Options

25th Century Q

Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 2022 in The Bridge
Loving the artwork on the new Q!

lydocjd5zwh4.jpg

sq2p0iv3z5tj.jpg

x49urdf3bqsz.jpg

Feeding him trainers seems to have excited him!

yvmhmpymnbuj.jpg

a1vdjo8lan8o.jpg

eme61a3li1e8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    [QH] Oxmyx[QH] Oxmyx ✭✭✭✭
    I didn’t get the glitch of the new card, but I’m having difficulty posting it lol. Its a nice card i think, giving me a little of a Tom Jones in a trench coat vibe.

Fleet= Quarks Holosuite
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bylo Band wrote: »

<grumbling intensifies>

If this was not resolved by a restart, on what device/platform are you experiencing this?
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

<grumbling intensifies>

If this was not resolved by a restart, on what device/platform are you experiencing this?

Android, Samsung Galaxy something or other. I mostly found it amusing and thought I'd share to try and lift some spirits.

Since nobody else started a thread for him I just went for it, but everyone, feel free to comment about anything about the card/character, I titled the thread as generic as possible for a reason :)
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2022
    My art just looked fine, right from the very start, when the crew was added to the vault. iOS Apple.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    iswvv1g6uzru.jpeg
    Q’s brooch is labelled as “broach”. Presume this is a typo - can you confirm please @Shan
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    iswvv1g6uzru.jpeg
    Q’s brooch is labelled as “broach”. Presume this is a typo - can you confirm please @Shan

They're both valid spellings.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t hoach my broach.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it wasn't a Q breech baby.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me that item is a brooch, and I've found various articles explaining the difference between the noun brooch and the verb broach.

My brain pronounces them differently ;p
    But now with the article that Avitrek shared, it looks like it can be both o.O
  • Options
    Valid they may be, but no-one I know that is a native speaker of European English or similarly North American English spells it as “broach”.

I did indeed see the irony of broaching the subject.

I will take my jewellery pedantry elsewhere, or perhaps just become accustomed start using antiquated spelling more regularly.
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    iswvv1g6uzru.jpeg

• Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valid they may be, but no-one I know that is a native speaker of European English or similarly North American English spells it as “broach”.

I did indeed see the irony of broaching the subject.

I will take my jewellery pedantry elsewhere, or perhaps just become accustomed start using antiquated spelling more regularly.
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    iswvv1g6uzru.jpeg

FWIW, I've always spelled it "broach". "Brooch" has always looked a bit weird to me.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I spell it "brooth", so do most militaria collectors. That's the norm I'm used to.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once more unto the Toe-mah-toe, dear friends!

xf3fyrdxzi7v.jpeg

• Options
    Finding this challenge a bit frustrating. I’ve got Q and Raffi both up to 100 but still not achieved the “level up Picard. Crew”, am I missing something/someone?
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finding this challenge a bit frustrating. I’ve got Q and Raffi both up to 100 but still not achieved the “level up Picard. Crew”, am I missing something/someone?

Only 25th Century Q counts. Previous Q are not Picard crew. I've gotten credit for leveling up 25th Century Q.

Raffi should count, but remember it's not have a Picard crew at 100. It's level them up during the event. If you leveled Raffi up before the objective event, just having her at 100 won't qualify. You need to level a Picard crew during the objective event.
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    Also, there is still time enough left.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since one of the Objectives to get copies of him is to Level Crew from the series, might be a good time to point out that searching Crew Quarters by series would a nice QoL improvement. Just an idea.

This is a great idea, and thank you for suggesting it in this thread.

In the interim, could someone from WRG produce a list of the crew that do qualify for this Level Crew objective? It seems to me that an official list from the studio would help a whole lot & remove any doubt.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    These crew should all qualify.
    Activated Dahj
    Admiral Kirsten Clancy
    Altan Inigo Soong
    Borg Queen Seven
    Commodore Oh
    Cristóbal Rios (edited)
    Dahj On The Run
    Dr. Agnes Jurati
    Elnor
    Executive Director Hugh
    Facer Rios
    Fenris Ranger Seven
    General Oh
    Investigator Laris
    Kestra Troi-Riker
    Lt. Commander Raffaela Musiker
    Lt. Rizzo
    Mournful Elnor
    Mr. Vup
    Narek
    Nepenthe Riker
    Nepenthe Troi
    Picard and Number One
    Raffi Musiker
    Reclamation Narissa
    Resigned Picard
    Reunion Raffi
    Security Laris
    Sinister Picard
    Soji Asha
    Sutra
    U.S.S. Zheng He Riker
    Vashti Picard
    Zhaban

Thank you, @[Wolf 359] Admiral Sven Lundgren. That is very helpful. 🖖

It would also be helpful if someone from WRG could confirm this list.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    These crew should all qualify.
    Activated Dahj
    Admiral Kirsten Clancy
    Altan Inigo Soong
    Borg Queen Seven
    Commodore Oh
    Cristóbal Rios (edited)
    Dahj On The Run
    Dr. Agnes Jurati
    Elnor
    Executive Director Hugh
    Facer Rios
    Fenris Ranger Seven
    General Oh
    Investigator Laris
    Kestra Troi-Riker
    Lt. Commander Raffaela Musiker
    Lt. Rizzo
    Mournful Elnor
    Mr. Vup
    Narek
    Nepenthe Riker
    Nepenthe Troi
    Picard and Number One
    Raffi Musiker
    Reclamation Narissa
    Resigned Picard
    Reunion Raffi
    Security Laris
    Sinister Picard
    Soji Asha
    Sutra
    U.S.S. Zheng He Riker
    Vashti Picard
    Zhaban

Thank you, @[Wolf 359] Admiral Sven Lundgren. That is very helpful. 🖖

It would be helpful if someone from WRG could confirm this.

This post has the list pulled from the game data. It includes the two extra cards that are misclassified. The discussion also mentions the Laris missing the trait.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/comment/256714/#Comment_256714

If you're unsure about a crew I would suggest leveling once and confirming you get credit in the event.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Chiming in:
    - I've brought up the concerns when an objective event refers to crew from a specific series while there is no way to search per series. The list above looks correct to me
    - Investigator Laris is indeed not counting at this time and this should be corrected with this week's server.

Thank you, @Shan . Also, thanks to @AviTrek for the helpful tip about leveling once to confirm. 🖖
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭

<grumbling intensifies>

@shan , to get just a tad off track here and go back to the beginning of this thread, in the engineering section “trouble in earths space dock” thread shows exact same error of visually blank crew cards and other blank or malfunctioning sections of the game since the last upgrade. The same continuing glitches have gotten much worse. It is not just the new Q card.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know some of the Objectives for Q show the wrong reward (empty box, weird amount, et c) after it's completed and the correct item is given.
    It makes no difference to gameplay, but it might be useful in tracking the sources of some of these glitches. If blocks of code were copied, pasted, and modified, glitches become cumulative. It happens. I use a "template" on my website. It's clean foundation code I can build off of, so I totally understand the practice. I also know how easy it is for bugs to spread. Track it backwards and you can fix it easy enough.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Q will now be my Immortalize for the next Objective Event. Ready tp go once I get the last copy in the next day or two. Maybe three. Then a Cite next week when the Objective is live.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    DAEDAE ✭✭✭
    I know some of the Objectives for Q show the wrong reward (empty box, weird amount, et c) after it's completed and the correct item is given.
    It makes no difference to gameplay, but it might be useful in tracking the sources of some of these glitches. If blocks of code were copied, pasted, and modified, glitches become cumulative. It happens. I use a "template" on my website. It's clean foundation code I can build off of, so I totally understand the practice. I also know how easy it is for bugs to spread. Track it backwards and you can fix it easy enough.

This. 🖖🏻😍 YES!!!!! This is exactly the problem and why ive spent an enormous amount of time taking video and screenshots to send in of recurring, ongoing glitches. But over 2 years of this has gotten me nowhere.
    Thank you, another person who can say its not that hard to fix. Lets get it done.