Home The Bridge
Options

Hello, Roy Ritterhouse 4*- "Far Beyond The Stars" Collection Please

W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2022 in The Bridge
Look who I spotted in the Vault!
gowabcy8vnto.png
I'm up for another vanity collection.
On that note... If anyone else is tracking how many Milestones need added to existing collections, my updated list shows 15!
W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*

Comments

• Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm only three stars away from immortalizing Logician Solok, which would complete my objective of finishing all the DS9-specific collections. A "Far Beyond the Stars" collection would give me a new project. I think it'd be kinda neat if Dr. Not-Damar was a milestone reward for the collection, since he was part of that universe but appeared in a different episode.
  • Options
    I'd be all here for that collection. But according to WRG it's apparently really hard to add new crew to vanity collections. And there are so many crew from Far Beyond the Stars still to come (Jake, Worf, Kassidy, Dukat, Weyoun, Dax,...)

So I think we'll have to wait a while for that collection.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to check for sure, but we've been getting a vanity collection at the rate of about one a year. This has to be up there on the list of possibilities. I think "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang" was the last one.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    mog8cgh7c2d2.jpeg

A close up of the art. See what stories it inspires you to write.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have to check for sure, but we've been getting a vanity collection at the rate of about one a year. This has to be up there on the list of possibilities. I think "Badda-Bing, Badda-Bang" was the last one.

14 themed collections:
    3 DS9, Badda-Bing, Our Man Bashir, Play Ball.
    3 TNG, Set Sail, Sherwood Forest, The Big Goodby.
    1 ENT, Delphic Expanse.
    1 Animated. (TAS + LD)
    1 Voy, Bride of Chaotica.

Others: Space suits, Gauntlet, Holodeck, Wild West, Originals.

There is no TOS specific collection. I would like to see one, but cannot think of a theme offhand.
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no TOS specific collection. I would like to see one, but cannot think of a theme offhand.

It's inherently hard to do a TOS-specific collection. Guests were almost never seen a second time, or even other guests from the same species or faction. Rarely did anyone outside Kirk, Spock, and McCoy get to play dress-up. The only collection I can see building using existing Timelines crew would be "The Cage":

Away Team Number One
    Captain Pike
    Orion Vina
    Rigel VII Vina
    Talos IV Spock
    The Keeper

It could be expanded to "The Menagerie" and include Tribunal Pike. Or it could be combined with "Where No Man Has Gone Before" for a Pilots collection:

Astrosciences Sulu
    Elizabeth Dehner
    Lt. Commander Mitchell

Future variants could consist of Picnic Pike, Vina in a couple different outfits, and Kirk & Spock in their WNMHGB unis. Or their dress unis if you were to go with "The Menagerie". Anyone else would require getting into the likeness rights quagmire.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    mog8cgh7c2d2.jpeg

A close up of the art. See what stories it inspires you to write.

A very common-looking sci-fi cover image for the era. I've read more than I care to admit of stories from that time. Some are pretty good. Most are a bit cringy. I do love the Edgar Rice Burroughs books, though. Such a good author. The thing is that many of those stories had cover images like this, but the images seldom came close to matching the actual stories.