Home The Bridge
Options

Please stop releasing new crew with horrible 2017 stats. Here: New 5* Orion Captain

Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in The Bridge
This is really a new low. Bases are way to low and profs don t make up for it. 😣
It‘s been a long time that a 3 skill crew had below 3,300 total voyages score(unboosted stats).

Such things doesn t drive sales or/and pulls and its a shame, since the art is quite good.

I totally understand that not every new crew can be a power house,
but we don t have 2016 anymore, as well.
This annoys the players and business wise, it isn t smart at all too.
r8ityec79idh.jpeg
n6m17uea2bbr.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•

Comments

• Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back rested after the holidays and ready to shout into the void again, here are a few traits for Orion Captain. I'd like to think WRG was sincere about "adding value where possible" in their trait audit(s).

Desperate: Orion Captain is willing to blow himself up to maintain neutrality for his people. They can't "outshoot or outrun" the Enterprise and he personally delivers the explosive device.
    LIEUTENANT: The only way to do that is to destroy the Enterprise, and the only way to do that is to destroy ourselves, too.
    ORION: Do you have a plan, Lieutenant?
    LIEUTENANT: Yes, sir. These asteroids are made of highly explosive minerals.
    ORION: Can we convert the asteroid we're orbiting into a doomsday bomb that will destroy both ships?
    LIEUTENANT: Yes, sir, but
    ORION: But what?
    LIEUTENANT: Analysis of the asteroid shows that it can't be detonated by our phasers.
    ORION: What will it take?
    LIEUTENANT: A powerful explosive right on the asteroid's surface. I could rig a remote control device.
    ORION: No. I'll take it with me when I beam down to meet Captain Kirk. I want the satisfaction of seeing his face when I tell him he and his crew are going to die with us.
    ORION: I have an explosive device in my backpack that will start a molecular chain reaction and detonate this asteroid. Your ship will be destroyed.
    KIRK: But so will yours.
    ORION: All unsuccessful Orion missions end in suicide.

Saboteur: Depending on whether or not the Orion ruse to blow up the Enterprise counts as sabotage, they also sabotage the Huron's engines earlier in the episode.
    Captain's log, stardate 6335.6. The Huron has been left as space junk, its engines sabotaged. Captain O'Shea has no idea who attacked his ship, but the intruder must be found and the precious cargo retrieved.
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a child of the 70s and 80s who was a religious viewer of TAS, though, I am happy to see him in some form! 😀

This feeds my suspicion that with all the TAS love recently that it will be the theme of the next collection.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a child of the 70s and 80s who was a religious viewer of TAS, though, I am happy to see him in some form! 😀

This feeds my suspicion that with all the TAS love recently that it will be the theme of the next collection.

I've been wondering about an Orion collection, particularly with their presence in Disco and Lower Decks, which we know is forthcoming. It'd be a brutal one, since there are so few and so many are 5*'s.
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    I actually don't mind the poor stats. He at least has a little utility in the gauntlet.

Honestly - not every crew needs to be great, or even good. It is better if they aren't. Sure, people aren't going to drop a ton of crystals for him, but that's ok.

I'd far prefer them stop releasing so many Golds and Purples, and instead make the Common and Uncommon crew a little more diverse. But that ship sailed a long time ago.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten some new uncommon crew in a while. They were on a roll with introducing a new uncommon or rare every month or so until they changed the reward structure, but since then they've basically forgotten them.
  • Options
    robownage wrote: »
    I actually don't mind the poor stats. He at least has a little utility in the gauntlet.

Honestly - not every crew needs to be great, or even good. It is better if they aren't. Sure, people aren't going to drop a ton of crystals for him, but that's ok.

I'd far prefer them stop releasing so many Golds and Purples, and instead make the Common and Uncommon crew a little more diverse. But that ship sailed a long time ago.

I'm surprised we haven't gotten some new uncommon crew in a while. They were on a roll with introducing a new uncommon or rare every month or so until they changed the reward structure, but since then they've basically forgotten them.

Part of the problem is - that crew really is useless to new players. I'd love to see an Expedition-style Objective event that forced you to clear a few nodes using only Rare crew and under ... that would give those crew real purpose, and provide an excuse to release new ones.

But, since they can't slap a $100 sale on a green crew, I am not optimistic.
    CABTools.app
    Ov (Overall) | Vo (Voyage) | Fa (Faction) | Ga (Gauntlet)
    Sb (Ship Battle) | Bt (Boss Battle Traits) | Co (Collection) | (Cd (Cadet)
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Not every crew should be a good voyage crew.
    It is not a bad gauntlet crew.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's only useless for shuttles and voyages, so if those are your only focus then I can understand your opinion. But those proficiencies are definitely good enough to be useful for gauntlet, although the lack of useful traits hurts him in that respect. But the scores alone are good enough that I'm expecting to see him in gauntlets with not many options for high crit chances. Ship ability's good too, but it takes too long to initialise to really see much use.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    We fail, we die.

Maybe that should not be Plan A. Or B. Or C. Maybe Plan Triple-Zed.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Pirates_of_Orion_(episode)
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2022
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    He's only useless for shuttles and voyages, so if those are your only focus then I can understand your opinion. But those proficiencies are definitely good enough to be useful for gauntlet, although the lack of useful traits hurts him in that respect. But the scores alone are good enough that I'm expecting to see him in gauntlets with not many options for high crit chances. Ship ability's good too, but it takes too long to initialise to really see much use.

His one ranked Gauntlet pair is comparable to Commander Donatra, a three year old super rare crew with better Gauntlet traits. So yes, a hint of usefulness but also quite easily replaced. But that ship ability is a non-startee with a 12 second initialization.

With the Convergence Day "celebrations," I would've liked to see a crew at the level of Fencing Picard ... not one of the weakest legendaries we've had in a while.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    My philosophy has long been that lesser-than stats are okay for me if they have high probability of turning up in the bonus crew pools during subsequent events. A mid-range crew member can leapfrog past the highest non-bonus crew for their event stats. More obscure characters unlikely to have that kind of long term value ought to offset that deficiency by being strong enough for regular, non-event purposes. Unless one places a premium--and niche--value on the gauntlet, this is not that kind of crew member.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Tuesday pack I probably wasn't going to buy. With this crew I'm certainly not going to buy. Does WRG miss out on sales when they release an uncompelling crew, yes. Do I care that I'm skipping this crew, no, I'll never collect them all anyway.

If anything I'm fine seeing them burn bad cards in Tuesday packs so there are better cards in events I can compete for.
  • Options
    AviTrek wrote: »
    It's a Tuesday pack I probably wasn't going to buy. With this crew I'm certainly not going to buy. Does WRG miss out on sales when they release an uncompelling crew, yes. Do I care that I'm skipping this crew, no, I'll never collect them all anyway.

If anything I'm fine seeing them burn bad cards in Tuesday packs so there are better cards in events I can compete for.

This is similar to saying "I'm fine seeing the company that runs the game I like to play make bad business decisions that result in less income for the company and less certainty in the games future"

• Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

This is similar to saying "I'm fine seeing the company that runs the game I like to play make bad business decisions that result in less income for the company and less certainty in the games future"

To be fair, TP is just continuing the tradition of not caring about revenue. It may be their most endearing quality: they tell me when not to spend.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy to skip Tuesday pack
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got him in my third pack and then he came up on my re-spin in Gauntlet. I was tempted to keep spinning until I saw his stats even though I need both super rares.