Home The Bridge

No Faction objective event

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not see the objective event in the Event hub.
  • SAME
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same. I was out of the game. I reopened it after midnight and no event. I then quit and reopened again and still nothing.

It looks like whatever they're doing on Mondays to load the event got missed with the office closed for MLK day.
  • Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’ll be a 8am ish fix
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022

Edit: you beat on posting by 1 minute.
    We both were probably looking for a post on it. We both could have posted a couple of minutes earlier.

This happened once before I.think they went 12:00pm est

Edit2:No it looks like as soon as they could get it running. So it is closer to your time than mine. But basically sometime between the two.

EDIT3: I just realized you said 8am ish. But, I think what I read said that they open at 9am. So not sure if that time meant a different time zone. So either you are right or just off an hour.

• Mine not showing up either - should have been up 16 min ago…
  • Same.
  • MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭
    This is unfortunate, for WRG.

I know I had a few frustrated posts awhile ago about WRG's "quality control." And I didn't like being that negative. As I thought about it, I realized that at the heart of it, I was tired of paying for a "damaged" product, and "hiring" people to provide an inferior quality service (from my perspective). So I quit spending.

And my frustration with the game decreased.

Just the other day, I thought I might be ready to try a Monthly Card again, and see how it went.

Looks like it will be awhile before I feel like considering it again.
    (Gotta plan for holidays. They're on the calendar for a reason...)
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to throw out there that maybe 12am is not such a good start time for these…

There seems to be too much opportunity for tribbles to get in the food processors.

How about noon to noon so that Alpha Shift is on the bridge when the M5 is supposed to go online?
  • Another stalled OE event, eh?
    I could still be happily snoozing away, but instead I've been restarting the game for the last hour... how hard is it to start an "event" on time, as scheduled?
    I mean, we've had the announcement through the in-game messages for some time now, but after countless restarts, there's still no sign of this elusive OE mini-event!
    I normally like to get all my dailies done ASAP in the morning (5am here), but it's nearly an hour and a half later and I've got things to do!
    =GBP= Bear wrote: »
    Another stalled OE event, eh?
    I could still be happily snoozing away, but instead I've been restarting the game for the last hour... how hard is it to start an "event" on time, as scheduled?
    I mean, we've had the announcement through the in-game messages for some time now, but after countless restarts, there's still no sign of this elusive OE mini-event!
    I normally like to get all my dailies done ASAP in the morning (5am here), but it's nearly an hour and a half later and I've got things to do!

Probably won't start until at least 8am Eastern Time, now.
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this rate, I'll have my shuttles done before it starts. I have copies of crew to fuse, in a holding pattern. I have several dozen crew equipped and ready to level. I have a lvl100, FF crew waiting on a piece of equipment. If we can plan, so can they. I think this shows that none of them actively play it. Otherwise, they would have noticed it isn't up and would informed a coworker or ten.
    Yes, I understand it is their job, not their life, but my mom, who built hospital furniture for nearly 54 years, still took down notes from a couple nurses about a bed they didn't like while visiting my terminally ill uncle after a two hour drive. Mistakes happen, but a pattern is a pattern. Does anyone have the responsibility to check that something starts when it's supposed to? I'm genuinely curious. Is it the job of one person or do they take turns for these midnight starts? I'd think someone would check in on it at some point. Frankly, I'd be a little paranoid about things not being right at this point.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Pennt ihr noch? 🙈
  • I think it’ll be a 8am ish fix

Nooooo :( Gosh, I hope not (that late). By that time where I live the day will already be almost over. Which means, there's no chance in hell, non-US players will have time enough to finish.

edited January 2022
    I’m going to throw out there that maybe 12am is not such a good start time for these…

There seems to be too much opportunity for tribbles to get in the food processors.

How about noon to noon so that Alpha Shift is on the bridge when the M5 is supposed to go online?

IIRC the reason they start at "midnight" reset is because if people do their dailies early, some of the items wouldn't count with a "noon" start.

It's a concept that I agree with (if they could pull it off), because frankly, I don't want to have to wait to do my dailies until "noon." As it is, these mini events are already encouraging me to "wait" on fusing crew, leveling crew, etc., so I can strategically not waste resources to get these resources. How much more should I be encouraged to "not play" the game for awhile, in order to "play" the mini events in the game?

Oh, I totally get that reasoning and in fact I agree with it…
    In theory.

It just seems that the fact that there is no one on hand to make sure it actually goes live properly is going to inevitably cause problems, which is fairly annoying and has already happened twice now. 😬

I was thinking maybe noon on Monday as the previous event ends, but that presents its own issues. 🤷

• Pennt ihr noch? 🙈

Naja, das ist das Problem. 'Noch'? In den USA hat die Nacht gerade erst begonnen. :(

(Translation for English speakers: Hinicha asked if 'you' (probably the mods/devs) are still asleep.
    I replied that that's the problem. That in the US the night has just begun, while here (German speaking countries) it's almost 8 am.)
    Taaya wrote: »

Nooooo :( Gosh, I hope not (that late). By that time where I live the day will already be almost over. Which means, there's no chance in hell, non-US players will have time enough to finish.

Unfortunately, I think that is the time frame it took to get it fixed a previous time something like this happened.

Maybe they will give us something extra via in-game mail for their mistake?

IIRC the reason they start at "midnight" reset is because if people do their dailies early, some of the items wouldn't count with a "noon" start.

It's a concept that I agree with (if they could pull it off), because frankly, I don't want to have to wait to do my dailies until "noon." As it is, these mini events are already encouraging me to "wait" on fusing crew, leveling crew, etc., so I can strategically not waste resources to get these resources. How much more should I be encouraged to "not play" the game for awhile, in order to "play" the mini events in the game?

In theory.

It just seems that the fact that there is no one on hand to make sure it actually goes live properly is going to inevitably cause problems, which is fairly annoying and has already happened twice now. 😬

Yes, someone should be on hand/oncall to make sure these things are working properly. Even with starts during the night. This is a 24/7 game. It should be run as such. Which, (sorry WRG staff), means someone might need to get up to see if things start properly.

For perspective, I work night shift as a nurse. (I'm off tonight, which is why I'm able to post on the forum...) My facility takes care of people 24/7, and staffs accordingly. Now, there are fewer people around at night, but I have a on-call nursing manager I can call if there are issues. And they get called (and woken up) fairly often. So having someone at WRG rotate around to be "on-call" to set an alarm and make sure the event starts properly on time, for a 24/7 game, seems reasonable to me.

But maybe I'm starting to expect too much, again.

In theory.

But maybe I'm starting to expect too much, again.

Well, we are still in the Beta phase of this feature and maybe all we can hope for is that this was a simple oversight due to the Federal Holiday.

Honestly, I would rather that than ongoing technical problems with it going live while unattended overnight. 👍
  • I would speculate there is a client update coming at am reset......
  • I’m going to throw out there that maybe 12am is not such a good start time for these…

In theory.

I was thinking maybe noon on Monday as the previous event ends, but that presents its own issues. 🤷

I think the problem will disappear once the OEs will appear in the event hub in advance, like the other events.

A start at noon ET wouldn't only cause issues with dailies and require an unreasonable amount of planning around reset times, it would also mean that the event either starts right after the previous weekend event ends or ends right before the next one starts (which might give some players even less time to unfreeze crew from the vault after keeping useless crew in the crew quarters to level and fuse for the OE and therefore increase the merit cost of it).
  • This is correct! The Objective event is not there. When @Shan comes online she will answer these 2 threads.
    What will happen? I am mostly sure, the event will start by midday and end by thursday's midday too.
  • This is correct! The Objective event is not there. When @Shan comes online she will answer these 2 threads.
    What will happen? I am mostly sure, the event will start by midday and end by thursday's midday too.

Leider um 12:00 Uhr nicht begonnen…

• It is annoying, as I want to get on with the daily's. But with some of them feeding into prerequisites and the short time window (2 days) to get them all completed. Without paying for it. I am having to wait, like others to do.
  • Objective event hasn’t loaded more than 7 hours after time stated