Options

Medical Science pack offer

13»

Comments

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    Ace Boogie wrote: »
    Stronger med cards have been a long time coming!

That being said, it’s completely ridiculously to make Culbers core skill 180 above mobile dr and 366 over the next highest. Mobile dr was already out of wack compared to the rest.

I know these stats aren’t based on logic or reason but why make him 30% greater than all the characters we grew up on and love. Imho an appropriate number would be 1100-1250.

This isn’t power creep. It’s power leap.
    I have to add to your comment.
    Is Discovery taking place between Enterprise and TOS. If so then their stats should not be higher unless they are from vastly superior races who will still be more advanced then future crew for hundreds of years.

Spock never seems to be mentioned as a possible ENG/SCI/MED yet he has knowledge of all three. He may not treat people but he researched medical cures.
    Edit: the problem for Spock he usually will get one of the other three skills before MED.
  • Options
    I got a Mobile Doc and two Doc Crushers! Yay me!
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    Spock never seems to be mentioned as a possible ENG/SCI/MED yet he has knowledge of all three. He may not treat people but he researched medical cures.
    Edit: the problem for Spock he usually will get one of the other three skills before MED.

Spock is in a tricky situation, because he wears too many hats. He's the science officer in TOS, he's also the head security officer, and also second-in-command. So often times when we do get Spock he's SCI, COM, and SEC. When he isn't, he's the only Vulcan on-board so that acts in a DIP capacity, or he's helping fix something which is an ENG skill. We almost never see him doing anything MED, even though he has some MED knowledge.

It's definitely the too-many-hats syndrome coupled with the fact all of his screentime is spent showing his primary SCI/COM/SEC combo or ENG or DIP.

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was really hoping for EMH or Culber, two pulls one Doc Crusher and one McCoy. Ah well, c'est la vie. Wont be spending anymore to try and get them; toooo frickin' expensive!
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Was hoping for Culber but instead I got a behold with EMH Doc, Pah Wraith Dukat, and Crell Moset! Took Moset and wound up with even better med crew than I expected.
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    DB, you missed a perfect opportunity to include Dr. Chapel and sell more packs.

They have a last chance to include her in the event pack, will be nice, but those smart brains from DB will not think about this variant...
  • Options
    I caved in and went for Culber despite having everyone else immortalized. Got him in 2000 dil. One Troy and everyone else except for a North Star archer went into the airlock. Got a captain la forge first which triggered the double up offer which I took.

Now the question is, I have 100k honor saved up for the change in honor hall. Should I just burn it for Culber straight away?
  • Options
    Morn wrote: »
    I caved in and went for Culber despite having everyone else immortalized. Got him in 2000 dil. One Troy and everyone else except for a North Star archer went into the airlock. Got a captain la forge first which triggered the double up offer which I took.

Now the question is, I have 100k honor saved up for the change in honor hall. Should I just burn it for Culber straight away?

I would be patient in your shoes. With the new addition to the honor hall coming in the near future, saving up some honor to either be close to grabbing him or her, or grabbing that crew member immediately is a prudent course of action. Looking at Culber's stats, he's really good even at 1/5.
  • Options
    I bought the pack twice. Going in I had Mobile Doctor 1/5, Katra McCoy 1/4, and Doc Crusher 1/4. Didn't have any of the other 3. After 2 pulls I got a second star on McCoy, and pulled Medic Paris for 1/4. I also got a 4* behold and FF'ed my Riley Frasier. All in all not bad, I may get it one more time, we'll see.
  • Options

I would be patient in your shoes. With the new addition to the honor hall coming in the near future, saving up some honor to either be close to grabbing him or her, or grabbing that crew member immediately is a prudent course of action. Looking at Culber's stats, he's really good even at 1/5.

Yeah, think you're right. Just so tempting to burn that honor. It's just sitting there you know...
  • Options
    Have CM Paris Immortalized, not spinning the wheel of sadness. As many others have said, if I'm gonna spin, I want to win.

I would even be open to trying if there were one "reshuffle" per 10x pull . Doing a reshuffle disqualifies the featured pack drop from re-dropping in the same (repull) pull. Only one reshuffle per 10x -. Add that, you'll have an uptick in pack buys. At least to some degree.
  • Options

Yeah, think you're right. Just so tempting to burn that honor. It's just sitting there you know...

I don't know if it helps, but you know, misery loves company... I am doing the very same thing now. I am lookling at almost 120k honor, just sitting there, waiting for the next addition to the honor hall. Still, I am sure it is the correct decision, because honor hall additions are usually extremely useful (Kahless was killing it in the Gauntlet for a long time until more people picked him up)and will surely have great stats to boot.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the new Honour Hall character too, although I've got 50k sitting there begging me to put the last star on Honey Bare. :|
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Options
    6 packs, got one mobile doctor, one goddess Troi, two Crusher and two Paris. I didn't have any of these and was low on MED so I saw it as a win-win. As per everyone else, a Culver would have been nice though.
    Colored Tribbles Fleet recruiting now - lvl 30 and above are welcome!
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have any of the purples fully fused, so I took a shot at three packs. First two were excellent (didn't get my desired Katra McCoy who I still don't have now) and got additional stars for Doc Crusher (now FF) and Combat Medic Paris (now 2/4) ... and then Mobile Doctor dropped (immortal) and ruined my DYS for Leonardo Da Vinci ... ROFL! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the 3 offers of $6.99 for 1000 chrons, some amount of dilithium, and maybe some trainers? I forget what all was in there. But it netted me 1200 dil and 3000 chrons. So with the dil I already had saved, I decided to pull some packs from this pack and the event pack.

From the event pack I got 1/4 Commander Chapel, nice! So now I'll be able to FF her this event.
    I also got 1/5 Da Vinci, which also gave me the double up offer so I took it. He's our first SCI/ENG/MED, of course I'm taking it!

From the MED pack, I got 1/5 Dr. Culber who I focused the bulk of my chrons on. Holy hell at 1/5 he has over 1000 MED!
    I pulled 2 Trois which got my 3/5 Troi FF'd.
    Then I got 2 Doc Crushers, so now she's 3/4.

All in all, this set of pulls have been some of my best to date I think.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    2x Katra
    1x Doc Crusher
    Interested in being part of the TLA fun?