Home The Bridge
Options

The United Federation of Players is .... BORED! What about you?

Hiya again!

So I've come here today .... <a chorus of boos rings out> .... whoa whoa whoa ... please put down the pitch forks and torches and give me a minute to .... <ducks> .... hey now, tomatoes are completely uncalled for. <someone yells banana and throws it violently at Gabe> D'oh!

In the other thread entitled "An Appeal to WRG and a Proposal to the Community", I pointed out how stale and repetitive this game has become since WRG hasn't introduced any fresh new gameplay in 2-3 years. I proposed forming a temporary coalition Fleet to spice things up a bit which was received with mixed reviews. I won't go into details here but people either really loved the idea or hated it with a passion.

Lost in that thread however was the potential that the concept of a United Federation of Players has do other things. To come up with suggestions on how to improve the game for example. To present those same ideas to WRG as a united group. To show our displeasure towards WRG in game through various campaigns. These are just some examples of what different players form different Fleets can do when they work together.

The Coalition Fleet idea and the actual Coalition of Players are two separate things. Belonging to the latter does not imply having to do the former.

Dax sheppard, who hates the idea of the Coalition Fleet but joined the The United Federation of Players nonetheless, presented the idea of as many players as possible using the tag BORED in game to voice our discontent with WRG. We fully support this idea as it's something any player can do.

Whether you are a veteran or a new player, a "whale" or a VIP0, or anything and everything in between, your voice matters and together our unified voice has power. WRG runs this game but we, the players, are this game. Without us there is no game.

I am therefore appealing to everyone reading this post to add the tag BORED to your moniker, both in game and on this forum. It is a small gesture but a very powerful one if we can get a vast majority of the player base to do it.

Since only a small percentage of the players visit this forum, I would also ask that you spread the word among your Fleet, on Discord, Line, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, in the game UC (yes even there), or on any other chat App or social networking site where Timelines players can be found. The more players who join this campaign the more effective and compelling it will be.

If we stand together, speak together and act together, we can be a force for change.

If you're interested in being a part of the United Federation of Players server, join us here on Discord: https://discord.gg/HfwhCr5TxS

To be clear, members joining do not have to join the Coalition Fleet. We have separate channels for suggestions, general chat and the Coalition Fleet.
The Guardians of Tomorrow
Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
All are welcome to join and use the Bot.

Comments

• Options
    If all of the "BORED" players carried that tag in their name, and then proceeded to stage a login/spending strike for a weekend I think that message would get through to WRG.

Aside from that, I think the folks at WRG are pretty aware that there are only a dozen or so regular people who come to this forum, and even the fan stream only has 50 or so viewers on a good day.

So, I don't think it will succeed unless it is widespread and actually carries a financial message.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all of the "BORED" players carried that tag in their name, and then proceeded to stage a login/spending strike for a weekend I think that message would get through to WRG.

Aside from that, I think the folks at WRG are pretty aware that there are only a dozen or so regular people who come to this forum, and even the fan stream only has 50 or so viewers on a good day.

So, I don't think it will succeed unless it is widespread and actually carries a financial message.

They're getting 200-280 on YouTube for the main stream. And the last interview with Ben has 458 views. Plus whatever is on twitch. It's not thousands that would move the needle on game participation, but it's more than 50.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

They're getting 200-280 on YouTube for the main stream. And the last interview with Ben has 458 views. Plus whatever is on twitch. It's not thousands that would move the needle on game participation, but it's more than 50.

Truth be told "he who shall not register an account" is right. We get about 40-50 live viewers then about 200-300 on the YouTube repeats. It's a small community but we're doing our best and having fun along the way. What doesn't help is that we stream mid-day for US folks, with all of us being in the European timezone it's harder to get to the peak time. I imagine that number would double if we decided to stay up till about 3am ;)

The timing is def an issue in the US. When I was WFH I could sometimes watch at home while working if I wasn't busy. But if I'm in the office, I can't watch it live.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    What if you are not bored? I'm not bored.
  • Options

Truth be told "he who shall not register an account" is right.

Not offended, but my pronouns are "she" and "her"
  • Options
    Peets wrote: »

Then don't add the tag to your name.
    Fleet Admiral

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

Then be happy. It’s good to be where you are. Enjoy it and leave the misery for the rest of us.

Trying to start arguments isn’t going to help anything, then again, neither will super fleets or fleet tags.

Or negativity :smile:
  • Options

Then be happy. It’s good to be where you are. Enjoy it and leave the misery for the rest of us.

Trying to start arguments isn’t going to help anything, then again, neither will super fleets or fleet tags.

Or snarky little quips intended to poke at people and stir the pot.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    🍿
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

u0h4sx60i85j.png

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

u0h4sx60i85j.png

The thing is, you’re not making any points that would cause anyone to change their minds. You’re basically going “you’re wrong” over and over in various snarky ways.

Tell us why the game isn’t stale and repetitive.

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

u0h4sx60i85j.png

The thing is, you’re not making any points that would cause anyone to change their minds. You’re basically going “you’re wrong” over and over in various snarky ways.

Tell us why the game isn’t stale and repetitive.

I could not have said it better then Sinclair did.
  • Options
    I see you have been repeatedly given the suggestion of a tactic that you continue to ignore. Tags are not going to work. Also someone pointed out you may be overestimating the number of people who share your point of view. I play the game casually and I didn’t see a single tag since this post went up.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    3xjw2yctm6tj.png
    While I don’t agree with the strategy, I’ve seen them. And now, you can too.
  • Options
    3xjw2yctm6tj.png

Huh…I didn’t think to look at the top of the leaderboard. Perplexing.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    HaBlack wrote: »
    3xjw2yctm6tj.png

Huh…I didn’t think to look at the top of the leaderboard. Perplexing.

It also interesting to see that bored players are at the top. If they are bored, in what emotional state are those not near the top?

Speaking for myself, bored but not caring enough to make a fuss - nor to waste many hours doing something boring such that I rank prominently. I’m sitting on 120k chrons, and they will continue to build because there is nothing of particular interest to do with them.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    3xjw2yctm6tj.png

If players are bored, but still playing enough to rank at the top of the event, why does WRG care? They're playing. WRG would be more concerned with the players not playing/spending which is data they're already tracking without adding a tag to user names.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    3xjw2yctm6tj.png

If players are bored, but still playing enough to rank at the top of the event, why does WRG care? They're playing. WRG would be more concerned with the players not playing/spending which is data they're already tracking without adding a tag to user names.

That’s a valid point. To be honest though, I wonder how much data analysis TP does.
  • Options
    I see you have been repeatedly given the suggestion of a tactic that you continue to ignore. Tags are not going to work. Also someone pointed out you may be overestimating the number of people who share your point of view. I play the game casually and I didn’t see a single tag since this post went up.

I'm going to assume this was directed at me, and, because you weren't specific, I'm going to guess the tactic you're referring to is the financial boycott people have mentioned in other threads.

As I've already stated somewhere else, I'm "ignoring" that tactic because I don't agree with it.

First, if I don't tell my own Fleet members how they should or shouldn't spend their money, why would I tell a whole community of unknown players to do so? Why would they even listen to me?

Second, as others have pointed out, spending boycotts are not a visible action. How can anyone know for sure who is or isn't a part of that initiative? Or the impact it is or isn't having?

Finally, if you feel so strongly about this idea, why don't you take charge and start the campaign yourself?
    Fleet Admiral