Home The Bridge

Lower Decks

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
It looks like a different company got a license for a Lower Decks game. I wonder if this impacts STT getting a license for the characters.

Comments

• (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not available in US as of yet. Room for more than one trek game but I certainly hope stt gets Lower Decks rights soon and characters in game.
    Let’s fly!
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    We're still working on it!
    And it is true that there is room for more Star Trek games :)

Glad to hear you're still working on it. I agree there is room for more Star Trek games. I was concerned maybe that game got an exclusive license, but sounds like that's not the case.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks interesting, but it is aimed at Teens.
    STT is a little bit more mature.

Yes, we also have fleet command, which has licensed TNG recently.
    I never liked fleet command, the concept was poor, and the PvP cheating terrible.
  • DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it is probably like Diznee with the Marvel stuff. Room for them in multiple games. Paramount would miss an opportunity if they made that series/crew exclusive. Plus, Mariner is live-action on NetFlix now. Probably make her popularity grow.
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plus, Mariner is live-action on NetFlix now. Probably make her popularity grow.

I'm not sure what this means, but there is neither a live action Mariner nor new Star Trek on Netflix.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    AviTrek wrote: »

I'm not sure what this means, but there is neither a live action Mariner nor new Star Trek on Netflix.

I believe Scott might be referring to the actress, and her role in Space Force on Netflix.

Her voice actor is in the cast of "Space Force".

I believe Scott might be referring to the actress, and her role in Space Force on Netflix.

This.
  • Shan wrote: »

Oh please no!

Oh please no!

Not room for more games?

Or you don't want Lower Decks Crew? Because there is a simple solution to that second personal preference......

• No I don't want any Rick and Morty with a Star Trek skin. Of all the new Star Treks that one's is easily the most horrible.
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I don't want any Rick and Morty with a Star Trek skin. Of all the new Star Treks that one's is easily the most horrible.

You havn t seen Prodigy i assume? :D

And btw i like Lower Lecks. Was sceptical first as well.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I don't want any Rick and Morty with a Star Trek skin. Of all the new Star Treks that one's is easily the most horrible.

Prodigy is fun. Jason Mantzoukas was born to play a Tellarite and Holojaneway is a boss.
    VIP 13 - 305 Crew Slots - 915 Immortals
  • (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »

Prodigy is fun. Jason Mantzoukas was born to play a Tellarite and Holojaneway is a boss.

And don’t forget Murf.

d0tmz9d82id4.jpeg
    Let’s fly!
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prodigy's season finale, "A Moral Star I & II", is very good Trek. "Time Amok" is pretty good too.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have mixed opinions regarding Lower Decks (and Prodigy, for that matter).

I like that Lower Decks is laughing with Trek, instead of at it. It even brings up some good criticisms along the way. However, nearly every episode needs to dip into really juvenile humor once or twice, and that does nothing for me. S1 Mariner is often intentionally annoying to other characters, but in my opinion equally annoying the the audience. She better in S2.

In my opinion, Prodigy can't decide what sort of show it wants to be. Sometimes it's an outsider show introducing Trek to a newer audience - light on lore, but with a similar spirit of cooperation, exploration, and adventure. I think it does this well. Other times it triple-downs on the references, which almost all fall flat for me. And at its worst, it's knock off Clone Wars. I think Prodigy can shake off that last bit, but I worry it can't let go off the references long enough to really find itself.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that Lower Decks is laughing with Trek, instead of at it. It even brings up some good criticisms along the way. However, nearly every episode needs to dip into really juvenile humor once or twice, and that does nothing for me. S1 Mariner is often intentionally annoying to other characters, but in my opinion equally annoying the the audience. She better in S2.

In my opinion, Prodigy can't decide what sort of show it wants to be. Sometimes it's an outsider show introducing Trek to a newer audience - light on lore, but with a similar spirit of cooperation, exploration, and adventure. I think it does this well. Other times it triple-downs on the references, which almost all fall flat for me. And at its worst, it's knock off Clone Wars. I think Prodigy can shake off that last bit, but I worry it can't let go off the references long enough to really find itself.

Every first season of every Star Trek series fits that "trying to decide what it wants to be." :) I thought Picard would be an exception, but nope. They went one direction in S1, then S2 was like "sure, that happened, but that's not what we're doing this season."
    Farewell 🖖

Every first season of every Star Trek series fits that "trying to decide what it wants to be." :) I thought Picard would be an exception, but nope. They went one direction in S1, then S2 was like "sure, that happened, but that's not what we're doing this season."

I think Prodigy has an even harder first season task than other Star Trek stuff. It's their first season, plus they are doing something that has not a Trek thing before. Being specifically geared more towards getting younger viewers involved. {Even though I am not the only 50+ year old viewer.}

I think Prodigy has an even harder first season task than other Star Trek stuff. It's their first season, plus they are doing something that has not a Trek thing before. Being specifically geared more towards getting younger viewers involved. {Even though I am not the only 50+ year old viewer.}

Nah. Every Trek tries to expand audience. Except Enterprise.

TOS: horny nerds
    TNG: new generation of nerds
    DS9: first black captain (black nerds)
    VOY: first female captain (female nerds)
    ENT: back to the (mostly white) horny nerds
    DSC: new generation of nerds
    PIC: 2 generations of nerds
    LWD: comedy-loving nerds (not to mention black female captain and lead)
    PDG: kid nerds (plus Janeway so parents watch too)

You list has one common phrase in each category. I feel like I should be offended. And yet, I'm not! :smiley:

I AM offended.

I'm a horny nerd who likes all the series.

You list has one common phrase in each category. I feel like I should be offended. And yet, I'm not! :smiley:

I AM offended.

See how being a nerd is more important than all those other things? ;) I speak from first hand knowledge.
    Farewell 🖖
  • W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭

I AM offended.

Me too. I'm a horny female nerd. They implied I can't be both kind of nerds.😋
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

I AM offended.

Did I imply that?
    Farewell 🖖

I AM offended.

Did I imply that?

Voyager.

I AM offended.

Did I imply that?

Voyager.

That no more implies it than DS9 implies there's no horny black nerds. Which seems utterly laughable to me. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

I AM offended.

Did I imply that?

Voyager.

That no more implies it than DS9 implies there's no horny black nerds. Which seems utterly laughable to me. :D

TAS— horny cartoon nerds FTW! 😝

I AM offended.

Did I imply that?

Voyager.

I haven't actually watched TAS. I uh... didn't realize it was that kind of cartoon. :D
    Farewell 🖖
  • Commodore PackCommodore Pack ✭✭✭✭✭

I AM offended.

Did I imply that?

Voyager.

I haven't actually watched TAS. I uh... didn't realize it was that kind of cartoon. :D

Oh, indeed it is, indeed it is…

20uihvm8usnm.jpeg

y30kwsnevs8m.jpeg

Never underestimate the early seventies.