Home The Bridge
Options

[Poll] If you could buy Credits with Honor, would you?

Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in The Bridge
So many people here (including me) have spoken about the credit crunch since Voyages were added to the game. I refill with the Saturday Cadet Challenge, and still occasionally have to buy drips and drabs of credits with Dilithium when leveling crew. So what if you could buy Credits in the Honor Hall? Would you?

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"

[Poll] If you could buy Credits with Honor, would you? 198 votes

Yes, absolutely — I'm always running out of credits!
6%
AmphistaffCanAus ToddJhamel[QH] OxmyxJim SteeleCpt. Caveman[SFW] Quick ClaudeThe Great GornholioCFOHSilverknightInquisitor Troi-RikerStealthFrenzyAnderoo 12 votes
Maybe. It would depend on how much they cost and how many you got for the price.
26%
izausome<TGE> DangerDrakeCaptain_WhoKnight Ranger[ISA] RavenCaptain TF[GoT] jess-gayXoiikuData1001RocpileCapt. ChaosMcCaptainfaceNad Halehmigascruffy151[TUFG] Doctor XLilac Erosion Hungry Dog DDMLarxeneLocutus_of_Borg_ 53 votes
No, but I would like to see some other way of acquiring significant amounts of credits.
21%
Skizzy • VIP0 • §ëWarrior Willo[RO]BitterDevilSabine of AthensCaptain Durf[DB:DB] DebeXo | das411[TFA] Celeres[QH] He-Who-Meows[PAaA] Peanut3141HaBlack[TLA]  84wbStygianKTzPallidyneHassinator[BL] Q Brunt, FCA12345678 of 123456789Warlord of East 42 votes
No, not interested in this option at all.
44%
AstrometricsJeanLucKirkPeachtree RexAviTrek/SSR/ Captain S'log[KM]VidemThe FishCaptainUnderpants[NDQ] Joker41NAMpbertZombie Squirrel V.Magisse William T. RikerIvanstoneJim RaynorGrant77Kostas RikerGrumpfer[CAB595] Emrys Myrddin 88 votes
I don't care. Polls are stupid. Why did I even open this thread?
1%
[SoCo] Dr. AcularWWIII Flying Ace RimmerHaere Lintesereg 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe. It would depend on how much they cost and how many you got for the price.
    I was thinking about the amounts, and I thought perhaps 100,000 Credits could be purchased for 150 Honor, and 1 million Credits for 1500 Honor. But I haven't done any calculations to how those numbers might compare with outright credit purchases, so I'm curious as to what anyone else thinks about amounts and Honor cost.

• Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hard to answer. It would depend, but on more than just what you list in your maybe option. Right now, I'm hoarding for no good reason. So I probably wouldn't because of my nature - I'd think they're too valuable to spend on credits, even though I'm currently not spending them on anything else.

I don't pretend this makes sense.
  • Options
    MagisseMagisse ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    If I could buy credits with:
    1 - Replicator Rations
    2 - Starbase Components
    3 - Ship Schematics
    4 - Trainers
    5 - Basic Spices
    I would totally do it. Even with totally unfair ratios. Honour? Hell no. That stuff's valuable.
    Agree. Selling the overflow of useless components would make sense for me. But I have plenty of unfused characters that would be a better use of honor.
  • Options
    I wouldn't spend honour in anything that isn't characters or citations.

That said, meh. It wouldn't hurt me if they added that option. The Honour Hall is already filled with stuff I ignore.
    "Dance with me. For science."
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A trading post would be nice. Select what you want to trade for. Credits, honor, etc. then dump your useless junk into it kind of like dumping stuff into the replicator. Then you come out with however much that junk is worth. I would love to dump my 672 3 star 9 hour shuttle boosts in there. Get something for them cuz I will never use them
  • Options
    If they were cheap enough yes. They would have to be very cheap though. I love adding stars to my favorite legendarys and wouldn’t want to slow that down.

I’ve run into credit problem twice since voyages started. Mostly I replicate 3* and less. I can rep 4 a day. If i start getting too low I just rep encoded or holos.
  • Options
    [BL] Q [BL] Q ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but I would like to see some other way of acquiring significant amounts of credits.
    Your literally asking for something that they took away on dismissing crew. Honor by itself is a pretty poor return on dismissing crew if it was additional to the trainers and credits like before it still wouldn't be a great return for $100's airlocked but would be an improvement on the current structure.
  • Options
    Good poll fleetmate, I would in certain situations but would also prefer to use something other than my valuable honor to exchange for credits. I like Enterprisewasbest's idea of an exchange trading post. I have thousands of completely useless schematics now, more rep rations than I could ever use in a lifetime and many other items that need to be useful. Still in a pinch I would like the option to use honor for credits if they were really needed.
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be a way to exchange all currencies: chronitons/credits/honor/trainers/equipment.
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    One rep ration per day for me, so credits have never been and never will be an issue.
  • Options
    No. I have considerably less honor than credits. However, if you could buy honor with credits then I'd go for it.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. I have considerably less honor than credits. However, if you could buy honor with credits then I'd go for it.

Currently you can get 50 honour for 90K credits. More if you're lucky. I do it all the time.

Ok, I actually do it to get 4/5* beholds but the 50-150 honour a pull helps me feel better.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    McDubhagen wrote: »
    Still in a pinch I would like the option to use honor for credits if they were really needed.

That's basically what I'm talking about — when you've gotten yourself into a situation where you could really use the credits but either don't want to spend Dilithium, or aren't able to do so.

But I also find myself coming down on a different side than the majority (happens a lot to me :D ), in regards to the perceived scarcity of Honor. For the kind of occasional purchase that I see something like this being used for, dropping even as much as 1500 Honor here and there doesn't feel like a lot, when you should be earning that amount in a couple of days anyway.

• Options
    Unless your going to open up trading options at Faction stores for faction items, then being able to trade honor for something more valuable then credits must be more important. Credits gave become valuable, see Leader broads of all 3 divisions. You have to earn credits (or buy) and merits. These are the last of the road blocks before they raise the cost on equipping.
  • Options
    I've always maintained that it takes some real effort to entirely deplete your credits---like constantly replicating gold-level items, which you just shouldn't be doing as a matter of practicality, the glut of replicator rations be damned. I think the current weekly in-flow is decent as-is, but having additional resource conversion options or earning opportunities in-game would be fine for those so inclined.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Options
    No to buying credits with honor. This is DB we are dealing with and going from crew to honor to credits is a huge diminishing returns. If you want to throw away a 4* for a small handful of credits I guess that is your choice but I personally think it is not a good idea.
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to buying credits with honor. This is DB we are dealing with and going from crew to honor to credits is a huge diminishing returns. If you want to throw away a 4* for a small handful of credits I guess that is your choice but I personally think it is not a good idea.

Who's main source of honor is discards anymore? lol
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely — I'm always running out of credits!
    I would, certainly. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Grant77Grant77 ✭✭✭✭
    I want to trade rep fuel for honour/credits.
  • Options
    Anything else than citations for 5 stars is a waste of honor.

Patience and voyages give you everything else.

If they add it to the honor hall it's just anithing in there I personally would ignore.

Now if we are talking about adding a room in the star base to convert unwanted items/schematics/training programs etc to credits that's a solution. Give us quarks market with a horrible conversion rate if you want (its quark after all), but a sensible way to dump items and gain credits.

Honor is for citations, and Kahless and the unique characters in there.
  • Options
    Maybe, but it would have to be a pretty incredible exchange rate. I would rather have the option of a market place where I could sell stuff back, even if the exchange rate was horrible. I have tens of thousands of trainers that will never be used (I've calculated that I have enough to level every single character I own and I would still have thousands of 5* trainers left over, without even touching lower star trainers)
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    I picked up 2.5 million credits this Galaxy Event by running supply kits.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    ... So what if you could buy Credits in the Honor Hall? Would you?

Could you do a poll on those items reversed (HP <-> Credits)? I'm guessing the community's response may be a tad better...
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    90k credits already buys 50+ honor. So if they offered it as a straight purchase it would have to be a lot better to lose the chance at getting better crew.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Captain Q wrote: »

Could you do a poll on those items reversed (HP <-> Credits)? I'm guessing the community's response may be a tad better...

You think so? I would find it hard to believe that a majority of players would give up their credits for Honor.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which now that I think about it means any honor for credits would have to be worse than 90k for 50 honor. Likely 50 or 100 honor to get 50k credits. Otherwise you could buy a pack, convert the crew to honor, trade honor for credits and cycle through constantly growing your credits.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »
    Which now that I think about it means any honor for credits would have to be worse than 90k for 50 honor. Likely 50 or 100 honor to get 50k credits. Otherwise you could buy a pack, convert the crew to honor, trade honor for credits and cycle through constantly growing your credits.

In my initial reply, I suggested a possible cost amount: 150 Honor for 100k credits, or 1500 Honor for 1 million credits.

• Options
    Captain QCaptain Q ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Captain Q wrote: »

You think so? I would find it hard to believe that a majority of players would give up their credits for Honor.

I think for every person out there running out of credits, there's probably another who's flushed with cash, or who need something else (like HP) much more badly than credits. If a poll is done taking that into account as well, the picture will be more clear and less biased towards any one item only...

I'd take polled data over theoretical hypothesis any day... That way, you'll know for sure who to shoot! >:)
    In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    dkpeh3e9layw.jpg

1 1/2 years later and things are a lot different these days. I would still say no for my poll answer but that is because I can replicate eight 4 and 5 :star: equipment daily and never run out of credits. I only level event crew and the occasional 5 :star: from a begold so it's not like I need to worry about the cost of crafting. Then since this post was created we can now adwarp cadet missions and we have skirmishes.