Home The Bridge
Options

Event Discussion - Skirmish Event In Taste Confounds (flashback) - 2022-05-12

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Artwork for Worf looks odd. Like he has red hair.
    Overall not a great piece of artwork. :|
    Stats wise, bases are decent but voyages score is low, thx to the low profs.

bico178d049e.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    For those complaining about Lower Decks, we get another 5* LD with Worf 😂
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is Worf a red-headed scientist?
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    robownage wrote: »
    Why is Worf a red-headed scientist?

To go along with fellow redhead Mok'bara Crusher
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    definitely not compared to judo crusher where there is actually some detail in the clothing

• Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

bico178d049e.jpeg

To be fair, he's #67 overall voyager and #3 in his triplet. He's not a must have crew, but FF he'd find use on most rosters now. He just won't age well. But I don't think I'd say his voyage score is low.
  • Options
    Sulu's HusbandSulu's Husband ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was inspired by Kirk disguised as a Romulan.
    jmmvkg76mpv0.jpg

• Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have been doing this wired orange yellowish color and it definitely hits home here.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worf is just dehydrated from an intense workout. Give him some prune juice and he will perk right up.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »

bico178d049e.jpeg

To be fair, he's #67 overall voyager and #3 in his triplet. He's not a must have crew, but FF he'd find use on most rosters now. He just won't age well. But I don't think I'd say his voyage score is low.

SEC/DIP boosts are heavily favored atm, 5% ahead of some others. He's #6 in his bonus-neutral triplet. With an ENG or MED collection update, he could drop 50 ranks overnight. At least he's not CMD/DIP/SEC.

z3tr951gv7ih.png
  • Options
    Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    double post
  • Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    AviTrek wrote: »

bico178d049e.jpeg

Unboosted he is ranked 112th, and within the range plenty of crew are
    really close by.

To me any new Crew with a voyages score(unboosted) less than 3,500
    is low, except Main Skills Combo wise is a rare and/or Top 3 ,
    like for the Grumpy Kitten.

Mains Skills Combo(SEC/DIP) wise he is only 10th best, no matter if boosted or
    unboosted. His 3rd skill SCI isn t a game changer for voyages, imho.

But yeah, total voyages score wise he is the 2nd best Worf.

fz89z0cfr6x8.jpeg
    y0228q1y7349.jpeg
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Travis S McClainTravis S McClain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worf is just dehydrated from an intense workout. Give him some prune juice and he will perk right up.

Speaking as someone with Crohn's, I wouldn't advise prune juice for hydration. If you want to follow your intense workout with abrupt, urgent running however....
  • Options
    MicrohopperMicrohopper ✭✭✭✭

Speaking as someone with Crohn's, I wouldn't advise prune juice for hydration. If you want to follow your intense workout with abrupt, urgent running however....

Maybe they've taken away some qualities of prune juice in the 24th Century. Synthaprune?
  • Options
    Severian67Severian67 ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    No apology for taking away this week's OE and effectively leaving those of us who had come to depend on the OE with something like a 1200-chron deficit. Comment moderated - ~Shan
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Classy
    There were plenty who played & did OK before the (very new) OE came out
  • Options
    Severian67Severian67 ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Yes, but who didn't change their event strategy to take account of OEs? Instead, they neglect to tell us that they're pulling the pre-skirmish OE until *today* when they could have told us several days ago so that we would have more time to plan. They did blunder.
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it had been pulled from the Hub before today. I thought they were either skipping or doing something different, like an Endurance with a SNW crew ahead of a Mega in August or TMP related with the Director Cut release.
    I finish all event crew independent of the OE's and could still finish them easily. I finished Boimler Friday, fully equipped Mariner either late Saturday or early Sunday, and held off fusing the reward copies of Mariner until I had word the event was cancelled. I would have done it tomorrow otherwise. FYI, fully equipped Mariner at just 1/4* saw event use for me. I didn't have T'Ana. She was the only gold I didn't earn from the Mega.
    I haven't changed my Event strategy at all and the OE's are great for me. I hold non-Event crew at their next tier and roll over some of those for my 90 lvls. I wait to fuse non-Event crew for the OE. I have Martoks, a Polaric Janeway, and a gold Boothby waiting on the next one. I wait to drop the last piece of equipment or the last fusion for some non-event crew for the OE.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    CalhounCalhoun ✭✭✭✭✭
    Severian67 wrote: »
    Yes, but who didn't change their event strategy to take account of OEs?

I didn’t. I can’t seem to get rid of chrons.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Yes, but who didn't change their event strategy to take account of OEs? Instead, they neglect to tell us that they're pulling the pre-skirmish OE until *today* when they could have told us several days ago so that we would have more time to plan. They did blunder.

The only change I made is to level up 4 FF crew - purps or golds that have become ready - to 99 during skirmish so I have enough until the next skirm to fill the immortalize need. It gets me intel so has a double purpose. So instead of freezing crew straight away, I keep them around a bit longer. Martok will was gonna be tomorrow, but now it will be Campaign president next week then Martok

Apart from that, absolutely nothing has changed. Instead of being grateful, you seem the opposite
  • Options
    Severian67Severian67 ✭✭
    edited May 2022
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    Apart from that, absolutely nothing has changed. Instead of being grateful, you seem the opposite

My apologies, but what is it you suggest I am ungrateful for? The introduction of OEs, or the sudden removal of this week's without adequate warning?

Let me make myself abundantly clear. I was *delighted* with the introduction of OEs. As I have already stated, they have changed the way I play the game, although following this debacle I'll be reverting to my old approach. Once bitten, twice shy. What I decline to be grateful for is having my event planning messed up.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    One week missed of OE & your game is screwed? You resort to name calling - that is the biggest thing IMO

I have no clue on how many chrons you have
    If you are just focusing on the OE to help you for chrons in skirm then maybe budget more?
    As soon as the skirm is finished, I start preparing & saving
    In galaxy I only go to threshold crew unless it's a mega. I was lucky this time as I got a sweer Mariner pull so no need to go for her
    Save all my levelling for skirm, none inbetween, just your dailies. If you wanna go even further, research, make a list & get only the ship battle items & them build after the event so you don't waste chrons on away missions

Maybe they should turn off the auto & speed up functions one week on skirm just to give people a taste of how it was 🙂😉 Then you will know what button pressing is 😃 have fun! We all went through it at whatever level you are at - only harder. It gets easier as the game gets older because of all the additions
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    Kim-Novak wrote: »

My apologies, but what is it you suggest I am ungrateful for? The introduction of OEs, or the sudden removal of this week's without adequate warning?

Let me make myself abundantly clear. I was *delighted* with the introduction of OEs. As I have already stated, they have changed the way I play the game, although following this debacle I'll be reverting to my old approach. Once bitten, twice shy. What I decline to be grateful for is having my event planning messed up.

If you are not already familiar with this, it is helpful for getting your items during skirmishing, especially if you are farming & want to know where to go

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarTrekTimelines/comments/9en4b9/skirmish_farming_guide_and_reference_sheet/
  • Options
    JhamelJhamel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just meowticed this one. You're so good, Sonja. <3 Huge congratumeowsniffilations to you and the Top 15 finish with a purrple pull and 4 Woofs! :)
    "Everything about the Jem'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris (ST-DS9 Episode 2x26 "The Jem'Hadar")