Home The Bridge
Options

OE3 discussion.

Hope the title is okay today.

Really? Another 'Immortalise' achievement?! Are we a duplicate card game now too? Did TP read the feedback from yesterday?

Comments

• Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably just hold off from equipping a piece of equipment for Patar, and then fuse the Friar Tuck Datas I get from the event rewards. At least this time I can plan ahead.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, Patar and Data. I got my events mixed up. Sorry.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Also, hang onto your Bareils for a few hours and wait for the objective event to start before fusing and/or airlocking them.

That doesn't help casual players who don't get any copies of Bariel. These events seem purposely designed to drain resources, not earn them to "Prepare for Blank Event" as their name suggests. Locked progression doesn't allow us to do the requirements as part of normal dailies, making us have to potentially duplicate crew and/or take up needed crew slots to save cards for fusing is a drain on resources. Overall these events don't seem designed to help anyone, and they certainly don't give us anything to do with unused crew. They also don't allow us to coast for 3 days between events so we can build up resources for the next weekend's event. Blatant money-grab, or poor design, I can't decide which (could also be both).
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Also, hang onto your Bareils for a few hours and wait for the objective event to start before fusing and/or airlocking them.

That doesn't help casual players who don't get any copies of Bariel. These events seem purposely designed to drain resources, not earn them to "Prepare for Blank Event" as their name suggests. Locked progression doesn't allow us to do the requirements as part of normal dailies, making us have to potentially duplicate crew and/or take up needed crew slots to save cards for fusing is a drain on resources. Overall these events don't seem designed to help anyone, and they certainly don't give us anything to do with unused crew. They also don't allow us to coast for 3 days between events so we can build up resources for the next weekend's event. Blatant money-grab, or poor design, I can't decide which (could also be both).

And the other "option" is to hold the Threshold character until the OE starts. Which, keeps them out of a Shuttle seat for half the Event.....
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    Agreed! As y'all mentioned the objective events don't work separated out from events because it is asking for things that people would be better off doing during the events, but that could make it hard for people to be ready for the objective event
  • Options
    SILIKSILIK ✭✭✭
    There's also the option of fusing the campaign crew which you may get depending on where you are with that.
  • Options
    Why does it feel to me like the decision to change the Crew Slot Sale was just more intentional manipulation of the OE? Making it hard for people to "hold" unfused Crew if they are tight on Slots?

7ufzegiiujkk.jpg
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ll likely have my 4th Tilly from the Campaign on Monday. I think I can hold off a day before immortalizing her.

If this will be a thing going forward I can just hold off on any Voyage obtained crew till it’s time.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Thank you for starting this thread.

I am taking this opportunity to reiterate that productive feedback is welcome, conspiracy theories less so. Thank you!

I appreciate the earlier notice this time. I can plan how I want to handle reward crew from this event to help towards the objective event next week.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I am taking this opportunity to reiterate that productive feedback is welcome, conspiracy theories less so. Thank you!

I appreciate the earlier notice this time. I can plan how I want to handle reward crew from this event to help towards the objective event next week.

Absolutely. More notice is always appreciated so thank you.
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I guess this is arguably feedback about the OE that just finished, but since it's happening again this time:

I don't mind the fusing and immortalising being part of the objectives too much (it works OK with my play style) but I did find it a bit frustrating that (for my final one of the fuses) fusing the fourth star on to a purple card that was already 3/4, level 100 didn't count for both parts of it. I had hoped that it would but because the prerequisite doesn't unlock until you go back into the OE, and the immortalisation animation happens automatically as soon as the last star is added, it didn't work out that way.

I think if these are going up become a weekly thing a lot of my crew are going to be hanging around at level 99 in future!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope the title is okay today.

Really? Another 'Immortalise' achievement?! Are we a duplicate card game now too? Did TP read the feedback from yesterday?

I suspect this was planned more than a few days ago, so feedback from the other thread won't have reached the planning crew in time.
  • Options
    I guess this is arguably feedback about the OE that just finished, but since it's happening again this time:

I don't mind the fusing and immortalising being part of the objectives too much (it works OK with my play style) but I did find it a bit frustrating that (for my final one of the fuses) fusing the fourth star on to a purple card that was already 3/4, level 100 didn't count for both parts of it. I had hoped that it would but because the prerequisite doesn't unlock until you go back into the OE, and the immortalisation animation happens automatically as soon as the last star is added, it didn't work out that way.

I think if these are going up become a weekly thing a lot of my crew are going to be hanging around at level 99 in future!

Agreed, if the third fusing immortalizes it should count for both!
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

The Illuminati are behind it all, right? :wink:
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, now we know and can plan accordingly.
    *I'll get my last Tilly and Sahil in a few days. I can hold onto both until the OE. That leaves me with one fusion to go.
    *I had Sahil 1/5* since his event, so he's ready to immortalize with a bit of equipment.
    *I always have crew to work on, so leveling is no worry.
    *The ad warp works for me now, so this should speed up cadets.
    *Running missions is easy.
    I'm game. It works out as free stuff for me. I don't really have to do much extra even. It just gives me incentives to do some things.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biggest problem is these objective events just are not fun. Why add a feature to a game that is not fun?

There is that, but other than having to make a few allowances, I don't really pay attention to it other than claiming rewards and, maybe, checking progress. Extra stuff can be its own fun.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to some extra chrons.
  • Options
    7 thumbs up for advance notice, 2 thumbs down that I'll have to use precious crew slots to prep for fusing OE steps... however I am looking for more interesting things to do with my crew OR interesting tradeoffs I have to make so this doesn't totally fit the bill with what I'm wanting out of the game.
  • Options
    7 thumbs up for advance notice, 2 thumbs down that I'll have to use precious crew slots to prep for fusing OE steps... however I am looking for more interesting things to do with my crew OR interesting tradeoffs I have to make so this doesn't totally fit the bill with what I'm wanting out of the game.

I got a few frozen the last couple of days to get about four or five spaces open. I'll be doing some juggling Fusing people to claim other people.