Home The Bridge
Options

[Poll] If you could buy Credits with Honor, would you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, not interested in this option at all.
    I was struggling to maintain a decent balance of credits until I finished levelling all my crew, right around the time collections were introduced. I now have over 72 million credits, with nothing to spend them on... yet my honor debt is seemingly infinite!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Webberoni wrote: »
    I was struggling to maintain a decent balance of credits until I finished levelling all my crew, right around the time collections were introduced. I now have over 72 million credits, with nothing to spend them on... yet my honor debt is seemingly infinite!

90k credits can be turned into 50+ honor easily. Assuming an average of 70 honor per portal, your 72 million credits can be turned into 56k honor. You have a 5* citation in credits just sitting there waiting for you to convert it.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

Basic 10x pulls drop 50 honor each at bare minimum, and perhaps 75 on average given the rate at which additional 1-3* crew drop. Barring any 4*/5* surprises and keeping at least a few million in reserve for power leveling event crew, you could buy maybe 750 packs with your credit stockpile and could get enough honor for another citation without much trouble. I started doing this when I hit 20 million in the bank and haven’t regretted it once.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other way around. Allow me a better way to buy honor with credits than the 90k packs that have only on average 62 or so honor per pack.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2019
    AviTrek wrote: »

90k credits can be turned into 50+ honor easily. Assuming an average of 70 honor per portal, your 72 million credits can be turned into 56k honor. You have a 5* citation in credits just sitting there waiting for you to convert it.

haha I hadn't bothered to do the math, as the credits just sort of built up on me... good point!

EDIT: Dirk too!
  • Options
    I wouldnt spend honor on anything but honor hall.
    I think credits should be done away with for two reasons. First there are too many currency types and start trek never had credits.
    Second the use for them to build items is triple charging. We have to spend chrons to run missions or battles to obtain components. Then we have to use credits to combine those components to build an item. Chrons/components/credits to get one item built. Triple charging. But im sure that wont happen. So my solution...problem was solved when i stopped using credits in faction center, merits only. And i buy a second set of sat cadets. Usually twice a month.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, absolutely — I'm always running out of credits!
    Credits aren't an issue anymore, we have Saturday cadets, an abundance of trainers from voyages and shuttle missions, that coulpled with the fact that I am running out of crew to level means the credit crunch is not an issue anymore

DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt spend honor on anything but honor hall.
    I think credits should be done away with for two reasons. First there are too many currency types and start trek never had credits.

The concept of money in Trek was always a tough one. Roddenberry was against it, as apparently having a medium of exchange didn’t fit into his utopian vision of the future, but the concept came up anyway from time to time. Latinum was obviously a standardized currency at least by the 24th century but “credits” were mentioned on multiple occasions in TOS/TAS, in one of the Short Treks, and once each in TNG/DS9/VOY. Most references didn’t quite say the credit was from the Federation (leaving the issuing entity a mystery) but “Federation credits” were specifically referenced in the negotiations for the Barzan wormhole in TNG.

Although I can understand Gene’s motivation for excluding money from his vision, even in a nominally post-scarcity economy as the 24th century Federation is (at least for the absolute basics of food, water, and shelter), there is a finite limit to certain medicines and chemicals that cannot be replicated (which drives the plot of many episodes), services, transportation, advanced technology, and luxury items that could be replicated but have more intrinsic value when they are grown or made naturally. Reducing a major galactic power to having a barter-only system for both internal and external trades in such items just doesn’t make sense and I am pleased to see that writers from time to time recognize this, even if it’s only expedient to the plot of a given episode.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe. It would depend on how much they cost and how many you got for the price.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    A trading post would be nice. Select what you want to trade for. Credits, honor, etc. then dump your useless junk into it kind of like dumping stuff into the replicator. Then you come out with however much that junk is worth. I would love to dump my 672 3 star 9 hour shuttle boosts in there. Get something for them cuz I will never use them

I love this idea. Even if the prices were unfair, it's a great option for clearing inventory or exchanging something in an urgent situation.
  • Options
    eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but I would like to see some other way of acquiring significant amounts of credits.
    Anytime i get up around 40,000 honor, i always blow through however many credits I have stockpiled and use them to buy 90K packs to try to farm for honor.

Based on the low-end estimate of 90K credits for 50 honor (one 2* in a pack), the ratio I always use is 1800 credits per one honor, so if I need 1000 honor it means i have to farm up to 1.8 million credits, then buy that many 90K packs, and rinse/repeat for larger numbers.

doing this would be SO MUCH EASIER if we could sell off, for credits, all of those ship schematics that have already been maxed out...or replicator rations I don't need...or starbase jars I also don't need...or components i don't need...it would basically be a giant one-time pile of found money and who could complain about that? :)
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, but I would like to see some other way of acquiring significant amounts of credits.
    I think honor is too rare a commodity to exchange for credits, it's bad enough teasing newer players with extra gold trainers in exchange for honor.

I'm at a point in the game where I don't to have to level up my crew as intensely as I felt I had to previously, although the last skirmish was my last levelling bash and I noticed the supply kit couldn't keep up with the number of crew I was levelling at the same time. But having said that if you ease of the levelling process between skirmishes. Your credits do recover significantly enough.

I have 10 legendaries not FE although
    6 of them are left at various levels to grow via campaigns.
    1 is Garak who I am levelling for current event,
    mirror reed dropped yesterday so keeping him at level 1 for now but will probably enter the campaign trickle feed in due course,
    Phoenix Cochrane is in the messages currently, and that leaves Admiral Cartwright well I wonder whether I'll ever get around to levelling him lol.

As for the super rares I have 15 not FE (+ 5 dupes who I may or may not level). 3 crew are a priority being Spock and T'Pol and Fierce Guinan who will get the final star from the campaigns, but I can still take my time on her and the rest are pretty minor characters, Toby Russell, Karr, Grayson, Tash, Eddington et al.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO