Home The Bridge

The forthcoming event: Problems of the Present (ME#3)

2»

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not have it be 100 for the fourth copy of Burnham and then 200 for some other reward?
    Let’s fly!
  • ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not have it be 100 for the fourth copy of Burnham and then 200 for some other reward?
    Because that's not exactly a challenge. Neither is 200, but at least it requires some consistent effort. If the reward is worth having, you should have to work for it.
  • Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Because that's not exactly a challenge. Neither is 200, but at least it requires some consistent effort. If the reward is worth having, you should have to work for it.

Challenging is in the eye of the beholder. With 4 shuttles, it takes some effort to achieve and do everything else you’d want to do in game. With 2 shuttles, it gets much harder.
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed zombie. Plus all the merits that have to be used to buy those shuttles. It isn’t an issue for everyone but it will be an issue for some.
    Let’s fly!
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fwiw I'm with Chaos that escalating effort should be met with escalating rewards. That being said, we do have a sort of "extreme" challenge every week with ranked rewards where you can really put in some serious effort and get nice rewards. Mid-week events being more relaxed and accessible for the casual player is probably better for the player base, even if it's not what I would like personally.

Unfortunately at the moment the rewards are frankly pathetic outside of the crew and I've seen many players say they're just going to skip parts or whole OEs not because they don't want to put in any effort, but because some of the rewards merit zero effort.

Idk...it's gotta be tough to balance between the most and least engaged players. Ranked rewards help compensate for that in regular events, but it's been a one size fits all so far in OEs. Hope they can figure it out so it doesn't feel like just 'more dailies'
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t find 200 shuttles to be daunting at all. I normally only send out 7 shuttles per day to conserve merits but can easily ramp up to 28 during faction events.

However for longer objective events maybe it would better to introduce more tiers with smaller thresholds per tier. This makes partial rewards more achievable and players might find that after clearing partial tiers that finishing the objective event might not be as difficult as initially perceived.

PS I think I’m ready to get the fuse crew part of the next objective done.
    cfgjru7ludbd.png
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    cfgjru7ludbd.png

Me too.a7i5f82iur24.jpg
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    cfgjru7ludbd.png

Me too.a7i5f82iur24.jpg

I have an abundance of credits and enough empty crew slots. I decided to just by a bunch of 90K pulls. It helps build up honor, anyway. For the immortalization, I left my new crew at level 99.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I immortalized Patar. A maxed crew mean less button pushing to get the final threshold and getting that sweet, sweet all-immortal 4* behold that I look forward to every week.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals