Home The Bridge
Options

Boss Battles Chicago Demo!

Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
Okay Ben dropped in our Chilled Stream from Chicago to do a demo of the Boss Battles, including Ship Bridges, Boosts and fleet integrations! Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48Jp9ggYh6I

Comments

• Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for posting this! 🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    PhotonKimPhotonKim ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Looks interesting 🤔
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    "There's a "bug" where the Boss is not doing much damage to your ship."

Well, yeah. I play Marvel Future Fight. I understand. I'm quite familiar with the phrase "What you get in the game might actually vary."

Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am more excited about the captain’s bridge. Boss battle will be cool if it isn’t too difficult which would hurt smaller and less active fleets.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am more excited about the captain’s bridge. Boss battle will be cool if it isn’t too difficult which would hurt smaller and less active fleets.

Yeah. That looked like a good update. I agree that hopefully it will be doable for all players/fleets. One of the naval games I play is notoriously bad about being openly "Pay to not lose so bad".

When they have a new Ship for the Monthly Raid, the Ship as released is not suitable to do the targets. They always need to be "upgraded" three or even four times to half-way work in the Event.
    Why was Vicki not expelled from Greendale after she literally stabbed Pierce in the face with a pencil?!?!?
  • Options
    As long as it is easier than the Star Wars Galaxy Heroes Rancor I will be happy. That darn Rancor was trouble.

m4dyieea9ram.gif
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Princess_UhuraPrincess_Uhura ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone put together a list of what was revealed in the demo? I heard them say they are still figuring it out and putting it together but when are we going to get to play boss battles?
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    So, ship battles 2.0. Have to see the final product, but until then,
    i m not excited at all. Sorry.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Captain IdolCaptain Idol ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone put together a list of what was revealed in the demo? I heard them say they are still figuring it out and putting it together but when are we going to get to play boss battles?

Tentatively slated for the end of May, but that's only a verbal date, nothing officially announced.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2022
    @Stellar Ice typed up some notes from her encounter with @WRG Ben at the con and posted them on the STT Discord server. As @Captain Idol said above, nothing official yet, but here ya go:

"Ok, so I got to demo the new Fleet Boss Battles with Ben. Forgive me if I get any of this wrong. There was a lot of info to absorb.

Looks like the fleet works together to defeat a boss through ship battles. There are multiple levels of difficulty to choose from to accommodate fleets of all experience levels. There are individual rewards for the damage dealt to the boss, in addition to fleet rewards for the fleet progress towards the boss.

There is also a Captain's Bridge feature that allows a fleet to build their fleet's bridge together. The rewards for this include ship buffs that will enhance ships much like existing buffs for crew.

A third component allows fleets to work together to discover and choose crew with different traits to unlock nodes through fleet communication.

There will also be a new exclusive crew and ship reward with this new game feature. Currently this feature is planned to go live at the end of May."
    🖖
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Seem like this is going to be murder on casual fleets.
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

While this might be true (depending on the difficulty levels presented), I can see that it would be difficult for them to design game features that work well for both casual players and "hardcore" players.
  • Options

While this might be true (depending on the difficulty levels presented), I can see that it would be difficult for them to design game features that work well for both casual players and "hardcore" players.

It’s always been the danger of fleet activities but everyone goes at their own pace. It will probably be ok and they can always adjust it after launch.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    As reliable as the ingame chat is I hope that the discovered traits will be automatically visible to everyone on the crew interface. If we need to inform others about discovered traits elsewhere that will **tsk tsk** with fleet mates who do not use Discord.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.