Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion thread: Galaxy Event: Memories of Midnight - 2022-03-10

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    New crew isn t in vault yet and the event not visible under the event hub?
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is coming!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k29smyvew5h.jpg

Gambler?
    A witty and inquisitive Vulcan who befriended several ensigns. He was enthusiastic about his work with La Forge on the warp drive.

The happy, friendly, poker-playing Vulcan is perhaps a Maverick? Just seems like they're giving crew the bare minimum traits lately.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k29smyvew5h.jpg

Gambler?
    A witty and inquisitive Vulcan who befriended several ensigns. He was enthusiastic about his work with La Forge on the warp drive.

The happy, friendly, poker-playing Vulcan is perhaps a Maverick? Just seems like they're giving crew the bare minimum traits lately.

Calling out that an ensign befriended several ensigns is kind of odd. That would be like saying, "Lt. Cmdr La Forge, the chief engineer of the Enterprise who befriended several bridge officers"

Taurik is an ensign, of course he's friends with other ensigns. It should be something like "A witting and inquisitive Vulcan who was among a group of ensigns serving on the Enterprise" or something else like that.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    The artwork for the Princess is as beautiful as the original actress was as a princess!
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Just seems like they're giving crew the bare minimum traits lately.

Yeah, the more collections we get the less traits we are getting.

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peets wrote: »
    Just seems like they're giving crew the bare minimum traits lately.

Yeah, the more collections we get the less traits we are getting.

If they're going to continue to introduce crew with weak stats, then collections and collection bonuses will be the only value in the crew. The less traits they have the less reason players have to even bother.
  • Options
    Where Taurik and Vorik related? Just asking... ;)
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Uh, which one is right? The Facebook announcement says Romulans get a bonus,
    ltjn66ranbbo.png
    but your post here and the Event Hub don't mention it.
    z2eqc8wnvc19.png
    I'd like to let my fleet know and shuffle my crew a bit, if so.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Same on Twitter:

e6rhsvqxzczs.jpeg
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game data does not seem to include Romulan. But they could change that with today's server update.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will check it out, hang out.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's a blunder on my part, I will amend the social posts.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Thanks! I erred on the side of caution and worked on my Romulans some anyway. No big deal.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    hermdelicahermdelica ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    Did we lose an hour at the end of this event because of Daylight Saving Time in the Eastern time zone (which is where I believe WRG is)?

By that I mean: the event is ending about ~30 minutes after the time of this post, but I think it should be ~90 minutes.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    hermdelica wrote: »
    Did we lose an hour at the end of this event because of Daylight Saving Time in the Eastern time zone (which is where I believe WRG is)?

By that I mean: the event is ending about ~30 minutes after the time of this post, but I think it should be ~90 minutes.
    They announced it before, but I don't think about UT much since Arizona doesn't play that game.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    Yup, I got hosed by the time change. Didn’t cash in my bonus items as I was doing some late grinding of items to boost my position in the table.

Well, if they rerun this event, I should have 600+ items in my event inventory.
  • Options
    They announced it before, but I don't think about UT much since Arizona doesn't play that game.

Oh yeah, they did announce it. Fair enough.
  • Options
    Sven LundgrenSven Lundgren ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ljofa wrote: »
    Yup, I got hosed by the time change. Didn’t cash in my bonus items as I was doing some late grinding of items to boost my position in the table.

I think they disappear after the event.
  • Options

I think they disappear after the event.

Nope.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scott's right. I'm not sure if you can find them anywhere in "active" inventory (for lack of a better term) after the event ends, but I've played some repeat galaxies where I started with a handful of the rare items before crafting anything. I've never had a bucketful like @Ljofa might have though!
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    S’right. There’s no ‘active’ inventory for event items but I too have seen pre-crafted items in Galaxy Events. Ah well. Still managed to get in the 1000-1500 bracket.
  • Options
    Scott's right. I'm not sure if you can find them anywhere in "active" inventory (for lack of a better term) after the event ends, but I've played some repeat galaxies where I started with a handful of the rare items before crafting anything. I've never had a bucketful like @Ljofa might have though!

They CAN be easily found during the Event if you are Replicating something, but after the Event, they are no longer near the top of the list of available stuff when Replicating. I think they go into a null space room until the Event re-runs.

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made the same mistake last year, went to turn in my rare items at the last minute and found out the event was already over. Missed out on a couple of copies of Mirror Culber as a result.

If we ever have a rerun/flashback of Baby Boom then I've got over 1000 items as a head start.
  • Options
    I cash in items at Phase change and then as I get them just to avoid this. I can see waiting until the value goes up, but last minute seems excessive.
  • Options
    LjofaLjofa ✭✭✭
    It’s the perverse joy of going from a minor finish to a great one.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's defense against everyone else doing it. If you think you're fine and then everyone else turns in at the end you can drop too much to recover.

If you turn in at the end with everyone else then you jump over people not turning in and you're less likely to drop from others turning in.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually set a goal for how fat to go in a galaxy event and don't bother with watching the ranks. If I'm not going to plan for 600K VP, I don't even bother. If I want to be sure of top 750, I plan for at least 700K VP.
  • Options
    I cash in items at Phase change and then as I get them just to avoid this. I can see waiting until the value goes up, but last minute seems excessive.
    It’s the perverse joy of going from a minor finish to a great one.

This. People wait until the very end to try and jump levels and finish much better.
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few years ago, there was a server crash during the last hour of a galaxy event. A lot of players were unable to cash in at the end. DB (I believe it was still that era) adjusted the rewards to compensate players (torches extinguished), but they could've shrugged and let it be. Buyer beware, as the saying goes.

@DavideBooks highlights an important point. Regardless of our individual preferences for turn-in timing, the final VP totals for various rank levels are relatively consistent for each event type (within a several month time range). So if you can learn a bit about the VP totals from recent events for the rank level you care about, you can do a pretty good job of reaching the rank you want regardless of your turn-in timing. Adjust your VP target a bit based on the potential popularity of a card (e.g., is it Spock or Leila Kalomi?) and most players should be ok whether they turn in at 49 hours or 95 hours into the event.