Home The Bridge

Should I start a second Convergence Day Quark card?

So I got my first Quark from last year's event, then one from the free event pack, then another one from a pull, and eventually FFFEed the card through crew retrieval.

Now what to do with the extra quark...?

Comments

• He's an allright card - plenty of traits so he's seen quite a bit of event work, but not sure I would waste resources completing another copy. A lot of his value comes from being in 4(!) collections but that comes from first copy only of course.
  • No! Crap stats, not worth a dupe.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, no.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I say it depends on your space. I have two legendary cards that each have a 1* duplicate. These extra were accedetal from single drops in honor sales. Since I have lots of slots, I keep them on the remote chance that I'll get another or it will come up in an event. In the worst extremity, I can airlock them for space later and no loss.

Edit: for that matter, it may come up in the pack pull we might get tomorrow. At least wait until then.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a time when CD Quark was a great 2-skill gauntlet option. He (and his close copy, Martian Quark) get 65% crits so they can be fun to use. If you're at a stage where his gauntlet value is useful to you, then I'd say dupe him and try out some double-gauntlets with him. You can always airlock the 1/5 copy at a later date if you find he's not doing what you hoped for.

Otherwise... no. He's a nice card, but not useful enough (in my view) to justify the investment to FF.

But if you're still unsure, ask yourself what a second FF copy will do for your gameplay. Shuttles? Events? Cool bridge crew lineups? If you find a reason, then go for it.
  • JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    550 Honor is nice, you can save it for the next Honor Sale and turn it into a Begold + Citation when you reach 40'000 Honor. :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Use the opportunity to get Honor for Quark and save the resourches.
    German 5618 For more info on us, please check our wiki page: Fleet => click STT Wiki
    ━ Do as you would be done by ━
    Fleet with international Members
    Vice Adm. | Recruiting
    Founded in August 2017
  • I would also echoe the sentiment “no” in this case. For me personally, this particular card sees action once a year, typically around this time. In other events where Quark is centered, with all the other bonus cards out there, this particular card tends to be weaker and not used.

Having said that though, it does depend upon your crew. The needs of a newer player would be different than those of a seasoned player.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0kxyfm2ik1j.gif
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    I have an extra copy too. Got from free 10x event pack pull. I will level to ten and then it's the airlock for him.

Edit for the objective event, cheap 10 leveling .
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also echoe the sentiment “no” in this case. For me personally, this particular card sees action once a year, typically around this time. In other events where Quark is centered, with all the other bonus cards out there, this particular card tends to be weaker and not used.

Having said that though, it does depend upon your crew. The needs of a newer player would be different than those of a seasoned player.

Perfect answer. Because it is an individual thing. Some of us have zero need for a second copy. {My first copy went in the freezer right after last year's Flashback of Convergence Day. But, some players might be able to use two copies, at least for a while.

Some people also held onto their extra copy to Level to ten if the Objective Event goes live.

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Frank? wrote: »
    j0kxyfm2ik1j.gif

So say we all!
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank? wrote: »
    j0kxyfm2ik1j.gif

So say we all!

I did with mine. Quickest decision ever with a 5* dup.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!