Home The Bridge

The forthcoming event: Problems of the Present (ME#3)

edited December 2021 in The Bridge
Regarding the upcoming Faction/Galaxy Event: "Problems of the Present" - due to begin 2021-12-16 - (ME#3).

I'm really hoping Federation is a faction in this event so that it can help us with OE1, which will still be active. OE2 will have ended, unfortunately.

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure some people may have a problem with your titling format.

Just saying......

t0t9x0genm1d.jpg
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • edited December 2021
    Why? I even made sure to use the American date format. :)

I draw the line at the spelling of 'honour' though!
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I absolutely agree with the sentiment, the title of this thread is deliberately misleading.
  • Is that any better? :-/
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure some people may have a problem with your titling format.

Just saying......

t0t9x0genm1d.jpg

Haha, thanks for the laugh.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Burnie looks kinda cute with those grimaces. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Federation will not be a faction for the "Problems of the Present" event.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankies for letting us know, so I dun have to hoard the transmissions. =)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »
    Not that it matters one way or the other. Even taking account of the two events when we're not running Fed shuttles, it still works out at less than 9 shuttles per day to complete the objective. That's not exactly arduous.

However, you also lose the entire benefit of the so-called "Winning Faction", since you have to either skip the bonus or skip the OE. I have decided that as of now, whether it is intentional or incompetence on their part, that my spending in this game will henceforth be greatly curtailed. I have a hard time giving any of my limited money to a company that either is intentionally disregarding the players or too incompetent to set up stuff more logically.

Feel free to dogpile me again for being "negative" everyone. The negativity came from the ongoing issues with the company.
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • Warrior WilloWarrior Willo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that it matters one way or the other. Even taking account of the two events when we're not running Fed shuttles, it still works out at less than 9 shuttles per day to complete the objective. That's not exactly arduous.

However, you also lose the entire benefit of the so-called "Winning Faction", since you have to either skip the bonus or skip the OE. I have decided that as of now, whether it is intentional or incompetence on their part, that my spending in this game will henceforth be greatly curtailed. I have a hard time giving any of my limited money to a company that either is intentionally disregarding the players or too incompetent to set up stuff more logically.

Feel free to dogpile me again for being "negative" everyone. The negativity came from the ongoing issues with the company.

I won’t say you are negative, just grumpy 😆

I won’t say you are negative, just grumpy 😆

I totally am.
  • ChaosChild wrote: »

Yes, it would have been nine per day.
    Except;
    By partaking in last weekends event we were unable to run Fed shuttles.
    By choosing to partake in the Chroniton bonus from last weekends Faction winner we've been unable to run Fed shuttles.
    By partaking in week 3 of the event we won't be running Fed shuttles.

We don't all have tanked shuttles - it seems really poorly planned.

Thanks for answering my query anyway, Shan. Appreciate the response.
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Except;
    By choosing to partake in the Chroniton bonus from last weekends Faction winner we've been unable to run Fed shuttles.

First off, I don't have tanked shuttles. Never seen the point of it.

Secondly, 9 shuttles per day is taking into account the days you'll 'miss' by participating in the faction events. If you don't take part in the faction events then it's less than 7 shuttles per day.

Let's assume that you run no non-event shuttles at all on a day that's even partly associated with a faction event, and that you want to make full use of the winning faction bonus. That takes your participation in the objective event down to 19 days, which means roughly 10.5 shuttles per day. That's still only one extra set of shuttles above and beyond what you'd need to send to complete your dailies. It's still not exactly a backbreaking requirement.

If you don't have all 4 shuttle bays then it's more difficult, but that's true of so much else in the game already. But it's still doable, just with more effort.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    @[CH] OsirisSonOfGeb That 9 is rounding up and reducing the 30 day period to 24 to allow for the 2 and half Faction events.

Let's take an honest look at the numbers.

30 days- 6 days of other shuttles= 24 days to do it.
    200 Shuttles x 3 hrs duration= 600 shuttle hrs
    24 days x 24 hrs= 576 calendar hrs.
    200 shuttles/24 calendar days= 8.333333 shuttles per day, round up to 9.
    That's:
    4.5 rounds with 2 bays
    3 rounds with 3 bays
    2.5 rounds with 4 bays

Even if a four bay player sent a round in the morning, another when they got home, and a third before bed, they would still easily manage it.

Running 24 hrs a day, it couldn't be done with a single shuttle in the allotted time.
    However, every player starts with 2 shuttles, giving every player 48 shuttle hrs per 24 calendar hrs. Even new players would have 1,152 available shuttle hours in which to allot 600 to Federation shuttles. With continuous shuttles, that would roughly be mid-month, so with sleep, et c, that is easily doable to any player. A heavy, 4 bay player should do it in a week. I don't see a problem at all.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • @ChaosChild @W.W. Carlisle Thanks for spelling that out - my maths must have been off (I hadn't bothered doing the maths :lol: ) I just saw that we're a week in and I've not started those Fed Shuttles yet - plus I'm cranky in the mornings. Thanks again. :)
  • eXo | das411eXo | das411 ✭✭✭✭✭

Running 24 hrs a day, it couldn't be done with a single shuttle in the allotted time.
    However, every player starts with 2 shuttles, giving every player 48 shuttle hrs per 24 calendar hrs. Even new players would have 1,152 available shuttle hours in which to allot 600 to Federation shuttles. With continuous shuttles, that would roughly be mid-month, so with sleep, et c, that is easily doable to any player. A heavy, 4 bay player should do it in a week. I don't see a problem at all.

it's free stuff for minimal effort, of course the people who always complain about being bored are now complaining about more things to do :D

Re: this event though - does anyone else kinda sorta wish we had FED shuttles *and* some sort of bonus for Klingon Chancellors, so we could keep them flying around on shuttles all weekend? >:)
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problem. Some things can seem a bit much when you overlook something in your calculations. I had 6? Fed shuttles done before the Faction event ended Monday. I should hit 50 yet today. At this pace, I should have them, and Burnham, done before the event next week.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think your math is still off. After this faction event, TP is apparently asking me to choose between running shuttles for bonus chrons, etc and participating in the objective event. During the hybrid, I will lose 2.5 days due to event shuttles (I milk event shuttles for all they are worth- running them up to 23 hours after the phase change.). Taking those days lost into account, I think I’ll have to average closer to 16 shuttles per day, which, given the holidays, will be difficult to achieve.
    Navarch wrote: »
    Think your math is still off. After this faction event, TP is apparently asking me to choose between running shuttles for bonus chrons, etc and participating in the objective event. During the hybrid, I will lose 2.5 days due to event shuttles (I milk event shuttles for all they are worth- running them up to 23 hours after the phase change.). Taking those days lost into account, I think I’ll have to average closer to 16 shuttles per day, which, given the holidays, will be difficult to achieve.

I was taking those lost days into account in my calculations. 5 days for a full faction event, 3 days to milk the faction bonus for all it's worth, 3 days for the hybrid faction event. That's 11 days, leaving 19 days for objective event shuttles. 200 shuttles in 19 days is 10.5 shuttles per day.

Of course, if you haven't already started on the objective event, or you're behind schedule, then you may need to do more to catch up. The maths assumes that you started as you mean to go on.
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭

Except;

Secondly, 9 shuttles per day is taking into account the days you'll 'miss' by participating in the faction events. If you don't take part in the faction events then it's less than 7 shuttles per day.

Let's assume that you run no non-event shuttles at all on a day that's even partly associated with a faction event, and that you want to make full use of the winning faction bonus. That takes your participation in the objective event down to 19 days, which means roughly 10.5 shuttles per day. That's still only one extra set of shuttles above and beyond what you'd need to send to complete your dailies. It's still not exactly a backbreaking requirement.

If you don't have all 4 shuttle bays then it's more difficult, but that's true of so much else in the game already. But it's still doable, just with more effort.

200 shuttles looks a lot of work and most humans are lazy.
    They want everything free and easy. Otherwise it is poor design.

Anyway, I find it very easy and enjoyable but I'm one of the few positive people around here :)
  • edited December 2021
    I think you're being purposefully rude now.

Immortalising is challenging to those of us at a certain point. We have most of the cards immortalised already. The only 'workaround' for me to Immortalise is duplicating. It is a constructive criticism that I dont want to duplicate. It may not be a problem to you but it is from my perspective.

I tried to thank you upthread for your help in pointing out the shuttle arithmetic but then you label me as a complainer, lazy, and incapable of fourth grade arithmetic.

As Scott used to say 'Have a nice day'.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »

Except;

Anyway, I find it very easy and enjoyable but I'm one of the few positive people around here :)

I think that's the big problem with the objective events. Some of the individual objectives seem very daunting, and that's putting people off, making them think that they're unachievable, when a few moments thought would show that they're actually pretty straightforward.

200 shuttles looks like a lot, but some basic 4th grade arithmetic shows that it's not really an issue at all. Immortalising and fusing crew looks challenging until you realise there are some pretty simple workarounds. Too many people are ready to leap straight to complaining, rather than put some thought and/or effort in.

I just hope WRG can tell the difference between actual constructive criticism and complaints born out of laziness.

Not all of us want to be checking into the game every 3 hours of the day.
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Except;

I think that's the big problem with the objective events. Some of the individual objectives seem very daunting, and that's putting people off, making them think that they're unachievable, when a few moments thought would show that they're actually pretty straightforward.

200 shuttles looks like a lot, but some basic 4th grade arithmetic shows that it's not really an issue at all. Immortalising and fusing crew looks challenging until you realise there are some pretty simple workarounds. Too many people are ready to leap straight to complaining, rather than put some thought and/or effort in.

I just hope WRG can tell the difference between actual constructive criticism and complaints born out of laziness.

Sure, but this objective event is designed by WRG to encourage players to play more often. It's reasonable for them to set a target that requires players to do more than the minimum 7 shuttles, while still being easily within reach if players are willing to put in the time on most days.
    edited December 2021

Except;

You don't need to check in every 3 hours, that's the point. You need to send out 3 sets of shuttles per day, maximum. That's one more set than you'd need to complete your dailies, so one additional login per day. That's it.

It's up to you if you think that the reward (the extra copy of Burnham) is worth that extra bit of effort.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some still have two shuttlebays or three though. :)