Home The Bridge
Options

No Objective Event Next Week?

Or is it not showing in the Event Hub yet? Or will it be announced on Forums?

Just curious.
What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?

Comments

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been announced on the forums, and will be the subject of an in-game mail as well.
    https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/18838/objective-event-beta-prepare-for-a-skirmish-event-2021-12-21
  • Options

Just curious.

Maybe check Forum announcments before posting? 😉
    It was announced on forums 27 mins before ur post.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious.

Maybe check Forum announcments before posting? 😉
    It was announced on forums 27 mins before ur post.

I looked and did not see it. Thanx for the friendly update.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've completed all of the OEs so far, but I might draw the line at having to do Commander and Captain battles. I have no unfrozen blue crew, and the few purple crew I still have hanging out are less than appropriate for Arena.
  • Options
    wrote:
    Objective Event Beta - Prepare for a Skirmish Event - 2021/12/21

Starting on Tuesday, December 21 at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) and until Thursday, December 23, at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) a new Objective Event Beta will take place as a preparation for the Hybrid Faction/Galaxy event that will start on December 23.Testing seem to indicate you can use a ship without crew.
    so 2 events next week? :smiley:

• Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    I think Shan made a typo :grin:
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    robownage wrote: »
    I've completed all of the OEs so far, but I might draw the line at having to do Commander and Captain battles. I have no unfrozen blue crew, and the few purple crew I still have hanging out are less than appropriate for Arena.

You just need to complete the battles. Pretty sure you don’t need crew for that.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    wrote:

Starting on Tuesday, December 21 at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) and until Thursday, December 23, at 12am ET (5:00 UTC) a new Objective Event Beta will take place as a preparation for the Hybrid Faction/Galaxy event that will start on December 23.Testing seem to indicate you can use a ship without crew.
    I’m curious, did you send Shan a DM to let her know that this announcement seems to have a copy/paste error, so that she could fix it? You did choose to highlight the error publicly, after all. Oh, wait, I forgot about your username here, my bad.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    robownage wrote: »

You just need to complete the battles. Pretty sure you don’t need crew for that.
    Testing seem to indicate you can use a ship without crew.

Thanks guys! Duly noted :)
  • Options
    wrote:

I’m curious, did you send Shan a DM to let her know that this announcement seems to have a copy/paste error, so that she could fix it? You did choose to highlight the error publicly, after all. Oh, wait, I forgot about your username here, my bad.

This forum has DM's?
    And, no i posted here so she could fix it.
    As for my username, the whole ism thing happend, i don't agree with how they handled that, and i see no reason why TP shouldn't be reminded of that.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    wrote:

This forum has DM's?
    And, no i posted here so she could fix it.
    As for my username, the whole ism thing happend, i don't agree with how they handled that, and i see no reason why TP shouldn't be reminded of that.

My bad again, that should be “PM”, not “DM”. 😉
    Shan wrote: »
    @Shan there is a mistake in the description on the communique! The title in bold says: Objective Event Beta - Prepare for the Skirmish event and in the descripion it mentions the description of tomorrow's Hybrid event. Nothing to complain about it, I undestand it's copied and pasted from last event and remained uncorrected.

It has been corrected, thank you :)
    When something like this happens feel free to send me a PM.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    DM/PM - same difference ;) They arrive in my forum mailbox! :)
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Testing seem to indicate you can use a ship without crew.

That is knew, Yesterday I froze a crew who was on my ship, and the game would not let me battle.

I will check for tomorrow's and see.

Edit: yes you are right. It only asked whether I wanted to battle with no crew.

Was this the way it always was? I thought there was a time it did not allow it.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    x36w7h4uwx8l.png
    59l3j4y0g2y8.png
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    x36w7h4uwx8l.png
    59l3j4y0g2y8.png
    j4m5t9mo9zrc.jpeg
  • Options
    Shan wrote: »
    DM/PM - same difference ;) They arrive in my forum mailbox! :)

Not so much about the abbreviation, i didn't know there was a forum mailbox.
    I read once that you said tagging @Shan didn't do much, i assumed we we're supposed to leave it on the forum.
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    x36w7h4uwx8l.png
    59l3j4y0g2y8.png
    j4m5t9mo9zrc.jpeg

If you start the battle it will let you,
  • Options
    x36w7h4uwx8l.png
    59l3j4y0g2y8.png
    j4m5t9mo9zrc.jpeg

If you start the battle it will let you,

Sorry, I should’ve highlighted the phrase “start the battle” and replied to @WaldoMag instead of you. 🖖
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting that the events want us to keep levelling and fusing crew. I'm glad I bought extra slots as it means I can fuse them/level to 10 and then punt them.

Not really seeing much in terms of reward either. I'm only keeping high on skirmish because I'll need other schematics- have enough to build the Roddenberry twice by now!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks @Legate Damar and @~peregrine~

Was it always like this? I thought there was a time it did not allow the battle.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »

Was it always like this? I thought there was a time it did not allow the battle.

I've been doing this for arena since they let us warp cadets and I froze all my 2/3* crew.

I think regular space battles need crew if you're not warping them. But arena is fine without them.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    AviTrek wrote: »
    WaldoMag wrote: »

I've been doing this for arena since they let us warp cadets and I froze all my 2/3* crew.

I think regular space battles need crew if you're not warping them. But arena is fine without them.

Thanks

It is amazing how i did not bother reading that message almost from the start, thinking that it was not allowed.