Home The Bridge
Options

Objective Event Beta 2 - Prepare for Galaxy Event - Feedback thread

1235»

Comments

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 2 cents on this...
    The Fuse and Immortalize tasks just seem very strange to me. The difficulty and/or cost to guarantee being able to meet these tasks is orders of magnitude higher than just holding back slightly to have crew ready to fuse/immortalize.
    So all that is really happening is that you are actively incentivizing players to not play the game (level and fuse your crew when you get them but wait until the OE is active).

It would have probably been easier on a lot of people if this Crew Slot Sale had included five free Slots. Like previous ones have.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    About fusing: you can always fuse the 2* and the 4* from the previous event. The only thing you have to do is to play until the 40k or 130k threshold.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    About fusing: you can always fuse the 2* and the 4* from the previous event. The only thing you have to do is to play until the 40k or 130k threshold.

I don't think anyone has mentioned the 2*. Another way to do one. They can even be leveled up and Immortalized for those parts.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    ...you have to use something from the previous event to get something for the following event
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanon wrote: »
    The thing is, you have to refrain from leveling up, or fusing that crew during the event, which is, refram from playing...

Yep. I'm keeping Ptar at level 99 now so that she can be my immortalization in the Objective Event. But it's backwards that I am now intentionally not getting the best out of an event crew just so I can use them in a later event.
  • Options
    You can add me to the list of people not keen on the fuse/immortalise achievements. I'm only a small spender, but from the current purples in the pool I'm only missing 4 stars, so I'm going to have to game the system to do it.

This week I did it with:
    1 fuse convenient timing of retrieval
    1 fuse $10 Koloth
    1 fuse pulling credit packs to match to my incoming voyage, but actually got a Desert Burnham just before I hit the 2nd one from the month-long event, then I immortalised (duplicate obviously) her for the other objective

I could have ended up having to randomly pull for all 3 fuses, alternatively I end up holding the purple crew from the weekend event for several days, fusing them, then airlocking them (unless they're new), and still having to waste resources/game the system with a 1 or 2 star.

Tasks should be positive ones we have agency over, not random ones we have to game.

I'd especially like to highlight that last part. It feels like so much is being done to require needing to buy and use dilithium instead of things that are within our control, these objectives seem focused on either RNG driven events or things that require waiting on reset periods (such as next week's two day event that requires 20 arena matches...)
  • Options
    @Shan there is a mistake in the description on the communique! The title in bold says: Objective Event Beta - Prepare for the Skirmish event and in the descripion it mentions the description of tomorrow's Hybrid event. Nothing to complain about it, I undestand it's copied and pasted from last event and remained uncorrected.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Shan there is a mistake in the description on the communique! The title in bold says: Objective Event Beta - Prepare for the Skirmish event and in the descripion it mentions the description of tomorrow's Hybrid event. Nothing to complain about it, I undestand it's copied and pasted from last event and remained uncorrected.

It has been corrected, thank you :)
    When something like this happens feel free to send me a PM.

• Options
    Shan wrote: »

It has been corrected, thank you :)
    When something like this happens feel free to send me a PM.

Sorry, I did the fast and easy way, I'll try to remember next time.
  • Options
    Lobo SinclairLobo Sinclair ✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Kanon wrote: »
    The thing is, you have to refrain from leveling up, or fusing that crew during the event, which is, refram from playing...

I second that feeling. At some point I’ll smarten up and let go of my need to constantly try to succeed/complete these things (have dialed my Event participation way back which has made me feel much better for using my time more wisely).

I mean, this is dumb, right? I am using 7 slots for only 1 needed character just so I don’t waste resources on next week’s OE.

nj3sdfb6yty7.jpeg

I can probably get rid of one of the greens, but maybe I’ll have some reason to fuse the SR this weekend.

Of course, they did get some dil from me buying more slots, so I guess the plan is working…?