Home The Bridge

The Official Unofficial Star Trek Timelines Changelog

Comments

• Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, Captains!

With this week’s server release the following unannounced changes have been made to the game:

Resistance Rhys - Displaced trait added.
    Carpenter Street Archer - SEC changed from 1355 (150-352) -> 1355 (150-350)
    Resistance Burnham - CMD changed from 1275 (221-425) -> 1275 (221-445)
    Angela Martine already had flavor text.

Thank you for playing!

The STAR TREK TIMELINES Stealth Change Monitor Team

Adding:
    Section 31 Reed - Hidden trait evsuit added.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, Captains!

With this week’s server release the following unannounced changes have been made to the game:

Thank you for playing!

Adding:
    Section 31 Reed - Hidden trait evsuit added.

Did that add Reed to the EV Suit collection?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it did. This is going to be a fun one!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, Captains!

Thank you for playing!

Thanks again. Applied the updates to the DNA sheet as well.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
    Greetings, Captains!

Disguised Tom Paris - Flavor text change:
    Old flavor wrote:
    An aficionado of all things 20th century, Tom Paris still struggled to fit in amid people on Earth in 1997.
    New flavor wrote:
    An aficionado of all things 20th century, Tom Paris still struggled to fit in amid people on Earth in 1996.

Thank you for playing!

• The irony of these lines is not lost on me.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, Captains!

Roy Ritterhouse - Added Voice Clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9ghpb0sTI

Hehe, he’s a Wesley.
    Let’s fly!
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Wesley has gone to the replicator.

I have noticed that voyages seem to have been tweaked recently. I have been getting more Chrons between 2 hours and 4 hours. It seems to be 8 per freebee rather than I think 3.

I also seem to be getting more 4* crew dillemmas.
    Greetings, Captains!

Meditative T'Pol - MED changed from 727 (100-399) -> 827 (100-399)
    DIP changed from 551 (151-303) -> 654 (151-303)
    SCI changed from 395 (53-197) -> 405 (53-197)

Thank you for playing!

• NoNameNamerNoNameNamer ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, Captains!

Ruon Tarka - stat changes
    ENG changed from 1049 (157-257) to 1046 (146-253)
    CMD changed from 592 (42-148) to 588 (42-148)

• Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    A WRG stealth nerf, great. 😡
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    A WRG stealth nerf, great. 😡

After this past weekend, too. People were already riled up. So they Nerf Weasely Tarka without mentioning it......
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    How about you let me inquire about this, and I will update you when I know more?
    There is zero reasons for us to do stat change and not communicate about it.
    Sometimes server release changes do get missed but this was not one of those times.
    And before QA gets accused of anything, if a change was not intended, they had no reason to recheck a crew that had gone live.

So thank you for your patience while I ask questions about this particular case.

As a matter of ensuring quality, QA should check every card before release. It shouldn’t be up to players to find these things. We don’t get paid to do this.
  • Shan wrote: »
    How about you let me inquire about this, and I will update you when I know more?
    Sometimes server release changes do get missed but this was not one of those times.
    And before QA gets accused of anything, if a change was not intended, they had no reason to recheck a crew that had gone live.

So thank you for your patience while I ask questions about this particular case.

still that is another "process" failure - might not be intentional, but then its un-intentional - which is becoming the norm around here.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

As a matter of ensuring quality, QA should check every card before release. It shouldn’t be up to players to find these things. We don’t get paid to do this.

Ruon Tarka was released last week, hence why I mentioned it.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

And no one checks the code for unintended consequences? Oof.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

The change happened with the today release. I don't think they have the resources to check every crew with each update. On release of the crew, the stats were not as it was today.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Peets wrote: »

The change happened with the today release. I don't think they have the resources to check every crew with each update. On release of the crew, the stats were not as it was today.

They should check the code for changes in stats from individual items. That is a probably why there are so many stat changes.

You are correct. It does not seem that WRG has the resources to pour water out of a boot even if the instructions were provided these days.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

They should check the code for changes in stats from individual items. That is a probable rationale for why there are so many stat changes.

I doubt they have something so sophisticating as the people from the big book website have to check it. But I think you are right that a shared item from the new crew has done this.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regression_testing
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I trust the game to function correctly after every new change without double checking about as much as I trust the pack of chicken patties that got lost under the truck seat for a week.
    We're starting to see lots of random little things- Tryla's larvae not appearing, the Antedian polestar not being visible, the Vault playing hide and seek, stats not matching up, the event insisting it was complete in the middle of it, inventory telling me in can't build something, because I don't have it- while I'm looking at it, conversely- an item lighting up to be built and there not being enough components, et c. To me, that means multiple tiny errors that are waiting for a perfect storm.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
    Greetings, Captains!

Ruon Tarka - ENG changed from 1046 (146-253) -> 1050 (158-258)
    CMD changed from 588 (42-148) -> 595 (42-148)

Thank you for playing!

• This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Close lol
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Greetings, Captains!

Ruon Tarka - ENG changed from 1046 (146-253) -> 1050 (158-258)
    CMD changed from 588 (42-148) -> 595 (42-148)

Thank you for playing!

I am confused. Does the following statement not qualify as an announcement of the change in question?

"... With today’s server release we are making corrections to Ruon Tarka’s stats.
    They were erroneously changed with yesterday’s release, this has been fixed with the addition of a bit of a buff!

You can check the new stats in the vault, you might need to restart to see the change."

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/19382/server-release-notes-2022-06-08
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust