Home The Bridge
Options

Returning Saru: Where you at in the Objectives?

I'm digging through the Gauntlet chore now.

wrobhuokibv6.jpg
9k477rqwdi40.jpg

The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"

Comments

• Options
    KanonKanon ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeap, doing gauntlet rounds, so I can get the copy for the last fuse

vpdv1xu85msz.png
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not chasing the rewards hard yet. I'm holding off a bit so I can fuse and level him for next week's objective event.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those gauntlet rounds are a lot for me. I've done more gauntlet in the past two days than the previous six months. I realize we have a long time, but still.
  • Options
    Those gauntlet rounds are a lot for me. I've done more gauntlet in the past two days than the previous six months. I realize we have a long time, but still.

I decided to not stress it, once I finished the other Objective Event requirements. Definitely not a time crunch on that one.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    yeah something like 5 or 6 days for the gauntlet for me. all in all this one feels appropriately like a gift with a little work. no shuttles - so hooray from me!
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    As an aside, bit disappointed with another Dip/Com/Sec. This one is at least partially on us though, for picking Saru!
  • Options
    Arnie wrote: »
    As an aside, bit disappointed with another Dip/Com/Sec. This one is at least partially on us though, for picking Saru!

Mine has been making a lot of Shuttles and is a Star away from Immortalized.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    Scottergun wrote: »
    Arnie wrote: »

Mine has been making a lot of Shuttles and is a Star away from Immortalized.

I'm at 3 stars (working on gauntlet copy) and is finding work, but isn't really the area I need upgrades in.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Very easy month for 3* Legend.
    I'm at 70 gauntlet battles
    Almost 90 level up crew
    Almost 250 ship battles

Not yet doing the upgrade of him until I can fuse it.
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    45 gauntlet rounds left to 5/5 my 2nd copy.
    xt9507pziodr.jpeg
    0fufl5c0apip.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    All I've got left are the Gauntlet bouts. Easy pace on those. I'm certain to finish without the allotted period. He's already making himself useful on shuttle missions. Diplomacy is one of my better skills. I didn't realize what a gap there was in my roster between Professor Sato and my previous number two until Saru took the number two Diplomacy base slot before he was FF.
    Poor locked out W.W. Carlisle
  • Options
    ScottergunScottergun ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    All I've got left are the Gauntlet bouts. Easy pace on those. I'm certain to finish without the allotted period. He's already making himself useful on shuttle missions. Diplomacy is one of my better skills. I didn't realize what a gap there was in my roster between Professor Sato and my previous number two until Saru took the number two Diplomacy base slot before he was FF.

I'm at 66% of 200 for the final Gauntlet Task. So, 68 to go?

g2t1hj824lth.png

No offense is intended, meant, implied, construed, or contained in Red or Blue Pills. Do not use infernally. Never call with a Deuce-Seven Off-Suit. Objects in mirror may be behind you. I want you, I need you, but there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you. The hammer of the gods will drive our ships to new lands. I'm in love with Stacy's mom. So now I come to you with open arms. Sunday is on the way. The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive. Your men love you. If I knew nothing else about you, that would be enough. This Ming is a psycho! Maximum effort! Nothing in this disclaimer construes, implies, or in any way can serve as legal advice.
  • Options
    As I level Saru towards the "Level Returning Saru 90 times", I note that, to gain the achievement, you have to level him to 91 (at level 90, I am at 98.9% of the goal). This makes sense arithmetically. The only problem is that the reward for that achievement (Saru's Uniform legendary) is needed to get past level 90, as I need to fully equip him at level 90 to get him past that point. In essence, I can't use this reward as he will be fully equipped by the time I receive it. (This also happened with Rescued Burnham's epic phaser reward).

Should the threshold be 89 level-ups? So that the reward can be used to level Saru further (rather than being turned into replicator rations, which I need like a hole in the head)? Or are my calculations off in some way (not impossible, I assure you)?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I level Saru towards the "Level Returning Saru 90 times", I note that, to gain the achievement, you have to level him to 91 (at level 90, I am at 98.9% of the goal). This makes sense arithmetically. The only problem is that the reward for that achievement (Saru's Uniform legendary) is needed to get past level 90, as I need to fully equip him at level 90 to get him past that point. In essence, I can't use this reward as he will be fully equipped by the time I receive it. (This also happened with Rescued Burnham's epic phaser reward).

Should the threshold be 89 level-ups? So that the reward can be used to level Saru further (rather than being turned into replicator rations, which I need like a hole in the head)? Or are my calculations off in some way (not impossible, I assure you)?

That item is used twice:

ecumlatoa288.jpeg
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Returning_Saru#Advancement
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    That item is used twice:

ecumlatoa288.jpeg
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Returning_Saru#Advancement
    🖖[/quote]

Yes, it is, but both times before I get the reward (as I don't get the reward till Saru hits 91). It still ends up being useless, except as replicator ration fodder, no?
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can level him past 90 without giving him that final uniform.
  • Options
    ScottergunScottergun ✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Yes, it is, but both times before I get the reward (as I don't get the reward till Saru hits 91). It still ends up being useless, except as replicator ration fodder, no?

No. Once you get him to 91, you get the Uniform. Which he still needs to be Fully Equipped.

c5d68i63rq16.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Aha. Hence my disclosure at the start of my comments that my math could be wrong. Much obliged for the responses!
  • Options
    Aha. Hence my disclosure at the start of my comments that my math could be wrong. Much obliged for the responses!

A lot of the 5* stuff for that first slot gets used twice. It can throw you off.
  • Options
    I've completed the first milestone of Level Up Crew and the second of Shenzou ship battles, but I'm not even done with 50 Gauntlet rounds yet.
  • Options
    I just finished a couple days ago. The Gauntlet was the real slog.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    hermdelicahermdelica ✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

A little trick I did with Resistance Burnham was to level my 2nd, 3rd and 4th copies up to 10 *before* merging. Those level-ups count towards the goal, which I finished while my "main" Burnham was somewhere in the 60-70 range.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished it today. :)

Bit of feedback - it would be nice if the "reward for participating" could be immediately claimable (or sent to our inboxes) once the event is completed by the individual player. It's one thing if someone doesn't fully complete the event to have to wait for the overall event to end, but for those of us that complete it early, it would be great just to close it out. Instead, it'll be 21 days (as of this writing) before the early finishers get the 200 honor reward. Maybe this isn't a major issue, but thought I'd share anyway.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭

Me, too. Just before the event. The gauntlet stuff was hard. Everything else was easy for me where I am in the game and how I play. I realize I could have taken time and made it much easier, but I saw the finish line and wanted to reach it.
  • Options

Me, too. Just before the event. The gauntlet stuff was hard. Everything else was easy for me where I am in the game and how I play. I realize I could have taken time and made it much easier, but I saw the finish line and wanted to reach it.

It was just something I wanted out of the way. Sure, plenty of time left on the clock, but if I put off the grind, I might never get back to it...
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I need 35 more gauntlet rounds then I'm done.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Finished last night and Immortalized for the Weekly Objective Event.
  • Options
    Finished and immorted him about 4 days ago. :)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    95 Gauntlet bouts and making good progress at an easy pace. Might finish him next week sometime.
    Poor locked out W.W. Carlisle
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finished last Friday. Mostly just did my usual gauntlet activity although after a couple levels of fatigue I would just tank the whole crew to get some extra points.

Ended up getting my 3rd Balok and a 4/5 Saru had decent enough stats that I used him in the faction event.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals