Home The Bridge
Options

How to select a new sq leader after removing the old one

JanewayRocks2JanewayRocks2 ✭✭✭
edited October 2021 in The Bridge
Hi folks, I’ve been searching the forum in hopes of an answer, but haven’t found one yet. I have many times removed a squadron leader who was inactive for months, and the game seems to randomly select a new leader from the remaining squadron crew. Is there any way to steer this process? I have one squadron where there is a specific person we’d like to take charge… how can I make certain he’s the new squadron leader of his squad?
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    The only way I can think of is to ask the new leader to disband the quadron and have the one you want reform it.
  • Options
    @Gib - Admiral Mariners , yes we did that eventually. But it would be nice if there were an easier way 😃
  • Options
    I agree totally agree
  • Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    The squadron leader can appoint a new leader (by clicking to see the profile of the squadron members) , which I think it's ok. The leader "owns" the squadron, if he doesn't want to leave his command, and the members don't agree, they can always leave the squad for a new one. As a fleet admiral, I'm not sure what options you have, other than kick him out completely if there is someone you don't want to be a squadron leader no matter what.

l9n58a5eb39e.png
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleet admirals don't have much in the way of options...
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    JimBerlinJimBerlin ✭✭✭
    edited October 2021
    It is random chance when you dismiss the active leader, in my experience. A squad leader was inactive and booted and it chose a random newbie of the two members remaining. After that, the newbie/newly crowned squad leader went incommunicado and was dismissed for inactivity. Before dismissing, we loaded the squad with active people on our discord so it could be easily transfered or disbanded thereafter.
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    This is indeed a problem of admirals having no controls to manage fleets when things of this nature happen. Same ongoing issue forever. Recently, we tried something new moving admiral to that squad, then sending a ticket for an unresponsive inactive squad lead to have WRG manually assign admiral as squad lead, it was granted.
  • Options
    This sounds to me like a QOL update for a future update. I think a fleet Admiral (and perhaps even Officers) should have controls to assign squad leaders as needed. Of course the ideal method is to only transfer squad leadership with someone that is currently online. Currently only a squad leader can transfer leadership, but if that person is inactive, the whole system fails.