Comments

• Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    AviTrek wrote: »
    This looks very cool. I like it's reliance on traits, which has the potentially to give a lot of existing crew a bump in usefulness. To that end, it's nice to see some traits aren't also used in voyages. And I'm not just saying that because of "Denobulan." :smiley:

The bridge is unexpected, and looks quite interesting. I can't wait to learn more.
    the screen seemed to imply that it was based on the damage you did (like a threshold reward).
    This was my take away as well.

One thing I hope they consider, allow us to use frozen crew. We have so many frozen crew with a variety of traits. I don't want to have to guess trait matches, search the vault for my frozen crew, unfreeze them, try them out, and then freeze them again to try a different crew. If this is truly about utilizing our crew depth, it should be the full depth and not just the crew we have active.

I disagree with this

We could never warp cadet missions for a long time & had to keep freezing/unfreezing crew. You knew the essential crew to keep(women/starfleet/aliens) all the time
    Not to mention missions - which there haven't been any new ones in ages. About time for some more what with Disco/Picard/LD & now SNW
    Not being able to use frozen crew will add a new challenge & strategy to the game
    It will bring a new challenge to the

Reposting this because I was logged out & signed in as a guest

The difference is we knew there were limited requirements. As long as we had 3 starfleet, 3 women, and 3 aliens we were good. This entire system seems based on trying different crew with different traits to figure out who unlocks the node. And if each boss battle uses the same traits that'll be boring fast, so I assume each battle will have different traits. So now it's not about finding the optimal 3 crew, it's about finding the correct crew among all of our crew. That's a lot more crew to keep active.

You needed more than 3 starfleet, 3 women & 3 aliens back then. You forget about weekends plus some were very iffy. You had to GET the women first. There was a lot of freezing & unfreezing going on, which can be done here too

This game has devolved to one thing: voyages.
    You say we will have to try different crew based on their traits. Isn't that what we did in missions & cadet missions?

Once you had the missions you wanted finished, 6 cadets were all you needed though. If we had unlimited slots, what you propose would totally work. However, with 1200 crew and 300 or less slots, it becomes a lot of work for not a huge amount of gain based on the rewards we saw in the video.

Again, how long did it take to get those 6 cadets? The game back then was totally different than it is today. I know I spent all my honour on 5* training. You had to search for missions

Everything now is just expected to be handed on a platter without lifting a hand
    There are plenty of gold crew that I never use that can be frozen. I learned very early on that there was no point in opening premium packs as they would just take up space of slots that I wouldn't level/FFFE for ages

• Options
    This looks very cool. I like it's reliance on traits, which has the potentially to give a lot of existing crew a bump in usefulness. To that end, it's nice to see some traits aren't also used in voyages. And I'm not just saying that because of "Denobulan." :smiley:

The bridge is unexpected, and looks quite interesting. I can't wait to learn more.
    the screen seemed to imply that it was based on the damage you did (like a threshold reward).

One thing I hope they consider, allow us to use frozen crew. We have so many frozen crew with a variety of traits. I don't want to have to guess trait matches, search the vault for my frozen crew, unfreeze them, try them out, and then freeze them again to try a different crew. If this is truly about utilizing our crew depth, it should be the full depth and not just the crew we have active.

I disagree with this

We could never warp cadet missions for a long time & had to keep freezing/unfreezing crew. You knew the essential crew to keep(women/starfleet/aliens) all the time
    Not to mention missions - which there haven't been any new ones in ages. About time for some more what with Disco/Picard/LD & now SNW
    Not being able to use frozen crew will add a new challenge & strategy to the game

The difference is we knew there were limited requirements. As long as we had 3 starfleet, 3 women, and 3 aliens we were good. This entire system seems based on trying different crew with different traits to figure out who unlocks the node. And if each boss battle uses the same traits that'll be boring fast, so I assume each battle will have different traits. So now it's not about finding the optimal 3 crew, it's about finding the correct crew among all of our crew. That's a lot more crew to keep active.

You needed more than 3 starfleet, 3 women & 3 aliens back then. You forget about weekends plus some were very iffy. You had to GET the women first. There was a lot of freezing & unfreezing going on, which can be done here too

You say we will have to try different crew based on their traits. Isn't that what we did in missions & cadet missions?

Once you had the missions you wanted finished, 6 cadets were all you needed though. If we had unlimited slots, what you propose would totally work. However, with 1200 crew and 300 or less slots, it becomes a lot of work for not a huge amount of gain based on the rewards we saw in the video.

Again, how long did it take to get those 6 cadets? The game back then was totally different than it is today. I know I spent all my honour on 5* training. You had to search for missions

Everything now is just expected to be handed on a platter without lifting a hand
    There are plenty of gold crew that I never use that can be frozen. I learned very early on that there was no point in opening premium packs as they would just take up space of slots that I wouldn't level/FFFE for ages

It took a lot of time, but it didn't push you to drain your resources in what will potentially be a 24-hour timespan, only to get rewards that are of little immediate use or of little use in general. We've all been asking for a feature that would allow us to use our crew, but I don't think anyone was referring to 1* and 2* crew.

I probably wouldn't really mind having one level locked to lower rarities, but three difficulty levels that don't allow to use legendaries is about as agreeable as it was to be an ftp player when VIP0 players weren't allowed to warp anything. Plus it will drain resources.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I disagree with this

I've been playing this game since before there was a vault and before cadet missions existed. I'm well aware of how it used to be. I also figured out the crew I needed on my own without expecting a game guide to tell me, use X crew for Y node.

You left a node locked because you didn't have the right crew. But it didn't really matter because you couldn't warp the mission anyway. Then once you got the crew you needed you cleared the node and then froze the crew.

But all you needed was 6 2* crew. And wishing there were more options to reduce that further(I wonder if you could do three now). Then when advanced cadets were added you needed to figure out the three crew you needed to then ignore the rest.

For this it looks like you need to search for new different crew each time. So that constant experimenting means needing more crew than just the 9 crew we used to need. And at this point I don't even have space for those 9 if I needed them again.
  • Options
    HaBlackHaBlack ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I still haven’t finished all cadet missions…
    9tqa0951x2uh.png
    PlayingSince: 2016-09-16Can we get some more characters from TAS?We finally have Caitians in the game!Character wishlist:
    • Lieutenant M'Ress - got her
    • Amanda Rogers - got her
    • Admiral S'rrel from Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home - not in the game yet
    • Agmar - not in the game yet
    • M'yra - not in the game yet
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the resources of an entire fleet, I think trait-matching will be less of a concern. Some unfreezing may certainly occur, but I suspect it will be minimal and spread across all participants.
    I’m reserving my judgment on this new feature until it’s operational and I have experienced it.
    Not the sort of sentiment I expect on the internet. That Federation utopianism must be rubbing off on you! :)

But I agree, I'm quite curious to try everything out and see how it feels.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Peets wrote: »
    dext74 wrote: »
    Wasn't this originally late May targeted? Any timeline updates?
    Shan wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with inquiring :)

It is still in the works, we're looking at end of June for a release, tentatively still.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/260458#Comment_260458

@Shan is there any update on an expected ETA? I'm looking forward to trying this out.
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭

It is still in the works, we're looking at end of June for a release, tentatively still.

@Shan is there any update on an expected ETA? I'm looking forward to trying this out.

I expect that WRG will have to release a new client for this. Based on previous experience, they wait a week to force everyone to update. The day after that is when I’d expect boss battles to be released. So my guess is sometime in July.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

I expect that WRG will have to release a new client for this. Based on previous experience, they wait a week to force everyone to update. The day after that is when I’d expect boss battles to be released. So my guess is sometime in July.

That's probably true. But hopefully Shan can tell us, the update has been submitted to apple for review and the expect the forced update on X date. Or, they're still fixing bugs and hot to submit the update to apple on Y.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fleet Boss Battles will have 6 levels of difficulty. Each difficulty level allows for different crew and ship rarity to be used. Once a Battle is started you’ll have 24 hours to deal as much damage as you can.

Master a difficulty level by defeating the Boss, and to unlock the next difficulty level.
    Increased difficulty means higher Hull value for the Boss, but also better rewards.

I know this is a beta, but please open the crew up to all frozen crew or rethink the level locks. After allowing us to warp cadet missions we don't have 1-3* crew unfrozen. And we certainly don't have all the crew accessible to figure out the trait combos.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m kinda hoping that the lower level versions won’t require heavy use of the combo chains.

Or reward a sufficient amount of merits that I don’t care if I have to thaw out some crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know this is a beta, but please open the crew up to all frozen crew or rethink the level locks. After allowing us to warp cadet missions we don't have 1-3* crew unfrozen. And we certainly don't have all the crew accessible to figure out the trait combos.

Regarding the part I bolded… unless I’m misunderstanding something, there a lots of ways to search for crew traits before unfreezing the one we need. Vault (click on card of choice), datacore, wiki, etc. I don’t think we’ll have to fish around randomly, right?

But in general I agree that I’d prefer not unfreezing at all.
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

Regarding the part I bolded… unless I’m misunderstanding something, there a lots of ways to search for crew traits before unfreezing the one we need. Vault (click on card of choice), datacore, wiki, etc. I don’t think we’ll have to fish around randomly, right?

But in general I agree that I’d prefer not unfreezing at all.

There are ways to search. But can you imagine searching for one combo, unfreezing crew for that, then finding out it doesn't work and needing to freeze the crew and unfreeze crew with a different combo, and then that one misses too? All within a 24 hour period with growing merit costs for each.

I think searching for crew could be interesting. Especially when you factor in needing crew with ship abilities. It certainly is more interesting than a bunch of sledgehammer crew in skirmish events. But if they want to build on that crew searching, and let players utilize crew depth, then it should be as painless as possible. And that means we should be able to use vaulted crew without unfreezing.
  • Options
    Kim_Novak.IIKim_Novak.II ✭✭✭✭
    So you are wanting this done ASAP instead of working out like in missions?

People complain about the lack nothing new in the game. Then when something IS introduced, they complain
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

People complain about the lack nothing new in the game. Then when something IS introduced, they complain

Each battle lasts 24 hours. So there is no working on it for days/weeks. And based on the complexity of the bridge and boosts they've talked about, I'm assuming this will be like starbases that took months/years to complete.

But as DavideBooks explained, it's not about completing it quickly, it's about completing it at all because we've been encouraged for years to freeze our crew and we now have more frozen crew at low levels than can be expected to fit on our rosters.
  • Options
    NoffeNoffe ✭✭
    I hightly doubt it if you can use frozen crew because
    1. WRG wants us to spend dill => crew slots
    2. WRG wants us to have more interaction, develop the social aspect of the game. Increase rentention.
    3. WRG doesn't want us to hoard credits, you might find the need to buy to thow some Wesleys. (can be treated by saying "it's just a game")

If there are 5 nodes and 50 members... surely it can be a bit orgainzed when there's a limit amount of combos to try from. And if you are worried you might need a green card, there is a chance your newest rookie have them unfrozen. Or there's a gold equivalent.

I'm excited for something new.
    Any worries, irritation etc I'll do when the situation demands it.
  • Options

Each battle lasts 24 hours. So there is no working on it for days/weeks. And based on the complexity of the bridge and boosts they've talked about, I'm assuming this will be like starbases that took months/years to complete.

But as DavideBooks explained, it's not about completing it quickly, it's about completing it at all because we've been encouraged for years to freeze our crew and we now have more frozen crew at low levels than can be expected to fit on our rosters.

This is a fleet boss battle. As a fleet you will have 50 members that can experiment to find out the right combo 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Kim, it might not be 50 members, a lot of fleets are not full
  • Options
    Time to start recruiting/looking/combining then?

Strength in numbers
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    The ISM-for-dailies thing definitely felt like an attempt to get active players to consolidate into fewer, bigger fleets. It wouldn't surprise me if this had a similar motivation in the mix.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ISM-for-dailies thing definitely felt like an attempt to get active players to consolidate into fewer, bigger fleets. It wouldn't surprise me if this had a similar motivation in the mix.

Several fleet mates left for more active fleets after the ISM thing and I wish them well. I'm not sure my fleet has ever gotten ISM for dailies, but I'm fine, so I don't worry. We'll be fine this time too.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update!
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭

Strength in numbers

There's a lot of fleets out there with 40+ members. None of those fleets are in a position to combine, so they're all actively recruiting. Unfortunately there's a distinct lack of new players looking to join a fleet, certainly nowhere near enough of them to fill all those empty positions. More players are leaving the game than are joining it, which is not a good sign.

Although, if anybody is looking for a fun, laid-back fleet that gives you the space and support to be as competitive as you want without any pressure, Temporal Guards are recruiting. ;)
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been excited about this new feature. I am looking forward to trying it out.

I have a lot of the same worries that other people in this thread have, but we will just have to see what we get once its released. Im glad they are calling it beta, hopefully if there is a lot of player feedback on certain things, they will take it seriously and actually change it.
  • Options
    Where are the new deactivated icons?
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Strength in numbers

There's a lot of fleets out there with 40+ members. None of those fleets are in a position to combine, so they're all actively recruiting. Unfortunately there's a distinct lack of new players looking to join a fleet, certainly nowhere near enough of them to fill all those empty positions. More players are leaving the game than are joining it, which is not a good sign.

Although, if anybody is looking for a fun, laid-back fleet that gives you the space and support to be as competitive as you want without any pressure, Temporal Guards are recruiting. ;)

Hence the / for different options such as combining if you are in a large fleet.
    Plenty of opportunities on STT Facebook page to both recruit & search for new fleets
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    ChaosChild wrote: »

Strength in numbers

Actually, according to the Arena Admiral Division the amount of players has been stable for the last month. I'm tracking it.

Disclaimer: A lot of people state that the Admiral Division is a sign of the player base. I'm not sure but I think you are one of them. Apologies if I'm wrong. I'll keep track of the amount of Admiral players :wink:

Edit: Our fleet has 9 people under lvl 35 active in the last 3 days.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where are the new deactivated icons?

You need to be on 9.0.0 to see them.
    Captain's Bridge is in the Manifest.
    The Fleet Boss Battles icon takes the spot of the Scan icon, the Scan icon being moved to the right side of the screen, above the Galaxy Map icon.