I wrote. By 'community at large' I meant players and forum members whom I've had good interactions with and also the people who have contributed to making all the great tools at our disposal (none of those groups are mutually exclusive). I'm scratching my head wondering what I typed incorrectly for it to be interpreted so negatively? Should I have more correctly said 'larger community'? I wasn't really taught proper written communication and grammar at school and although I have tried to improve as the years have passed, I sometimes trip up.
    Congratulations on winning your freedom, Britney. :)

This comment made me laugh so hard I spurted the coffee I was drinking through my nose 😂 🤣 🤣 ruined my top 🍵👄😁🤣😂 @OsirisSonOfGeb

Always glad when I can make someone smile. :)
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Sorry duplicate.
  • Options
    Doctor 8472Doctor 8472 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    "people that don't belong to the game, but just happen to be here, too"
    I'm really not sure how you got that meaning from the words I wrote.
    I thought about it and recognized that I used an ambiguous term here. I am sorry for that. Instead of "people that don't belong to the game", I should probably have said "people that aren't provided by the game (company)" or "people that aren't part of the game (company)". There was absolutely no negative connotation intended regarding these awesome people, but really only the fact that they aren't "given" to us by the game.
    Indeed I full-heartedly agree that the community and the people that don't get paid to be here are the ones that really make impressive contributions, i.e. the wiki and so on.

I edited the term in the original post (and striking through the ambiguous term).
  • Options
    1. Voyages
    2. Skirmishes
    3. The achievement rewards (achievements, collections, daily targets, fleet targets)
    2. Shan. [...]
    3. The Offer Wall (seriously). [...]I have found some great new games (Puzzle Page is a cracker)[...]
    Wow.
    Recently, when I asked someone to say a positive thing about a politician, I got the answer "Well, he has the ability to ... breath."
    But still after that, I think your post is the worst burn I ever heard. I mean you asked yourself about the three best things of this game, and your answer is "people that don't belong to the gamepeople that aren't provided by the game (company), but just happen to be here, too; one employee on the forum and that other(!!!) games are great/make fun".
    I mean I can't argue with that, it isn't wrong, but apart from the "You made one right decision: ONE of your employees is awesome" part, this is just devastating!

Live long and prosper,
    Doctor8472

Edit: Reformulated ambiguous term. (see comments below).

I think I understand what you're saying now, @Doctor 8472 I had to re-read it a few times along with your other post explaining it. At first read thru I couldn't understand your point. Now I believe I do. The "Wow" part of your sentence was directed at the Company / Game Staff and not @OsirisSonOfGeb. In other words you feel it quite damning that when someones asked what's the best 3 things they like about the Game the answer doesn't include those who made the game (apart from a nod to Shan) and the last one regarding what you like about THIS game, the answer is OTHER GAMES available via offer Wall. I actually get the part about Wiki etc, that these helpful tools, Data core etc are NOT supplied by the developers per say. (i say per say, as I have no idea 💡 if maybe some off these tools DO have some of the developers input, doing so in their own downtime so to speak) Otherwise yes it would've been very beneficial /helpful from the get go for them to include something like these. I'd aim that at DB though, not the latest owners who kinda inherited the Status Quo. Here's a secondary thought which may need a different thread... I sincerely commend those who have put thier time, MONEY 💷 and energy ino these game helps... My question is... Those who put these tools/sheets etc together, would you like WRG to take it over, buy you out, or leave it to us (the Community) meaning "we got this, leave it with us"?
  • Options
    OttoOtto ✭✭✭
    my favourite and most amazing things of the game

1) collecting, fusing, equipping and finally immortalizing crew. this includes getting the cards as rewards on voyages or in beholds, merit pulls etc as well as getting cites and behold in honor sales
    2) competing in events. as boring as they may be, it feels great when I decide to go for a good rank (for a good card) and it works out well, which means a place in top1000 or even top750 for me.
    3) crew slot and item management. because the spots are limited, also the replicator uses per day. which item from which source? what do I need for equipping crew, what for the next galaxy event...
  • Options
    #1 - That the game is still around.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, that after the DBacle

the game is still around is also my #1.

#2 Various improvements over the years which made things more comfy/faster.

#3 A community that cares passionately about the franchise.