Home The Bridge

Event discussion thread: Skirmish Event - Flying for the Future - 2021-12-23 ME#4

Comments

• DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new Birdman! YAY!
    "The truth is like a lion; you don't have to defend it. Let it loose; it will defend itself."
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    The flavor text for Skorr Tchar is not final and will be changed with next server release.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    With Navaar as the gold, we're looking at Stream of Lives for the rerun.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/14600/key-information-about-the-event-stream-of-lives-09-19/p1
    Not a bad hybrid. I remember it. I should do better this time around considering I need to thaw the 4*s and has Navaar at 80 1/5*.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    The flavor text for Skorr Tchar is not final and will be changed with next server release.

... how does this keep happening?
  • PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »

Probably not enough time to complete their jobs.
    I see the same symptoms at my work.
    Peets wrote: »

Probably not enough time to complete their jobs.
    I see the same symptoms at my work.

Mine too. But if something optional can't be done correctly, maybe they should not be devoting the time and resources to it.
  • Just want to say that I do appreciate WRG choosing for the holiday period one of the event types with a good degree of flexibility for players about when to take part.
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not a Xindi-Avian based on the skull seen in Enterprise and an artist's vision? Represent all the Xindi species and make a collection.

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not a Xindi-Avian based on the skull seen in Enterprise and an artist's vision? Represent all the Xindi species and make a collection.

Would be cool. There was a book where there was one Xindi Avian still alive.
    Let’s fly!
  • Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be cool. There was a book where there was one Xindi Avian still alive.

There are several non-canon TNG Mirror characters so I don't think a Xindi-Avian (once real but never depicted) would be far-fetched for the game.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Mirror TNG are from a series of comics. I have some of them. The 5* Dr. Pulaski is from a comic. She's wearing the early DS9/Voyager era uniform. We only ever saw her onscreen in the early TNG uniform, plus a few on offs.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to say that I do appreciate WRG choosing for the holiday period one of the event types with a good degree of flexibility for players about when to take part.

I agree with the sentiment, but I wish they had made this one a galaxy rather than skirmish. Skirmish is all about time-in-game. Whether you are aiming for high ranks or just honor accumulation, you've gotta put in the hours. There's no (legal) way to avoid it. With galaxy, you can clear thresholds and even rank for the 5* (if you have decent event crew) with just a few hours here and there. Ah well, happy holidays to all, and to all a good skirmish.
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new Birdman! YAY!

y46z6wojlssk.gif
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭
    Voq always counted as a variant of Tyler, but does Tyler count as variants of Voq?
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprise B, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!
    edited December 2021
    Slick wrote: »
    Voq always counted as a variant of Tyler, but does Tyler count as variants of Voq?

I believe he has in the past. But I have to ask...in what scenario is anyone using any variant of Ash Tyler other than the one that is featured crew as event crew in a Skirmish?
  • SlickSlick ✭✭✭

I believe he has in the past. But I have to ask...in what scenario is anyone using any variant of Ash Tyler other than the one that is featured crew as event crew in a Skirmish?

If someone doesn't own Voq, or they want to use his variants to crew their ship. Seasoned players like us don't
    do that, but others may. There is a reason why variants are given event bonus ability. Did you really need to ask?
    Fleet Admiral - Dazed & Confused 🤸🤸🙃 We are still waiting for Enterprise B, the Delta Flyer, and a Runabout! We should also have a TNG season 1 red shirt LT JG Worf, and a "Far Beyond The Stars" DS9 episode crew collection!

If someone doesn't own Voq, or they want to use his variants to crew their ship. Seasoned players like us don't
    do that, but others may. There is a reason why variants are given event bonus ability. Did you really need to ask?

It's week 4 of a mega event and you only need one featured crew - put Sahil on your ship. The only people who actually have an excuse to use a variant of Voq are those who are so new to the game that they couldn't score Sahil in this week's event but were lucky enough to get Tyler in a behold.

I have no issue if someone wants to use a Voq variant...but do that in addition to one of the featured crew.
  • Never was a fan of the TAS, which is why I've airlocked every copy of those cartoons I've ever gotten. And here we are, using one of them as a featured crew.
    The Guardians of Tomorrow
    Protecting the Galaxy's Future from itself
  • robownage wrote: »
    DaiMon Bok wrote: »
    Never was a fan of the TAS, which is why I've airlocked every copy of those cartoons I've ever gotten. And here we are, using one of them as a featured crew.

It's honestly refreshing to see someone complain about characters from a show other than Discovery for a change.

I can complain about Enterprise if you want :tongue:
    “What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?”

Proud member of Patterns of Force
    Captain Level 99
    Played since January 2017

TP: Do better!!!
  • DIS is a lot better this season, in my opinion. Good pacing, and a real slow burn for the main arc. There are still some relics of bad decisions in previous seasons, but I'm starting to feel optimistic.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DIS is a lot better this season, in my opinion. Good pacing, and a real slow burn for the main arc. There are still some relics of bad decisions in previous seasons, but I'm starting to feel optimistic.

That’s interesting. I am not liking this season of Discovery like I did the others. Curious if you are a Star Trek Picard fan. This seasons reminds me of that.
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

It's week 4 of a mega event and you only need one featured crew - put Sahil on your ship. The only people who actually have an excuse to use a variant of Voq are those who are so new to the game that they couldn't score Sahil in this week's event but were lucky enough to get Tyler in a behold.

I have no issue if someone wants to use a Voq variant...but do that in addition to one of the featured crew.

You don't get an extra bonus for using a second bonus crew. You can use a voq variant if you want, but that should be because of his ship ability. I'm terms of event bonus, use a single featured crew and then your best ship battle crew for the rest.
  • DIS is a lot better this season, in my opinion. Good pacing, and a real slow burn for the main arc. There are still some relics of bad decisions in previous seasons, but I'm starting to feel optimistic.

That’s interesting. I am not liking this season of Discovery like I did the others. Curious if you are a Star Trek Picard fan. This seasons reminds me of that.
    PIC had some cool ideas, and I liked the cast, but overall I wasn't a big fan. (I also barely remember much of it.)

For me, one of the biggest issues with DIS S1-3 is the pacing. It always felt like it was in a rush, and there was so little time for build up or repercussions. Among friends, I've said that DIS really needs twice the episodes per season to tell the stories it wants. That would give it enough room to build up the story, as well as the sorts of character-building tangents that are both fun and let the main plot breath a bit.

If DIS is rushed, PIC is edging towards warp. Without hyperbole, I think every episode of PIC could have filled the better part of an entire season. And that's ignoring backstory and flashbacks, which could provide the rest. There are individual scenes in PIC which could have been an entire episode B plots in TNG.

But DIS S4 feels more consistent, slower paced, and with far more emphasis on a slow build. It's not perfect, the recent episode which tried to give justice to high-level negotiations and a cadet training mission was cramped, but overall it's doing much better. It also feels more character-driven, rather than stories relying so much on reactions to external forces.

Where do you feel DIS S4 and PIC S1 align? I love hearing different perspectives.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Interesting Discovery looks like it may not have another season. Because of losing Netflix backing which had allowed them do what ever they want.

Now they are already selling the costumes from Discovery. But they could always wear the emperors new clothes😉
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Interesting Discovery looks like it may not have another season. Because of losing Netflix backing which had allowed them do what ever they want.

Now they are already selling the costumes from Discovery. But they could always wear the emperors new clothes😉

As far as I know, nothing has been confirmed either way. Considering Picard, Lower Decks, Strange New Worlds and Prodigy are all being made without Netflix backing, it would be a bit of a leap to assume that Discovery leaving Netflix would suddenly leave Paramount without enough money to make a fifth season.

As for selling costumes - are these the season 4 costumes belonging to the main cast? If so, that could be a bad sign for a season 5. If not, I wouldn't buy into what's being sold.