Home The Bridge
Options

Fleet Boss Battles Teaser Trailer!

ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
A convention, forum, and social channels exclusive for our upcoming new feature: Fleet Boss Battles!

There will be more details coming soon of course, but I hope you will enjoy this teaser :)

https://youtu.be/-HRHOEfngHg

Comments

• Options
    DragenDragen ✭✭✭
    looks interesting. thanks for update
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring it! My small fleet will try.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    Very interesting
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    So if I'm joining the dots correctly, ships will now have boosts to stats (for voyages?) which can be bought with (a lot of) resources, which are presumably earned through the boss battles?
  • Options
    EdwynEdwyn ✭✭✭
    Not what I had in mind when thinking of new game modes built around roster depth, but definitely excited for something new and anxious to hear more.
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me how to join these boss battles?
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me how to join these boss battles?

The feature isn't released yet.
  • Options
    I'm almost excited by that
  • Options
    This looks like it could be a fun time. Excited to see what the rewards look like.
  • Options
    I really hope this does deliver on leveraging ship / crew depth as advertised.

My recommendation on this note is to make sure there is enough reason to change up Ships and crew while also having good search to select then and have the changes not so frequent they seem tedious. I.e. no more than a few per day.
  • Options
    ArnieArnie ✭✭✭✭
    It would be good if we could use ship schematics for completed ships in some way (e.g. repairing etc.)
  • Options
    dext74dext74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't this originally late May targeted? Any timeline updates?
  • Options
    PeetsPeets ✭✭✭✭
    dext74 wrote: »
    Wasn't this originally late May targeted? Any timeline updates?
    Shan wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with inquiring :)

It is still in the works, we're looking at end of June for a release, tentatively still.

https://forum.wickedrealmgames.com/stt/discussion/comment/260458#Comment_260458
  • Options
    I'm excited about this but I do have some concerns.

• This will presumably rely heavily on the in-game chat which is SOOOO broken. I *think* I read somewhere that this was going to be addressed. Hopefully, that's the case.
    • Something of this scale has the potential to break a lot of other parts of the game. My suggestion here would be to have a closed beta prior to launch. Maybe select from a cross-section of Fleets to participate and give it a full-blown shakedown cruise.
    • At some point, the impact on players' system resources can become an issue. People playing on lower-end hardware could really suffer.

As I said I'm excited about this. I just hope that it all works smoothly and correctly.
  • Options
    Mirror McCoyMirror McCoy ✭✭✭✭
    Something of this scale has the potential to break a lot of other parts of the game.

My speculation is that something in the code for fleet boss battles is what caused the problems this past skirmish event.

• Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited about this but I do have some concerns.

• This will presumably rely heavily on the in-game chat which is SOOOO broken. I *think* I read somewhere that this was going to be addressed. Hopefully, that's the case.
    • Something of this scale has the potential to break a lot of other parts of the game. My suggestion here would be to have a closed beta prior to launch. Maybe select from a cross-section of Fleets to participate and give it a full-blown shakedown cruise.
    • At some point, the impact on players' system resources can become an issue. People playing on lower-end hardware could really suffer.

As I said I'm excited about this. I just hope that it all works smoothly and correctly.

They have a team of Beta Testers. We pay them instead of them paying us, but they have a team of Beta Testers.....
    What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    love the teaser thx for sharing
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's probably too far along to change this, but it's disappointing that it seems we're competing against our fleetmates for rewards. As I win better rewards, my fleetmates receive worse and vice versa. I'd much rather compete with my friends against other fleets.

I’m fine with fleet vs. CPU. I’d hate to have people be trying to set up boss battles when stronger players aren’t online.

Also, I’d be interested in seeing more specifics about boss battles.
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »
    It's probably too far along to change this, but it's disappointing that it seems we're competing against our fleetmates for rewards. As I win better rewards, my fleetmates receive worse and vice versa. I'd much rather compete with my friends against other fleets.

I’m fine with fleet vs. CPU. I’d hate to have people be trying to set up boss battles when stronger players aren’t online.

I'm just speaking about rewards and leaderboards, which currently have you competing against your fleetmates. The actual battling ship vs NPC is fine.
  • Options
    EnderWEnderW ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, it’s Rancor battles; I’ve done these before. The node aspect is unique. As presented that seems an unnecessary complication though.

Obviously a better understanding and breakdown of the rewards would help to understand how useful this is will be. As would a better understanding of the Captain’s Bridge feature.
    Playing Since: 2018-02-26 Level: 99 Fleet: ÷ Battleship Yamato, Squad Leader & Fleet Officer; 16hr, 26min Voyage /wo Refuel; 1486 Immortalized Crew; Highest Event Rank: 8 (God of Thunder)
  • Options
    [RotP]Ran Airen[RotP]Ran Airen ✭✭✭✭
    Navarch wrote: »

I'm just speaking about rewards and leaderboards, which currently have you competing against your fleetmates. The actual battling ship vs NPC is fine.

I only watched it once but maybe I missed it. I thought Ben implied that you were competing for a share of the rewards (like a rank reward) but the screen seemed to imply that it was based on the damage you did (like a threshold reward).

I guess we will find out.
    Member of Rise of the Phoenix.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022
    Here it is! The best way to preview the new BOSS BATTLES feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUIjj_6LNA

That video was the best thing going on with this game in months! Kudos!

Oh right, fleet boss battles... ummmm... meh
  • Options
    Selene 7Selene 7 ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my, that video was brilliant 🤣
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made the mistake of watching it at work (thanks, bluetooth earbuds). My side is hurting from suppressing laughter! Well done!
  • Options
    Navarch Navarch ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made the mistake of watching it at work (thanks, bluetooth earbuds). My side is hurting from suppressing laughter! Well done!

I rewatched it this afternoon and I was still laughing my way through.
  • Options
    Veterinary PhloxVeterinary Phlox ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks very cool. I like it's reliance on traits, which has the potentially to give a lot of existing crew a bump in usefulness. To that end, it's nice to see some traits aren't also used in voyages. And I'm not just saying that because of "Denobulan." :smiley:

The bridge is unexpected, and looks quite interesting. I can't wait to learn more.
    the screen seemed to imply that it was based on the damage you did (like a threshold reward).
    This was my take away as well.

Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport