Home The Bridge

Starbase tweaks to improve fleet engagement

With the balance changes made to credits due to retrieval, replicator rations have greatly reduced in value and no longer are the bottleneck for most players.

I think that having Starbase rooms that generate credits would be a very good update to a stagnant part of the game. They could even reduce replication credit costs at early tiers and then repeat on credit generation. I think this would increase fleet engagement and help struggling fleets reach daily donation targets.

Comments

• KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    To generate credits: A "promenade", as a commercial district, throw items or components as fuel to generate credits, just like replicator rations.

I like the idea of a Quantum generator or something to reduce a little the wait times...
  • I like both the "Personnel Room" and the Credit room idea. Anything that makes fleets more interesting and gives those with a complete starbase a chance to stand out would be a huge improvement.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both ideas are good. I’ve also been a fan of unlimited levels to the chron cap room. A room to get more ISM may also make sense.
  • I'm Meh on chron cap, but then again I am just too far above the ceiling. I think some could argue for it given the chrons needed to compete in skirm/galaxy are an order of magnitude above the current cap.

I like that we are putting lots of options out here for WRG to consider. Much better we get something we request then leave them to figure out something else we don't want.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was thinking the "Personnel Office" would reduce both the Credits and Quantum needed to Retrieve.
    A Quantum buff in the Starbase or added to Collection tiers would be nice too.
    Polestars for that collection would be nice and make sense. After a certain level, it requires a lot of 5* crew to make the milestone and goosing Retrieval along would help.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*