Cards That I though would be Top Voyagers, but are rarely used in reality :(

Human Saru
Barry Waddle (Frozen)
Mok'bara Crusher,
Mirror Culber (Frozen)
Prisoner Kim
Humbled Archer (Frozen) and
Torpedo Surgeon McCoy (Frozen) *#

Quick note: My best Voyage un-aided is, 11hours 44 minutes and 20 seconds. My next best is 11:19 and 3 seconds. I hit 11 plus regularly at ease.
*# Torpedo McCoy only suffered due to me having 2 cheescake sevens) he just never got a look in.

Comments

• Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meow Britney! Luv your nickname, I actually called the Borg Spheres in Star Trek Online "Britney Spheres" also, haha. :) It depends if you skip bad voyage skill combos and only play the good ones, then yeah, those crew members might not often be on the voyage. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry Waddle occasionally gets a seat, his Med/Sec combo is good.

Torpedo McCoy also gets seats, he also sometimes gets seats in Skirmishes, due to his instant-damage combined with accuracy.

In voyages I try and match all traits, even at the expense of a small amount of skill.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's also worth mentioning that there are 15 possible voyage skill combinations and each crew has a max of 3 skill pairs and often only 2 worth thinking about. Unless a crew's raw power is so strong that they're showing up even with 1 skill, they're only going to go on roughly 2/15 voyages. Maybe the best crew peak at 5/15, but I doubt any crew is going on more than that on the strongest rosters.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barry Waddle is a monster. Unfreeze him immediately. Human, Klingon, Saboteur are ample enough traits to be used often even if he didn't have stat competition.
    Human Saru probably should get more Voyage use but if he's not Voyagin', he's Shuttlin'. Still my best Exobiologist by a klick.

Torpedo McCoy is decent but he has some very strong competition. Unlike Seven he at least has Exobiology and Jury Rigger.

I don't really keep stats but there's not a lot of crew that gets used regularly. DaVinci is probably at the top since for the longest time he was my only solid Hologram, Innovator or Prodigy. I'm still weak on Holograms but Queen Po recently gave DaVinci some vacation time.

If I had to pick a crew that should still see more use its Caretaker. For some reason Desperate almost never comes up when I need an Engineer.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed on the Waddle love...he's constantly on Voyages for me.
  • Options
    Human Saru, Mirror Culber and Prisoner Kim, i barely use myself.
    Especially Kim‘s rare use was a surprise to me.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    My top crew atm:

Count Of All Voyages
    Barry Waddle 69
    Spock and I-Chaya 60
    Twilight T'Pol 43
    Mycelial Culber 39
    Adira Tal 37
    Kahless the Unforgettable 37
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Webberoni wrote: »
    The one for me that I cited immediately due to hype, yet barely use, is FO Burnham. I find that CMD & SCI are such plentiful skills, that I rarely find myself using her.

I find that she's just far enough down the list that I tend to forget about her when selecting my crew manually, but the Datacore Voyage Tool recommends her pretty frequently. She's fallen out of the Top 10 overall best Voyagers recently, but she's still a great contributor for me.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    My top crew atm:
    Barry Waddle 69

nice

This is the most intelligent post in the thread so far.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    My top crew atm:
    Barry Waddle 69

nice

Haha, did not even noticed it.
    Thanks for your great Voyage analysis sheet! I'm addicted to it.
  • Options
    One card that faded surprisingly fast for me is Chef Riker. Expected his tertiary med to be useful (and it is) but I use Evolved Janeway more and just make up the med elsewhere.

Torpedo McCoy gets less use than his stats deserve, but Cheesecake edges him out and then I usually select a second crew that fill skills differently from him (EMA, Reno, Soji, Pulaski).

Similarly, Qod gets much less use these days than he once did - just doesn’t hit enough traits, and I tend to lean toward higher starting AM over raw power.

Edit: worth noting that these are “first-world” problems. All of the cards we’re mentioning are only faded for us because our rosters are good enough for that to be true. Newer players should not be deterred from picking/citing them.

Your Edit is very true. New Rosters definitely benefit from these crew. Plus I also forgot about Q. I froze him too some time back, tempted to do the same with Dereth now sadly 😔
  • Options
    My top crew atm:

Count Of All Voyages
    Barry Waddle 69
    Spock and I-Chaya 60
    Twilight T'Pol 43
    Mycelial Culber 39
    Adira Tal 37

Interesting. I have them all, Spock and I-Chata get alot of use funny enough. Twilight T'pol I froze a long time ago. Adira doesn't get used as much as I thought she would ( got duped Stranded Quarks) and as for Kahless I was very late to the party 🎉. I had him at 2 stars only for AGES, using him as Gauntlet exclusively. I only cited Bom up this honour sale, so will check him out ☺️👍
  • Options
    * i need spell checker lol 😂
  • Options
    Webberoni wrote: »
    The one for me that I cited immediately due to hype, yet barely use, is FO Burnham. I find that CMD & SCI are such plentiful skills, that I rarely find myself using her.

Yessss. And I duped her, Ouch. She doesn't get much use unfortunately. If I do use her it's normally in reverse ie on Science Seats, not Command
  • Options
    My top crew atm:
    Barry Waddle 69

nice

Eewwww. Do you mean what I think you mean 😳 I didn't understand, so I Googled atm 69 to see if there was a different meaning, (I meant Antimatter) The website I was taken to I can never Unsee 🤮🤮
  • Options
    JuristJurist ✭✭✭
    Human Saru
    Mok'bara Crusher
    Prisoner Kim

These 3 in particular, especially Crusher and Kim, would go on an abnormally high percentage of voyages if you were to use the Datacore calculator. It favors tanking 1 or more tertiary skills so those points can be allocated to the others, and Crusher and Kim are a perfect combination of high power, AM traits, and skill order to fill out the last couple of slots after the calculator figures out how to set up the top 2 skills. Human Saru has a lot of skillset competition among top voyagers, but Survivalist and Costumed allow him to match traits most cannot.

Barry Waddle would do a lot more work for me if I did not have duplicates of Prisoner Kim. It makes sense that he is the most-used for a lot of people, but his raw power is a tiny bit lower than Kim, so he doesn't get seated for me unless he matches a trait that the system can't fill another way.

=j=Jurist
  • Options
    Jurist wrote: »
    Human Saru
    Mok'bara Crusher
    Prisoner Kim

These 3 in particular, especially Crusher and Kim, would go on an abnormally high percentage of voyages if you were to use the Datacore calculator. It favors tanking 1 or more tertiary skills so those points can be allocated to the others, and Crusher and Kim are a perfect combination of high power, AM traits, and skill order to fill out the last couple of slots after the calculator figures out how to set up the top 2 skills. Human Saru has a lot of skillset competition among top voyagers, but Survivalist and Costumed allow him to match traits most cannot.

Barry Waddle would do a lot more work for me if I did not have duplicates of Prisoner Kim. It makes sense that he is the most-used for a lot of people, but his raw power is a tiny bit lower than Kim, so he doesn't get seated for me unless he matches a trait that the system can't fill another way.

=j=Jurist

@Jurist @Ivanstone I'll look into defrosting him
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurist wrote: »
    Human Saru
    Mok'bara Crusher
    Prisoner Kim

These 3 in particular, especially Crusher and Kim, would go on an abnormally high percentage of voyages if you were to use the Datacore calculator.

Previously I would try to fill out my Voyages with high AM and let it go 10 hours. Waddle and Saru have lots of traits so they saw use.

Recently I've been using the calculator to try the Moonshot setting. I have noticed that my high stat crew still gets some work. Waddle and Saru end up going anyways.

I don't have any real alternatives to Waddle. Dexa is close but she's only 3/5. Saru has plenty of competition but you can seat 6 CDSc crew in a Voyage so its rare he doesn't get to go.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    JuristJurist ✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    Recently I've been using the calculator to try the Moonshot setting. I have noticed that my high stat crew still gets some work. Waddle and Saru end up going anyways.

Same; I target duration exclusively now, which really limits the pool of crew Datacore ends up recommending. Multiple sets of top-end duplicates are often recommended. I have 2x 12-hour+ voyages (the 3rd known player with multiples, but have been stuck at 2 for almost 2 months :'( ), so those recommended moonshot setups are often my starting point. I actually prefer the "Original" calculator's suggestions because the newer method heavily favors power over AM to a larger degree than I prefer, plus the newer method tends to set the top 2 skills way too high
  • Options
    Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can probably count on one hand the voyages that Barry W has made for me.

Human Saru makes some when traits align, but not as many as Datacore would probably want.

I also rarely, if ever, use Profit Sarah Sisko, despite everyone knowing she's a top card.

Breen Kira makes fewer seats for me these days.

Lastly, Gary Seven just doesn't stand out as much for me.

On the flip side, my absolute MVPs are the triple copies of FOB or Mycelial Culber. They find voyages where all 6 copies are manning a station.

Every roster is different, so every answer will be unique.
  • Options
    My top ten crew at the moment
    7cnqe0ibutrt.png
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    And mine. Note where the “bad” crew in question are.eh990tpovvwk.jpeg
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    My top crew atm:

Count Of All Voyages
    Barry Waddle 69
    Spock and I-Chaya 60
    Twilight T'Pol 43
    Mycelial Culber 39
    Adira Tal 37

Interesting. I have them all, Spock and I-Chata get alot of use funny enough. Twilight T'pol I froze a long time ago. Adira doesn't get used as much as I thought she would ( got duped Stranded Quarks) and as for Kahless I was very late to the party 🎉. I had him at 2 stars only for AGES, using him as Gauntlet exclusively. I only cited Bom up this honour sale, so will check him out ☺️👍

Though I only have 28 legends and 101 SR maxed.
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    Braxton will have a long way for me until he gets his "Braxit", that's for sure. I would have loved to get Dexa, Holo-Zim and Human Saru, but I was too late for their initial release and too early for their portal entrance.

PS: The biggest surprise to me is that Lieutenant Sahil has only been on one of seven voyages since he's gotten immortal.
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2021
    I can only think of two of my FF legendaries who didn't meet my voyage expectations.

Xahean Adira has a lot of competition from folks like FO Burnham and Picard and #1, but I'm still surprised they aren't on more voyages. Even CMD/SCI they often aren't needed. I don't regret spending the cites, though, given their event potential.

Dereth may not be a great voyager, but he's niche enough I expected to use him more. I suppose it really comes down to traits. Dr. Pollard is very similar crew: niche, strong primary MED, weak secondary. But Pollard usually gets a antimatter boost and Dereth does not. (I also have for more strong MED voyagers in SCI than I do in CMD, which may be why Pollard is more likely to travel).
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    Where are people getting their voyage counts?