Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion Thread: Galaxy/Faction Event - Radio Silence - 2022-01-20

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    Sadly,Union Q is only a worse version of Ezri.
    No gauntlet use for me und too low bases.
    Collection wise, both cover 3. But Ezri is way more useful(at least to me).
    With just a little higher bases or Profs, he would have been more appealing.
    Chance missed. 😏
    f24e8wj7gqer.jpeg
    quwxq8pviflp.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Agreed. Loving the Cutler, and the Enterprise love in general recently. (Kov, Syrran, and now Cutler). Now bring me a game-breaking Shran and we're good.
  • Options
    Yeah, Cutler! Great stats for a purple, three collections, and we get four copies! :Happy dance: Plus, with that "Explorer" title I have hope of another variant someday. This is the 'Strange New World' variant. There *has* to be a version with MED. She was a medic, Phlox's nurse, and filled in his hibernation.
    Poor locked out W.W. Carlisle
  • Options
    I am all in for Cutler, I've been waiting for her to be added
  • Options

I have as well.
    The Artist Formerly Known as "DScottHewitt"
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Great SR card! Great gauntlet card.
    Also, three great factions which is good for my faction items.

This is going to be a very competitive event. I hope I can get one gold.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction as the second phase is not ideal. Having it in the first phase allows for two full sets of doubled rewards, plus the bonus shuttles which can be opened before the changeover.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Calhoun wrote: »
    Faction as the second phase is not ideal. Having it in the first phase allows for two full sets of doubled rewards, plus the bonus shuttles which can be opened before the changeover.

The problem is also that a lot of folks work/ go to school on Thursday and Friday.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I understand what is meant by the part I put in italics. Is my brain slow right now, or have I been missing out on a hidden bonus mechanism?
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I understand what is meant by the part I put in italics. Is my brain slow right now, or have I been missing out on a hidden bonus mechanism?

I think this is a reference to the ability to run shuttles during the first 12 hours of Phase 2 for points.
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

If it’s in the first phase, I can send out sets of shuttles with the 9-hour rewards on the second night and collect them on the third morning (after the first phase has finished). I can also leave a bunch of shuttles open and run them after the first phase ends.

Having it in the second phase prevents both and significantly cuts down the points which can be gained from the faction phase.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got it now, thx. :)
    (and I do these things too, so I’m happy to not be missing a trick!)
  • Options
    [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    "Ranked reward 5* crew: Union Q 5* (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/24."

Am I missing something or shouldn't Union Q be featured in the event starting on 01/27?
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    "Ranked reward 5* crew: Union Q 5* (New) - this crew will be featured event crew in the event starting on 01/24."

Am I missing something or shouldn't Union Q be featured in the event starting on 01/27?
    Looks like a typo. Have you sent a PM to Shan yet, so that she can correct it?
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭

Shan has asked repeated times for people to do that instead of calling her out on the forums.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

Shan has asked repeated times for people to do that instead of calling her out on the forums.

1) I just tried to figure out how to send Shan a PM, just for the sake of knowing how, but couldn't do it. So I, for one, am not going to get on someone's case for letting her know the way they knew how.

2) You make a public post on the Forum, don't be surprised if someone responds via that Forum...

3) Ran Airen has 3 stars in the forum, meaning the poster has less experience here than many others. So it's possible the poster hadn't seen Shan's repeated requests. I, for one, remember seeing it only one time, myself.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

1) I just tried to figure out how to send Shan a PM, just for the sake of knowing how, but couldn't do it. So I, for one, am not going to get on someone's case for letting her know the way they knew how.

2) You make a public post on the Forum, don't be surprised if someone responds via that Forum...

3) Ran Airen has 3 stars in the forum, meaning the poster has less experience here than many others. So it's possible the poster hadn't seen Shan's repeated requests. I, for one, remember seeing it only one time, myself.

1) Here is how to send a PM (mobile browser). 🖖
    v1zvzab4ffyi.jpeg
    nqmiqahgbpdy.jpeg
    cm3jskc8yamr.jpeg
    ruxprdkie656.jpeg
    cht85t27nbyf.jpeg
    2) That is a true statement.
    3) @[RotP]Ran Airen joined this Forum six months before you did (and posted sometimes on the old forum as well), meaning that they have more experience here than you. The rest of your statement is indeed possible.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    I would find it helpful if the faction(s) in a hybrid event were listed in the event rules, as is done in a regular faction event.

Insert this information ...
    "Event Faction
    Federation, Augments, Borg"

... in any of these:
    mlveequir692.png
    2gk15hpa9p25.png
    xzftjzbnbn4f.png
    🖖

Yep- especially as if you've just spent merits and then realise you're not getting any transmissions for them as event rewards (less of an issue due to it being second phase I guess).
  • Options
    So, I guess the Melodies have to be turned in during the Galaxy Phase? I can't remember from the last time we had a Galaxy first Hybrid.

6ra9l5ruxdvc.gif
  • Options
    So, I guess the Melodies have to be turned in during the Galaxy Phase? I can't remember from the last time we had a Galaxy first Hybrid.

6ra9l5ruxdvc.gif
    December 2020:
    https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Tick_Tock
    🖖
  • Options

6ra9l5ruxdvc.gif
    December 2020:
    🖖

Okay? The answer is nowhere in that Wiki page. But, thanx.
  • Options
    edited January 2022

6ra9l5ruxdvc.gif
    December 2020:
    🖖

Perhaps I misunderstood, but that was in response to the second part of your statement, as to when it last happened. Here are the details:

t4xwbni8c13e.jpeg
    I do not know for certain the answer to the question in the first part of your statement, but it seems logical to me that the Super Rare items must be turned in during the phase in which they are earned. 🖖
  • Options

6ra9l5ruxdvc.gif
    December 2020:
    🖖

Perhaps I misunderstood, but that was in response to the second part of your statement, as to when it last happened. Here are the details:

t4xwbni8c13e.jpeg
    I do not know for certain the answer to the question in the first part of your statement, but it seems logical to me that the Super Rare items must be turned in during the phase in which they are earned. 🖖

That is what I am guessing. Sorry my post had extra info. I would figure that the little button to click would be gone.

• Options

She is a good crew addition - too bad she looks like she just got a bad mocha latte and wants to speak to the manager of Starfleet. Karen Cutler????
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made sure to earn enough in the first phase to compensate for having to travel tomorrow and probably getting a bad start on the faction part. Good luck to anyone unable to play the galaxy portion hard. If you want to win, it will take massive boosts.