Home The Bridge
Options

Prepare for Skirmish

Have they pulled next weeks “Prepare for Skirmish” event, it does not seem to be in my list of upcoming events anymore. I’m sure I saw it a few days ago. Did I miss the memo?

Comments

• Options
    Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here. It‘s gone.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    weakinteractionweakinteraction ✭✭✭✭
    I can think of two possibilities off the top of my head:

1) they're double checking/fixing something so that everything will count properly (we've had three in a row now where they had to send out a "please contact Support if you did it but didn't get the rewards" message)
    2) they've decided to run another one of those stretch-and-challenge-y events like we had a while back (where you have to actually win at things, not just attempt them)
  • Options

1) they're double checking/fixing something so that everything will count properly (we've had three in a row now where they had to send out a "please contact Support if you did it but didn't get the rewards" message)
    2) they've decided to run another one of those stretch-and-challenge-y events like we had a while back (where you have to actually win at things, not just attempt them)

I can think of a 3rd. Another unintended mess up. 🤗
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    All wrong, it will be prepare for the Expedition.

Also death to expeditions.
    #flashbackrunish :p

9kdk8b11vuad.png

"In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    General MortarsGeneral Mortars ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still preparing for skirmish. I hope it's the right thing to do.

And I'm still holding off immortalizing the president of earth...
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always prepare for skirmish. Doesn’t matter if there’s an OE or not. Skirmish is the way. 😁🖖
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess everyone has already properly prepared. Good work everyone!
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭

A lot of players will be pissed if they do a stretch and challenge event without giving them time to prepare.

Given all the bugs they've had with objective events recently, I'm more inclined to guess it's another bug. But I guess we'll see on Monday.
  • Options
    ChaosChildChaosChild ✭✭✭✭✭
    Support have confirmed that there will be no OE next week, it was removed deliberately and won't be replaced. Why there's been no official notification on this is anybody's guess.
  • Options
    ChaosChild wrote: »
    Support have confirmed that there will be no OE next week, it was removed deliberately and won't be replaced. Why there's been no official notification on this is anybody's guess.

Not sure if weekend support really has the correct information. We‘ll see.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Hopefully we might hear something today about it, but I am surprised there's been no official word
    Come and join the Star Trek Timelines Discord! https://discord.gg/8Du7ZtJ
    Let's Fly!
  • Options
    W.W. CarlisleW.W. Carlisle ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, @Shan ! That let's make some changes to my prep this week.
    W.W. CarlislePlayed since January 20, 2019Captain Level- 99 (May 9, 2022)VIP 14Crew Quarters: 485/485Most recent/Lowest- Anbo-jyutsu Kyle Riker (1/5* Lvl 30) 5/29/23Immortalized x-866 5* x184, 4* x 490, 3* x91, 2* x62, and 1* x27Most recent Immortal - Tearful Janeway 4* 5/25/23Current non-event project- Improving my Science base skill. Retrieval Project- Mestral 1/5*
  • Options
    tytlaltytlal ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    well, by introducing OEs, u changed our playstyle ,but most importantly , time alotments ,we invest in the game.
    i wont go into $/$#)=# i feel like now, but please, do better

i'll make a "friendly" tap on the shoulder by skipping all buys i do in a month, and then reevaluate my decision
  • Options
    tytlal wrote: »
    well, by introducing OEs, u changed our playstyle ,but most importantly , time alotments ,we invest in the game.
    i wont go into $/$#)=# i feel like now, but please, do better

i'll make a "friendly" tap on the shoulder by skipping all buys i do in a month

Umm.. no communication, and now no compensation either? Like this poster said like it or not players now factor OE into gameplay. Had we known there's no OE earlier we could have adjusted chron expenditures. Agree.. do better.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I said in another thread, I take responsibility for not communicating about the removal of the Skirmish OE when it was unscheduled and removed from the Event Hub last week.

My apologies.
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I feel it's just a thing that you have to do to keep up with other players. Less free resources means less tapping. So I for one will throw a party.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    tytlal wrote: »

Yeah! All that unfused, unimmortalized crew I had just sitting there! Waiting! For after Midnight! I had my official Objective Event music cued up ready to go!

https://youtu.be/9VVFNgbsDC4

I guess I’ll just fuse my crew 11 hours early and do my arena regularly.
    I cannot <3 this post enough.
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    The only OE that makes a difference is faction
  • Options
    This Sisko1This Sisko1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kim-Novak wrote: »
    The only OE that makes a difference is faction

Agreed, although it leads me to spend more dil which is the secret plan
  • Options
    KopaceticK[BART'S]KopaceticK[BART'S] ✭✭✭
    edited May 2022
    The only OE that makes a difference is

Mmm sort of, but in reality if you don't have large pile of boosts, tokens, and or time reducers, you're going nowhere in the event anyway. The small amount you get from the OE is nice but hardly a difference maker for one event.

They're all nice to have freebies, but if you don't already have the resources stockpiled (or bought) you're not ranking.
  • Options

Mmm sort of, but in reality if you don't have large pile of boosts, tokens, and or time reducers, you're going nowhere in the event anyway. The small amount you get from the OE is nice but hardly a difference maker for one event.

They're all nice to have freebies, but if you don't already have the resources stockpiled (or bought) you're not ranking.

From personal experience, I think the OEs can tip the balance, rather than just being a nice extra. Since OEs came in, I've gotten into squandering the purple boosts on a ridiculously OTT quickstart in faction events, even if I'm not planning to push hard overall, just because it amuses me to be in the top 50 even if only for a few minutes (I even managed it on my Nightmare Mode account one time when I was able to get in at the very beginning of the event). So I didn't have a big hoard on hand, and I was able to come within the top 1k for the T'Ana event, primarily because of the boosts from the OEs (and Thursday cadets) after we knew she was coming, at which point I did switch over to hoarding.

I did have some tokens, but not all that many as I'd wiped out my previous stash for Angel Burnmom back in Feb and I don't do the premium campaign any more. And I didn't spend any dil during the course of the event (though I did pull an event pack in advance for a first star on Hippie O'Brien - many thanks to whoever it was on here who pointed out that he was almost guaranteed).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I would have missed out on T'Ana were it not for the OE loot, especially the gold time reducers which let me get to 4k VP missions before sending my first set of overnights, which isn't usually possible for me because of time zones.
  • Options
    Kim-NovakKim-Novak ✭✭✭
    The 4 & 5* time boosts given make a world of difference IMO, for the quick start & getting yourself in a comfy place
    I've got plenty now
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭

From personal experience, I think the OEs can tip the balance, rather than just being a nice extra. Since OEs came in, I've gotten into squandering the purple boosts on a ridiculously OTT quickstart in faction events, even if I'm not planning to push hard overall, just because it amuses me to be in the top 50 even if only for a few minutes (I even managed it on my Nightmare Mode account one time when I was able to get in at the very beginning of the event). So I didn't have a big hoard on hand, and I was able to come within the top 1k for the T'Ana event, primarily because of the boosts from the OEs (and Thursday cadets) after we knew she was coming, at which point I did switch over to hoarding.

I did have some tokens, but not all that many as I'd wiped out my previous stash for Angel Burnmom back in Feb and I don't do the premium campaign any more. And I didn't spend any dil during the course of the event (though I did pull an event pack in advance for a first star on Hippie O'Brien - many thanks to whoever it was on here who pointed out that he was almost guaranteed).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure I would have missed out on T'Ana were it not for the OE loot, especially the gold time reducers which let me get to 4k VP missions before sending my first set of overnights, which isn't usually possible for me because of time zones.

Oooh I didn’t know you were playing Nigjtmare! How’s it going??
  • Options
    I'm just over halfway through the blues. I have made up some extra rules for myself; I might dig out the right thread later and explain what they are.
  • Options
    Jenos IdanianJenos Idanian ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just over halfway through the blues. I have made up some extra rules for myself; I might dig out the right thread later and explain what they are.

Nice! I'm about halfway through blues myself now. Second trip through the Nightmare.
  • Options
    DScottHewittDScottHewitt ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whoever set up this week's Objective Event clearly plays a LOT of Faction Events......

What if I told you not every single nit needs to be picked literally to death?
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if they are hoping to get some people to un-tank a faction? It is still quite doable, but if work gets busy, I'll just win a few easy ones with my tanked faction and then tank it again.