Home Ready Room
Options

Minimal crew for cadet missions

Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
edited November 2017 in Ready Room
What is the minimal crew for cadet mission? I heard it's seven crew for weekdays, but I am actually using ten:

Cadet Sito Jaxa
CMO Crusher
Dabo Girl Leeta
Enterprise-D Picard
Festive Jadzia Dax
Lt Naomi Wildman
Major Kira
Nurse Kes
Security Chief Worf
Seven in Blue

For weekends I use:

B'Etor Duras
Commando Crusher
Expedition Vash
Lursa Duras
Maquis Takeover Torres
Racquetball Bashir
Subcommander T'Pol
Talos IV Spock

I want on epic to be able to crit every reward node with 100% and succeed every away mission with 100%. With this crew I do. Is there a more efficient setup?

For weekdays I have all crew FFFE, for weekends I face more restrictions, but have about 80% of the existing crew available.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    KantKant ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Cadet Sito Jaxa
    CMO Crusher
    Ensign Sato
    Ensign Seska
    Festive Jadzia Dax
    Gaia Odo
    Lt Naomi Wildman
    Major Kira
    Nurse Kes
    Persis
    Security Chief Worf
    Seven in Blue

For weekends I use:

Captain Dathon
    Commander Kang
    Doctor Selar
    Donik
    Ensign Mendon
    Ensign Robin Lefler
    Klingon Dukat
    Lieutenant Saavik
    Lursa Duras
    Lwaxana Troi
    Private S. Money
    Talos IV Spock
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    Kant wrote: »
    Cadet Sito Jaxa
    CMO Crusher
    Ensign Sato
    Ensign Seska
    Festive Jadzia Dax
    Gaia Odo
    Lt Naomi Wildman
    Major Kira
    Nurse Kes
    Persis
    Security Chief Worf
    Seven in Blue

For weekends I use:

Captain Dathon
    Commander Kang
    Doctor Selar
    Donik
    Ensign Mendon
    Ensign Robin Lefler
    Klingon Dukat
    Lieutenant Saavik
    Lursa Duras
    Lwaxana Troi
    Private S. Money
    Talos IV Spock

Well...that is MORE than I use...I am locking for a minimum amount of crew to be able to do all the missions. My question is if the crew I use could yet be reduced further.
  • Options
    Once you crit all nodes, you will only be going for specific items... usually 0* Holoprograms, Science Experiments Ancient Films, and Translation Algorithms, 2* Security Codes and Novels, and an occasional specialty item if needed. So at that point, you can reduce your 2* crew to about 7-8 and 3* crew to about 6 (Saturdays most people go for max credits and ignore items).
  • Options
    Once you crit all nodes, you will only be going for specific items... usually 0* Holoprograms, Science Experiments Ancient Films, and Translation Algorithms, 2* Security Codes and Novels, and an occasional specialty item if needed. So at that point, you can reduce your 2* crew to about 7-8 and 3* crew to about 6 (Saturdays most people go for max credits and ignore items).

So what is the smallest 2 star you can use to achieve this?
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭

This is not necessarily true for me. Credits are of no concern to me, I earn more than I can spend (only 2 replications) and thus I go for items more than for credits.

I also go for more variety on items than suggested. Films I have more than enough, given that virtually every faction event has Federation missions. Translation Algorithms are too cheap to farm with chrons as to go for them in faction missions. It's been a while that I was short on Science Experiments (currently 50+) or Holoprograms (currently 40+).

Can my crew reduced further (with other crew if necessary) in order to be able to do all missions on epic? Thanks.
  • Options
    RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Hope_F wrote: »
    Cadet Sito Jaxa -> YES
    CMO Crusher -> YES
    Dabo Girl Leeta -> YES
    Enterprise-D Picard -> YES
    Festive Jadzia Dax -> YES
    Lt Naomi Wildman -> yes (or Seska, who I prefer due to SEC).
    Major Kira -> yes, but not really needed, I never run EPIC missions on Thursday so SESKA covers all SEC needs.
    Nurse Kes -> YES
    Security Chief Worf -> YES
    Seven in Blue -> not really needed.

For weekends I use:

B'Etor Duras -> sure.
    Commando Crusher -> no, go for TROI or KES
    Expedition Vash -> sure, Money works too.
    Lursa Duras -> YES
    Maquis Takeover Torres -> YES
    Racquetball Bashir -> no, go for TROI or KES
    Subcommander T'Pol -> try to switch to SAAVIK, she has a stronger combo of SCI/CMD.
    Talos IV Spock -> YES

I've indicated the ones to use AFTER you have crit all the nodes.
    To crit the nodes you need other crew, such as 2* Odo or Persis or Data etc. Check the wiki, you only need them once though so if you time it that they hit 100 on the day you use them then you can cryo them right after.
    --> for 2*s you can basically cut down 2 crew (but you need to switch Naomi out for Seska)

For the 3*s there are a ton of options. For MED you actually have three options that can work; TROI, KES (I use her) and EZRI. The same goes for DIP and SEC.
    --> so for 3*s you can reduce by 1 crew, you might even be able to reduce by two is you let EZRI double hat for SEC/MED ... but I've not tried that yet, though have heard it works.

Conclusion
    You can save yourself 3 crew spots.

Again, other crew are better to crit nodes due to bonuses but they only need to be used once. Check the wiki for the best crew to fit the nodes that you still have a star on.

ps - you can reduce the total 2* and 3* crew to 7 if you really are in need of open crew slots ... but I thought you'd want to be able to run all possible missions.
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Cadet Sito Jaxa -> YES
    CMO Crusher -> YES
    Dabo Girl Leeta -> YES
    Enterprise-D Picard -> YES
    Festive Jadzia Dax -> YES
    Lt Naomi Wildman -> yes (or Seska, who I prefer due to SEC).
    Major Kira -> yes, but not really needed, I never run EPIC missions on Thursday so SESKA covers all SEC needs.
    Nurse Kes -> YES
    Security Chief Worf -> YES
    Seven in Blue -> not really needed.

For weekends I use:

B'Etor Duras -> sure.
    Commando Crusher -> no, go for TROI or KES
    Expedition Vash -> sure, Money works too.
    Lursa Duras -> YES
    Maquis Takeover Torres -> YES
    Racquetball Bashir -> no, go for TROI or KES
    Subcommander T'Pol -> try to switch to SAAVIK, she has a stronger combo of SCI/CMD.
    Talos IV Spock -> YES

I've indicated the ones to use AFTER you have crit all the nodes.
    To crit the nodes you need other crew, such as 2* Odo or Persis or Data etc. Check the wiki, you only need them once though so if you time it that they hit 100 on the day you use them then you can cryo them right after.
    --> for 2*s you can basically cut down 2 crew (but you need to switch Naomi out for Seska)

For the 3*s there are a ton of options. For MED you actually have three options that can work; TROI, KES (I use her) and EZRI. The same goes for DIP and SEC.
    --> so for 3*s you can reduce by 1 crew, you might even be able to reduce by two is you let EZRI double hat for SEC/MED ... but I've not tried that yet, though have heard it works.

Conclusion
    You can save yourself 3 crew spots.

Again, other crew are better to crit nodes due to bonuses but they only need to be used once. Check the wiki for the best crew to fit the nodes that you still have a star on.

ps - you can reduce the total 2* and 3* crew to 7 if you really are in need of open crew slots ... but I thought you'd want to be able to run all possible missions.

Thanks!

First, I misspoke when I wrote, that I want to crit all nodes 100%...I already did that...I wanted to say I want to HIT all nodes 100%.

I actually have tried without Seven, but I found her combination of SCI and ENG is needed in one particular mission (not sure which one it was). The same goes for Bashir, his combination of SCI and MED is pretty good and helps a lot. Troi or Kes I have thought about too, both are not ready yet but in the making. But if I see this correctly it is still not possible to get rid of Bashir, since I need him for "First conflict" on Saturday, which I run from time to time. The same is true for "Of Two Evils" (final mission on Saturday). Or how would I approach those two missions?

It is true that I also never run epic missions on Thursdays. Maybe that's enough to get rid of Kira, I will check. I am not sure if that's enough to get rid of Seven too. I will check it out next week.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

I actually have tried without Seven, but I found her combination of SCI and ENG is needed in one particular mission (not sure which one it was). The same goes for Bashir, his combination of SCI and MED is pretty good and helps a lot. Troi or Kes I have thought about too, both are not ready yet but in the making. But if I see this correctly it is still not possible to get rid of Bashir, since I need him for "First conflict" on Saturday, which I run from time to time. The same is true for "Of Two Evils" (final mission on Saturday). Or how would I approach those two missions?

It is true that I also never run epic missions on Thursdays. Maybe that's enough to get rid of Kira, I will check. I am not sure if that's enough to get rid of Seven too. I will check it out next week.

I haven't had Seven on my crew for eons and have no problems running all Elite missions on Thursday (though I have Seska over Naomi and no Kira).
    I think the key is not to be afraid to fail a node that does not provide a reward. In the past I always wanted to pass each node, but I realised that the traits on the final nodes are key and will let you fail a previous node (ideally one that has no reward).
    And so ...

First Conflict
    I run ...
    DIP - no rewards so I purposely fail it.
    SEC - Spock
    MED - Kes or ENG - Torres.
    SEC - Spock
    SCI - Saavik, she even gets a boost for being Federation, you'll never fail this node with one failure.

Of Two Evils
    ENG - no rewards so you can fail it.
    DIP - L. Troi, or in your case B'Etor Duras.
    SCI - Saavik
    DIP - L. Troi, or in your case B'Etor Duras.
    CMD - Lursa Duras, she gets a bonus for being Klingon and will neer fail this node with one failure.

Voila. Easy as pie. :) Ditch that Bashir I say and get in some new crew. :)
  • Options
    Seven in Blue's SCI/ENG combo is used in Of Two Evils
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Conflict
    I run ...
    DIP - no rewards so I purposely fail it.
    SEC - Spock
    MED - Kes or ENG - Torres.
    SEC - Spock
    SCI - Saavik, she even gets a boost for being Federation, you'll never fail this node with one failure.

There's another good option here (since this is usually the mission I also run on Sundays, for the 2* Encoded Communique it drops). Once you've cleared the MED node and gotten that rare reward, you can freeze whoever you used for that... then use the following:
    DIP = Lwaxana
    SEC = Talos IV Spock (though others with good SEC like Third Remata'Klan will also work)
    ENG = Mendon
    SEC = Spock again
    SCI = Mendon again

On Saturdays, I always run the same mission since it drops the most credits: Breakwater. And for that I use Lwaxana, Money, and Saavik. So, five 3* crew are all I basically ever use for weekend challenges. All the rest of the rares (except for Kang, who I use in Arena) are frozen.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Seven in Blue's SCI/ENG combo is used in Of Two Evils

So yes, you can then drop Seven too.

ENG - No rewards so fail.
    DIP - Leeta
    SCI - J. Dax
    DIP - Leeta
    MED - Kes, she gets a bonus for her Prodigy trait and will never fail this node. (Note that the ACC version of this mission does not have the Prodigy trait so that is why you go CMD with Lursa, as Kes might fail there!)

Voila.

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On weekdays you should be able to get by with 7 if you don't need epic on thursdays. The seven I use are Kes, Crusher, Dax, Sito Jaxa, Persis, Seska, Yar. I believe all missions can be cleared 100% with this seven at elite on thursdays and epic the other days of the week. Some of the clears involve intentional fails and using trait bonuses.

For weekends I use Kang, Lwaxana Troi, Money, Saavik, Torres, Lursa, and Kes (Selar works as well), but there are a lot more options for this.
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    There's another good option here (since this is usually the mission I also run on Sundays, for the 2* Encoded Communique it drops). Once you've cleared the MED node and gotten that rare reward, you can freeze whoever you used for that... then use the following:
    DIP = Lwaxana
    SEC = Talos IV Spock (though others with good SEC like Third Remata'Klan will also work)
    ENG = Mendon
    SEC = Spock again
    SCI = Mendon again

On Saturdays, I always run the same mission since it drops the most credits: Breakwater. And for that I use Lwaxana, Money, and Saavik. So, five 3* crew are all I basically ever use for weekend challenges. All the rest of the rares (except for Kang, who I use in Arena) are frozen.

That's a good option ... though, you could drop SPOCK too then if you have KANG on your crew. Save yourself another spot. :) I'm currently with SPOCK and KES on the Nova Class vessel (wanted to try something else), not bad combo, though battles take ages.

I also only really run one Saturday mission for the credits. I like to keep my Sunday options open so that is why I have the full 7 around.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a good option ... though, you could drop SPOCK too then if you have KANG on your crew. Save yourself another spot. :)

Very good point! ;) I only added Kang back into the mix a week or so ago, when I was reminded of his usefulness in Arena. Just got so used to using Spock in that mission, I guess.

• Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    Alright, thanks guys, this helps a lot. I actually have Kang for Arena, so I can use him instead of Spock.

My new setup will probably be as follows.

Weekdays:
    Cadet Sito Jaxa
    CMO Crusher
    Dabo Girl Leeta
    Enterprise-D Picard
    Festive Jadzia Dax
    Ensign Seska (unfreeze and freeze Naomi instead)
    Nurse Kes
    Security Chief Worf

Weekends:
    B'Etor Duras
    Commander Kang
    Temporal Shift Kes
    Expedition Vash
    Lursa Duras
    Maquis Takeover Torres
    Subcommander T'Pol

That way I can freeze:
    Seven in Blue
    Major Kira
    Talos IV Spock
    Commando Crusher
    Racquetball Bashir

All I need now is to level up Temporal Shift Kes.

What I don't see how to get weekday crew down to seven, as was suggested. With Enterprise-D Picard missing I don't see who will do the Federation DIP nodes...I believe there is a mandatory final node in "Talk Less, Smile More" with a requirement of 325, which no other crew can provide (if not replaced 1:1).
  • Options
    DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Enterprise-D Picard missing I don't see who will do the Federation DIP nodes...I believe there is a mandatory final node in "Talk Less, Smile More" with a requirement of 325, which no other crew can provide (if not replaced 1:1).

Festive Jadzia clears it with her gambler trait.

• Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »
    With Enterprise-D Picard missing I don't see who will do the Federation DIP nodes...I believe there is a mandatory final node in "Talk Less, Smile More" with a requirement of 325, which no other crew can provide (if not replaced 1:1).

Nice, thanks...I guess Jaxa will be able to clear two CMD nodes in a row there...I will see tomorrow...
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017

Nice, thanks...I guess Jaxa will be able to clear two CMD nodes in a row there...I will see tomorrow...

I think that's possible, but actually, I believe Festive Jadzia can clear the middle DIP node, as well — depending on your starbase bonus. For me, she has 270 DIP base, and 28-69 proficiency. So she only needs to roll 55 in order to pass that node.

EDIT: I couldn't remember for sure when I posted this, so I didn't include this extra tidbit of info — but as confirmed just now, even if you do fail that middle DIP (or CMD) node, Jadzia still has plenty of juice to pass the final node.

• Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

I think that's possible, but actually, I believe Festive Jadzia can clear the middle DIP node, as well — depending on your starbase bonus. For me, she has 270 DIP base, and 28-69 proficiency. So she only needs to roll 55 in order to pass that node.

EDIT: I couldn't remember for sure when I posted this, so I didn't include this extra tidbit of info — but as confirmed just now, even if you do fail that middle DIP (or CMD) node, Jadzia still has plenty of juice to pass the final node.

I tried it out. You can fail that node (no reward) and Jadzia still will always succeed in the final mission (Starbase lvl 6).
  • Options
    Am I just missing out on what I should be doing then? I just have 3. Cadet Sito Jaxa and 2 other random ones that I'm currently leveling. I do the Epic "Bravery in Action" fail 4 of 5 and she passes 407 CMD every time on the last node.
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    JamesM wrote: »
    Am I just missing out on what I should be doing then? I just have 3. Cadet Sito Jaxa and 2 other random ones that I'm currently leveling. I do the Epic "Bravery in Action" fail 4 of 5 and she passes 407 CMD every time on the last node.

I am not sure I understand your question. If you could check your grammar and make your problem a little clearer, I am sure somebody will be able to help.
  • Options
    ClanofClanof ✭✭✭
    I just did a pretty brutal parsing of my cadets. If you just plan ahead which missions you want to do and not worry about having cadets that can cover every mission you can cut it down further. If you want to do a different mission later it's not a big deal since you can just unfreeze people.

I can get all the rewards I want for all weekdays with just four cadets: Ro, Yar, Seven and Troi.
  • Options

You'll want to at least pass the nodes that give out rewards ... for Bravery in Action that is the second (MED), third (SEC) and last (CMD or MED).

Basically with Sito and 2 other random ones you'll want to run a Normal or Elite mission to take advantage of their skills and get 3 rewards per run.
    You may like the idea of getting 25 chronitons for a success there, but the two extra items you could pick up if you passed those nodes are worth chronitons too ... For example, the 1* Authorization Code is worth around 14 chronitons and the 0* Medical Tricorder 10 ... so if you would get those two and a 2* Security Code you are actually getting 50 chonitons worth of "stuff" on success of the mission ... now if you only got the 2* Security Code then you're getting 25 chronitons worth of "stuff".
    Even if you do not use those two items immediately, in the long run you are saving yourself chronitons, as fo sure you'll be levelling crew that need an Authorization Code or a Medical Tricorder.

--> if you run Talk Less, Smile More at Normal you can hit 4 of 5 nodes with Sito (and pass them all) with just #4 done by someone else ... this will give you 3 rewards and 15 chronitons ... those rewards are worth 20 chrons in total (on average) and you could pick up a medical experiment too (faction only) ... giving you a possible value of 35 chrons.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    This is not necessarily true for me. Credits are of no concern to me, I earn more than I can spend (only 2 replications) and thus I go for items more than for credits.
    Right answer to that is to start replicate golds and purples and not to farm trash items on saturday. Saves more chrons/faction grinding that way. And believe me, two 250k replications per day will reduce your Credit reserve to zero pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Hope_FHope_F ✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    al103 wrote: »
    Right answer to that is to start replicate golds and purples and not to farm trash items on saturday. Saves more chrons/faction grinding that way. And believe me, two 250k replications per day will reduce your Credit reserve to zero pretty quickly.

I do only super-rare or legendary replicates. Credits are no issue for me. I have more than I can spend. I buy in the faction centers 0* holograms and other stuff I need and still have too much. More concern, even with voyages, and I do them all the time, are actually replicator rations. But I am at a point now where I also get lots of them too, so this becomes less of an issue as well. Often it's that I do not even have legendary items to replicate. I level all my crew I get from events that have more than one star (i.e. 1x 4/4 during galaxy events and 1x 4/4, 1x 3/4 during faction events. I am not participating in the ridiculous grind in galaxy events after I hit the 130k mark). I don't have any such crew left to level. I am also through with 100% of green and about 50% of blue crew. I do not care about 1/4 and often not about 2/4, except on rare occasions when I want them as event crew or they are good in gauntlet. I do not get legendary crew as a non payer, and 1/5 legendary crew is in most cases not worth it anyway (except gauntlet crew). So there is just not enough for me to do with credits. I also do not replicate legendary items just because I have the money...when I needed legendary Quantum Chronometer for Buster Kincaid I did not replicate it, since I am drowning in 0* Quantum Chronometers anyway (200+ in stock).

I do not have to go for the epic missions necessarily on Saturdays, although mostly I do. But I do not go for the highest one all the time and sometimes even go for elite or normal missions.

I don't have an issue with credits, this should be taken at face value when I say it once, I should not have to explain myself.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    What is the minimal crew for cadet mission? I heard it's seven crew for weekdays, but I am actually using ten:

Cadet Sito Jaxa
    CMO Crusher
    Dabo Girl Leeta
    Enterprise-D Picard
    Festive Jadzia Dax
    Lt Naomi Wildman
    Major Kira
    Nurse Kes
    Security Chief Worf
    Seven in Blue

For weekends I use:

B'Etor Duras
    Commando Crusher
    Expedition Vash
    Lursa Duras
    Maquis Takeover Torres
    Racquetball Bashir
    Subcommander T'Pol
    Talos IV Spock

I want on epic to be able to crit every reward node with 100% and succeed every away mission with 100%. With this crew I do. Is there a more efficient setup?

For weekdays I have all crew FFFE, for weekends I face more restrictions, but have about 80% of the existing crew available.

Thanks.

In order to pass every mission at epic, I have managed to get it down to 9 crew during the week and 7 for weekends.

Weekday:
    - CMD: Sito
    - DIP: Sato / Gaia Odo
    - ENG: Seska
    - SEC: Worf / Kira
    - MED: Crusher / Kes
    - SCI: Festive Jadzia

* I cut Odo, Kira and Kes, since I can farm all high priority items (ie: security codes**, idic*, idic**, encoded communique, encoded communique**, science experiment, science experiment*) without them. That gets my weekday count down to just 6 crew.

Weekends:
    - CMD: Lursa
    - DIP: Lwaxana
    - ENG: Torres
    - SEC: Money / Kang (due to using him in the arena)
    - MED: Selar
    - SCI: Saavik

A total of just 13 crew for good flexibility in challenges every day of the week!
  • Options
    Thanks @RaraRacing That was exactly what I needed to understand.
  • Options
    Thanks @RaraRacing That was exactly what I needed to understand.

you're welcome

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    How many times do I need to write this.
    You only need four for Saturday Cadet missions and these four can do all but last epic mission on Sunday need to add one more crew for that.

B’Etor Duras
    Lieutenant Saavik
    Sniper Ezri Dax
    Maquis Takeover Torres
    Sunday need someone who can succeed 100% on last node with one failure on first node. Many choices here are two
    Deanna Troi(Since not freezing do not need do build that l99 item combadge)
    or Klingon Dukat

The reason these four work is because of trait bonus.

Down Once More: Saavik and Dax
    A Question of Rights: Saavik and Torres for ENG node
    Talarian Coup: Torres ENG , Dax, B’Etor middle SEC
    The Coming Storm: MED Dax, B’Etor SEC DIP nodes and either Torres ENG or Saavik CMD

Breakwater: B’Etor and Saavik for both CMD nodes

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have way too many 2* Cadets.....

Immortalized = {*}

Festivus "Crazy Eyes" Dax {*}
    CMO Crusher {*}
    Persis {*}
    Lt. Tasha Yar{*}
    Seska {*}
    Sito Jaxa {*}
    Kes {*}
    Captain Kirk {*}
    Ensign Pazlar {*}
    Recovering Spock {*}
    Lt. Naomi Wildman {*}
    Lt. Com Saru {*}
    Worf {*}
    Leeta {*}
    Phlox {*}
    Major Kira {*}
    Seven in Blue {*}

Gaia Odo {Level 60, 2/4 Equipped}
    Ent D Picard {Level 83, 1/4 Equipped}

That cover all the Nodes for Monday through Friday?

Scott

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?