Home Engineering Room
Options

My Microsoft Store game version is still 8.2.1

According to the communication from yesterday, all platforms are supposed to be updated.
When I search in the Microsoft Store, there's no option to upgrade.

Comments

• Options
    It is there, but for whatever the reason, it's not recognising it as an update.
    We need to uninstall and install it again.
    Then play through the first bit of the prologue, until being able to add your account details.
    And then, very carefully, press Continue, so as not to overwrite your existing account.
    I've just done it and it's now 8.2.2
  • Options
    Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did have to do this to get it to update.
  • Options
    Yeah, that's not a solution, that's a workaround. And it's not OK.
    Forcing the game update when not all platform updates are working. And this is still a problem. People ARE going to miss out on daily tasks because of this.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Is it Microsoft fault? No surprise there.
  • Options
    Regardless of who is at fault, it's a huge dropped ball. Not all players are going to know to look here.
  • Options
    It took me a while to find this. Not happy that there's a problem but hey - these things happen. Really not happy that Wicked Realm have not provided this information in the comms board or the game before I got blocked.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Microsoft Store showed me the game page with
    "What's new in 8.2.2" but didn't show any update available.

I do not have much more info at this point.
    Let's compare windows 10 version?

zmlgnnckfkcl.png

We've checked our data before making the decision to go forward with the force update, it showed us that the majority of Windows 10 players were on 8.2.2

I meant to post this earlier, my apologies.

Our support team is also ready to assist.

• Options
    Same issue - new version shows in store, but not as an update

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎15/‎08/‎2020
    OS build 19043.1526
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

Machine is Surface Pro, so pure MS Windows - no controlling bloatware
  • Options
    Same issue here, no option to update

Edition Windows 10 Pro
    Version 21H1
    Installed on ‎6/‎10/‎2020
    OS build 19043.1526
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

This is running on a desktop PC.
    I also have a laptop PC Running Windows 10 Home. Version, build and Experience the same, only the install date is different, same issue.
  • Options
    Same issue and opened a Support Ticket. Somewhat nervous about reinstalling and accidentally overwriting my account and progress. Think I will await the Support response and continue playing on my phone.
  • Options
    6o2bzv7uhlp4.png
    not working here either.
    0ccb6nzpprt0.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you reinstall the app you will start from scratch and will need to log in again.
    This article explains how https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216746497-How-do-I-play-Star-Trek-Timelines-on-multiple-devices-or-Facebook-

When the game starts do not go too fast, pay attention to when the Menu icon will show, so you'll be able to access settings and log in quickly.

Otherwise you will have to finish the tutorial before being able to access the Menu and Settings.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    6o2bzv7uhlp4.png
    not working here either.
    0ccb6nzpprt0.png

You have no play button because you are still on 8.2.1.
    The current issue for some of you is that the store does not prompt you to update.

If your store page shows you the following
    1fe05uhd3ogd.png

Remove the app and install it again, provided that your progress is linked to credentials such as an email address/password or a FB profile.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2022
    At this point should we be even surprised?

Shan wrote: »
    When you reinstall the app you will start from scratch and will need to log in again.
    This article explains how https://startrektimelines.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/216746497-How-do-I-play-Star-Trek-Timelines-on-multiple-devices-or-Facebook-

When the game starts do not go too fast, pay attention to when the Menu icon will show, so you'll be able to access settings and log in quickly.

Otherwise you will have to finish the tutorial before being able to access the Menu and Settings.

Uh, no it doesn't really help.

No offense at all meant, but this is a CLEAR reason why the company might wanna do some actual testing, instead of using the players are the testing team. This should have been caught BEFORE the FORCED Update.......

PPPPPP
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    This is 100% NOT OK - I am not uninstalling and reinstalling a game I have played this long and hope that I don't screw something up and erase my current game.

Please notify us when this problem has been fixed.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Not sure if related, but on the tablet, where I can play:

mfx6k2ex8fxf.png
    nicj1c32ppyr.png

Claimed my Event Rewards already, and now cannot open the Event Tab......

• Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

mfx6k2ex8fxf.png
    nicj1c32ppyr.png

This is not related so please keep this discussion on topic - for your concern contact our Support Team. Thank you!
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bekka wrote: »
    This is 100% NOT OK - I am not uninstalling and reinstalling a game I have played this long and hope that I don't screw something up and erase my current game.

Please notify us when this problem has been fixed.

Thanks!

You cannot erase your game as it is saved on our servers.
    The most important thing is whether or not you have registered your account, with an email/password or your FB profile. As you've been playing for a long time, I imagine that you did take that precaution?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    went to the MS store after uninstalling the game. Installed the "New" version....

No joy... still reports as having 8.2.1 and the init screen is stuck at about 50% with "Powering Nacelles"

I've followed the few instructions i can find, but cannot get back into the game.

running W10
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    went to the MS store after uninstalling the game. Installed the "New" version....

No joy... still reports as having 8.2.1 and the init screen is stuck at about 50% with "Powering Nacelles"

I've followed the few instructions i can find, but cannot get back into the game.

running W10

What do you mean by : still reports as having 8.2.1?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    We were able to reverse the force update for Windows 10/11 meaning that you can continue to play while being on 8.2.1.

Tomorrow we're hoping to have a better solution that will allow everyone to update normally.

Thank you for your patience, and our apologies for the inconvenience.
  • Options

mfx6k2ex8fxf.png
    nicj1c32ppyr.png

This is not related so please keep this discussion on topic - for your concern contact our Support Team. Thank you!

Okay. No offense at all. But I am an end-user with ZERO connection to the company. Niot sure how I was supposed to know before I asked. Have a nice night.
  • Options

running W10

after reinstalling from the Microsoft store, launch the game, it immediately get a server error telling me i have to update to v8.2.2 and that I still have v8.2.1....
  • Options
    the workaround is a problem for me because i might not remember the password for the game because its been a long time since i logged in through the app and i dont know if the password is stored someplace i can look.so if i can't remember the password i can't log in...
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭

running W10

after reinstalling from the Microsoft store, launch the game, it immediately get a server error telling me i have to update to v8.2.2 and that I still have v8.2.1....

That is very odd.
    In the Microsoft Store, when you search for Star Trek Timelines and look at the game page, do you see the following?

wiw1unzrw9le.png
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    the workaround is a problem for me because i might not remember the password for the game because its been a long time since i logged in through the app and i dont know if the password is stored someplace i can look.so if i can't remember the password i can't log in...

1. Could you please try again to launch the game, we've made it so that players still on 8.2.1 should still be able to play.

2. If you have forgotten your password, you can initiate a password reset here
    https://games.disruptorbeam.com/auth/reset
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recapping here: players still on 8.2.1 should now be able to continue playing.
    We hope to have a better solution tomorrow.
  • Options
    BekkaBekka ✭✭✭
    We were able to reverse the force update for Windows 10/11 meaning that you can continue to play while being on 8.2.1.

Tomorrow we're hoping to have a better solution that will allow everyone to update normally.

Thank you for your patience, and our apologies for the inconvenience.

Thank you!!
  • Options
    This is sort of related, maybe in a future client release add an option immediately upon installing to connect to an existing game, with no possibility of overwriting it?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sort of related, maybe in a future client release add an option immediately upon installing to connect to an existing game, with no possibility of overwriting it?

I am not sure what you mean by overwriting it.
    As soon as you do a fresh install, you start a fresh, your saved data is on our servers.
    Logging in allows you to quickly get back into your account.